Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
11-01-2011, 12:20 PM
I will continue to fight honorably, without any cheese. However, I will most likely un-sub temporarily shortly after F2P hits or when the new year begins, whichever comes first. My tolerance for others' dishonorable, annoying tactics is nearing its limit. It obviously has reached the limit for others already, as reflected by the ongoing exodus (including most of my fleetmates' relative absence from the playing field). I didn't start playing this game until ten months ago, though, so I'm behind the curve.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
11-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
You should tell the whole story. A member of that certain fleet declared that everyone was free to run whatever they liked - and what happened was: that certain fleet decided to play entirely scramble-free whenever possible.
Your night shift aside I assume?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
11-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidemand82 View Post
Hi PvP Community I have something I would like to share.

I was one of the biggest speakers for following the rules known as the OPvP Tournament rules. I believed that Kharn and Zorena did a good job making that Tournament and setting up some balanced rules. It was my wish that all people that considered themselves a part of the PvP Community would follow these rules, not only in Tournament matches but at anytime while PvPing.

I tried to speak in favor of that for a long time, but as Spock said when he tried to save Romulus "I failed, and the OPvP Tournament failed aswellĒ. One of the most disappointing moments in STO was when the prime Fed fleet that was part of creating those rules abandoned them and decided to run whatever they like. Instead of using these overpowered abilities and making public queues a borefest, they should have been a role model for the PvP community, promoting fair play and competition without abilities such as Torp Spread. However, that was their choice and there is no changing it now.

It is now clear to me that we canít have a common ruleset because all the different PvP fleets that are left have their own agenda. Maybe it is understandable when everyone else is doing it. There are so many things in STO that I consider semi or fully broken, and by the looks of what is to come, it will only get worse.

What will the future bring? Well I will be around doing pew with my new Panda friends. The rest of Qew mostly donít play anymore because of the horrible balance, broken skills and the fact that there is nothing more for us to accomplish. We have never cheated or used exploits and we will continue to play with that integrity in any future games we are going to play.

Lately I have raged a lot at fleets and friends in OPvP channel when they did not follow OPvP rules, but I see now that it was my mistake. I should have realized that what is left of this community canít handle playing under a competitive ruleset. To quote one of the Kerrat legends Minimax: "Nothing is op. There is No OPVP Ruleset".

However, I donít want to see any one complaining about overpowered or broken abilities, as there was a ruleset in place that prohibited the use of them. The majority of the community chose to ignore these rules and it was these choices that have lead to the current state of the PvP Queues. The players are the ones responsible for what we see in the PvP Queues every day. Cryptic is not forcing us to use these abilities.

Anyways, when you canít agree on any common ruleset, then there shouldnít be a ruleset. That is why I must declare: NO HOLDS BARRED. Use whatever you want, just remember there are consequences for the future state of the game in doing so.

Thanks for your time,

Tide


ah so zorena, who on his own time created a ruleset for a specific event and this is suddenly represnting the fleet in all things?.... the irony...

TSI is free to use whatever they want. and guess what, we do use whatever we want and it all happens to be skills that arent broken. no one uses. we have one member that activly uses ss2 and mines. but i guess this is internet maths so 1=all.


please dont soil the TSI name with false information. we honor all requests for prearranged games. you dont want us using something, then challenge us with what you dont want us using and we'll go from there.

Maybe us being the leaders didnt work because i didnt make a thread and boldly announce that we were at all times following that tournys rules?

unlike when i announced that TSI was going to use what we wanted to use (and the majority of dont want to use some skills), and yet none of our build changed before or after, well i take that back, i did drop my ss1 for an extra transfer shields.... my bad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
11-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamapp
Come on Tide,

You blame TSI that opvp rule set fell apart? It was never meant to be some rule set that everyone is to follow. It was for a competitive pvp tounry. It worked well for that, policing the queues will never work. With any rules.

