Lt. Commander
# 101
11-02-2011, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
When extending shields does the extende have weaker shielder for the duration of the ability?
no (10 chars)
Lt. Commander
# 102
11-02-2011, 07:52 AM
Whatever happend in the past, if you want to hold a tournament in the future you need:

1] Rules.

2] Referees in game to enforce them.
Lt. Commander
# 103
11-02-2011, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Whatever happend in the past, if you want to hold a tournament in the future you need:

1] Rules.

2] Referees in game to enforce them.
i guess we are lightyears away from a new/or relaunched tournament. the discussion reached the core of pvp itself in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 104
11-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:
When extending shields does the extende have weaker shielder for the duration of the ability?
The entire BFAW nightmare? Is a direct result of them not wanting powers that come with drawbacks, like losing DPS against your primary target when you use that power.

I'd say they still need to remove the -50 drain of weapon power of Beam Overload. But hey, they added friendly-fire for torpedoes.
Consistency isn't always their strength.

Extend Shields uptime is _really_ good. Probably simply too good. Should be no big deal to reduce its duration further. Heck, it wouldn't even affect (Solo) PvE if they did. :p
Lt. Commander
# 105
11-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Extend Shields uptime is _really_ good. Probably simply too good. Should be no big deal to reduce its duration further. Heck, it wouldn't even affect (Solo) PvE if they did. :p
Yeah, my extend on my shuttles wouldn't be totally fail then. :p

But yeah, it's not just the uptime but the return on it plus the damage mitigation.
Lt. Commander
# 106
11-02-2011, 08:41 AM
A great deal of the problems come from a complete lack of understanding as to how starships really engage in combat.

If I had my way I would strip 99% of the healing out of STO, including the daft hull regeneration. If you do not want to die, fly your ship properly and learn to maneuver properly. The healing in STO is absurd, and in addition all it does is delay the time of death. I see clowns in Ker'rat everyday, who have no weapons and just pace back and forth outside of the range of the borg, just waiting for... I have no idea, they will just sit there and do nothing, amazing. When attacked they will usually live for a bit, but will always fail to kill anything, since they are so loaded up with Heals and delaying tactics it is silly.
After they die you can be sure that you will see a little bubble pop up over their graves "It took you long enough" to which I laugh, since they are, in the end still dead.

Remove heals, add a respawn penalty (100k EC per press), increase weap recharge time at least 5 times (ideally 15) and you will see a much better game.

Yours in corrective Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 107
11-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Extend is the ONLY ability in the game whose duration is greater than it's CD. On top of that, it's uptime is 2x as long as it's downtime. Makesenserite?

But if they nerf it, how am I to protect my Boarding Party shuttles on their way over to NPC frigates?
Lt. Commander
# 108
11-02-2011, 08:55 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 109
11-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
Are you kidding. THIS is probably what they do in their free time. Why fix broken mechanics in the game when they can read our threads and laugh at us tearing each other apart.
Well, truth to be told, I feel like half of our "arguments" purely stem from the fact that we actively DO try to tear each other apart ingame and everyone's hidden behind a shield of anonymity on the forums. Throw us all onto Vent or something, and we'll be a big, happy, highly dysfunctional family!

Wayyy back when, I feel like it was almost a year ago(?), a bunch of fleet leaders and OPvP members met up on La Familia's Vent channel to discuss the state of PvP and the whole cloaked tractor mine fiasco (I think that's what we talked about, at least...) and a bunch of people said, "Oh, I know I may trash talk or whatever, but I don't actually mean it. I love playing with you guys!"
Lt. Commander
# 110
11-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidemand82 View Post
Damn Mr. Cutter you dont like Batman and Robin, plz say you still like Mr. Tide
Bad Tide, he only loves me and kharn, thats why he tries to get a reaction from us by typing qewqew. I think its awesome though.
Closed Thread