Lt. Commander
The requirement for this mission is a critical success: trader; unscrupulous and success: trader

Putting in one of my male orion unscrupulous traders raised my critical success, but did not raise my success, even though the trader is part of both requirements.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffs View Post
The requirement for this mission is a critical success: trader; unscrupulous and success: trader

Putting in one of my male orion unscrupulous traders raised my critical success, but did not raise my success, even though the trader is part of both requirements.
There is a Trader skill as well as a Trader specialty. Not all Traders have that skill. Your issue may be that you need the skill and not the specialty and that Trader does not have the skill.

Lt. Commander
# 3
11-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
There is a Trader skill as well as a Trader specialty. Not all Traders have that skill. Your issue may be that you need the skill and not the specialty and that Trader does not have the skill.
In the next major build should be the change that changes the names for the traits "Trader" and "Diplomatic" to "Cunning" and "Tactful", among other things, make this kind of thing easier to mentally parse for players. The specializations for "Trader" and "Diplomat" will stay as they are.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
In the next major build should be the change that changes the names for the traits "Trader" and "Diplomatic" to "Cunning" and "Tactful", among other things, make this kind of thing easier to mentally parse for players. The specializations for "Trader" and "Diplomat" will stay as they are.
Good to know. Thanks, Heretic.

Lt. Commander
# 5
11-04-2011, 12:49 AM
I've got to admit I'm finding the mission requirements for DOFFs very confusing. The changes to the percentages seldom correlate in any way I understand.

For instance, choosing a normal officer with 2 matching traits often is much worse a result than picking a green quality officer with not matching traits.

Also, I've noted sometimes that choosing "critical success" traits results in little to no improvement in the critical success percentage, but it can sometimes increase the failure percentages.

Confused.