Lt. Commander
# 41
11-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Here is my prediction. If i post the song I would get warning but everyone knows the song the roof is on fire let the mother ****** burn we dont need no water let it burn ( or as i say let cryptic keep going the way they so chose.)
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
In PWI normal monsters were moderately difficult and always had about a hundred times your hit points. In their dungeons though every monster had thousands of times your hit points and hit for far more damage. Every single piddly monster took several minutes to kill. The BOSSES could have HP in the millions compared to your < 20K HP at max with a Tank and could One Shot entire groups with AoE and single targets with their normal attacks... Generally, even with a good group it took around 10 to 15 minutes to kill one of these bosses and it was NOT a fun or exciting effort. All you did was stand still and spam the same things constantly the ENTIRE time... There was no big strategy. It was "Get rid of the minions and then hit the boss with as big of a stick as possible while healers spam heal for 15 minutes until he dies.".
The whole game was made to make you buy the Mana/Health Charms. They had no coding skills to design even a rudimentary AI for the mobs.
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
The whole game was made to make you buy the Mana/Health Charms. They had no coding skills to design even a rudimentary AI for the mobs.
The AI on mobs in that game can't be any dumber than the ones in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
The AI on mobs in that game can't be any dumber than the ones in this game.
At least the mobs in this game have interesting (YMMV) abilities and they actually move most of the time.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3nPFUlGr5E

Notice how many times people had to move in that fight...
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
Here's my prediction of the future...

Yes ok, I do sit on street corners with a sign saying "Repent sinners, the end is near"
uttt ohhhh. That looked almost like my old Tier 5 city in SWG. lol
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
At least you cannot say no one told you <edit>Dooommmmm doom doomity doom get your tinfoil hats</edit> now
yeah.. okay.
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
Here's my prediction of the future...

Yes ok, I do sit on street corners with a sign saying "Repent sinners, the end is near"
World in Conflict? Awesome game, but yeah, I see this happening.
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Yeah. Pwe + cryptic really screwed over their paying customers in hopes of getting more money in f2p.
The ppl who are subbing now are dedicated st fans.
The matrix screws over subs and Cryptic had to know that.
But they are taking their orders from somewhere else now.
Lt. Commander
# 49
11-03-2011, 11:36 AM
I think you guys have to remember that Perfect World bought Cryptic. They did not buy Star Trek online. Cryptic will continue to develop this game. Cryptic is an American company located in the Bay Area. I would imagine that most of their staff is American.

I am sure Perfect World will have some influence on the game and perhaps not always for the better, but I highly doubt they are going to turn it into one of their MMO's that they developed for the Asian market. They want to make money from their acquisition and the best way to do that is to allow the American company they acquired (Cryptic) continue to develop the game for the Western market.
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
I think you guys have to remember that Perfect World bought Cryptic. They did not buy Star Trek online. Cryptic will continue to develop this game. Cryptic is an American company located in the Bay Area. I would imagine that most of their staff is American.

I am sure Perfect World will have some influence on the game and perhaps not always for the better, but I highly doubt they are going to turn it into one of their MMO's that they developed for the Asian market. They want to make money from their acquisition and the best way to do that is to allow the American company they acquired (Cryptic) continue to develop the game for the Western market.
The only influence they have are all the changes currently having, any new content has to be cbs approved so they are pretty much hands tied, so thankfully "we" are not going to see a mass influx of wierd and wonderful neon pink flying saucers with aliens hanging out the window with a buff to speed across the galaxy map..

so in a way their grasp is a limited one... I really do hope CBS get another MMO trek based game in the works were they control the entire development, from the start to finish.. then we will have a truely trek game that not even PW could touch. cbs wud make a absolute killing... and bioware can develope it lol they are pretty darn hot on things.