But you also know that the majority of tsi doesn't use 'spam' anyways, and there's, last i checked, noone that i play with that even slot a scramble.

What's also ironic tide is that you can hang out with the pandas (who seem to be the fleet most people HATE going up against), but TSI saying, "No, we wont have any rules on what too use", That's horrible.? Even though, TSI's spam is VERY limited.
I dont blame TSI anymore I come to see that there is no way of policing the queues as you say. Opvp Rules fell apart because we could not agree on the ruleset. I was disappointed at Kais and Zorenas we bring what ever we want thread.

I dont consider SS spam or cheese Qew had 2 copies (not SS3) to prevent op team healing and dual tac team, and the fact that a ens. power could clear it can make that spam.

But what is Spam I could say that using phaser beam is spam since the proc is op or that having more than 1extend shield is spam too, this could go on we can never agree what is spam and not: All is spam and nothing is spam.

Oh did not know ppl feared the Pandas thats kinda nice

I been in matches with ppl you play with from TSI what used Torp Spread on me. not that I wanna say any names tho
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
11-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
I don't care if everyone and their mother starts spamming, I won't slot a Scramble, Torp Spread, AMS, or whatever else they come out with. I'll use my own (admittedly lacking) skills to do whatever I can, I don't need any of Cryptic's trash to do it.



RE are good people, you guys pull of your wins without any spam or OP broken stuff and I appreciate that
But you use FAW and you team use 3 CPB and Torp Spread. ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
11-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
Your night shift aside I assume?
Actually, I think even the night shift dropped the scramble (unless being attacked with scramble and then swapping it back in for the match) and switched to tricobalt mines only.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
11-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
ah so zorena, who on his own time created a ruleset for a specific event and this is suddenly represnting the fleet in all things?.... the irony...
You actually agreed to ask your fleet to follow these very rules on our TS?? Irony indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
TSI is free to use whatever they want. and guess what, we do use whatever we want and it all happens to be skills that arent broken. no one uses. we have one member that activly uses ss2 and mines. but i guess this is internet maths so 1=all.
Your night shift contains more than one player, but as usual, you don't see it, so it never happens.


Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
please dont soil the TSI name with false information.
Really? i think there was enough "soiling" of the TSI fleet to last some years in that last thread you created about TSI starting to use anything they wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
Maybe us being the leaders didnt work because i didnt make a thread and boldly announce that we were at all times following that tournys rules?
No but you did agree with us on our TS that you would at least try to get everyone to follow the rules, then a few weeks later, we got that god awful thread stating that TSI would now be using anything and everything.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
11-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Actually, I think even the night shift dropped the scramble (unless being attacked with scramble and then swapping it back in for the match) and switched to tricobalt mines only.
Eh several ppl in TSI use Torp Spread its not only the Nightshift
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
11-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Actually, I think even the night shift dropped the scramble (unless being attacked with scramble and then swapping it back in for the match) and switched to tricobalt mines only.
Maybe you haven't seen the night shift then? Either way, you guys are still running around with Torp Spread.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
11-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
ah so zorena, who on his own time created a ruleset for a specific event and this is suddenly represnting the fleet in all things?.... the irony...

TSI is free to use whatever they want. and guess what, we do use whatever we want and it all happens to be skills that arent broken. no one uses. we have one member that activly uses ss2 and mines. but i guess this is internet maths so 1=all.


please dont soil the TSI name with false information. we honor all requests for prearranged games. you dont want us using something, then challenge us with what you dont want us using and we'll go from there.
Maybe us being the leaders didnt work because i didnt make a thread and boldly announce that we were at all times following that tournys rules?

unlike when i announced that TSI was going to use what we wanted to use (and the majority of dont want to use some skills), and yet none of our build changed before or after, well i take that back, i did drop my ss1 for an extra transfer shields.... my bad.
I think a fleet should be judges for what they bring to the random Queues, not for what they may bring when they prearranged matches.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:00 PM.