Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Then why do only the dailies give dillithium? If all you can refine is 8k a day, why not let people earn that 8k however they want?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
11-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Agreed. If they want to have the new events give extra then thats fine, but for people who dont want to do those events or just arent playing at those times they should be able to earn dillithium ore however they want. Its in Cryptic's own best interest to let people play the way they enjoy the most rather than trying to force them into the same rut every single day.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
11-02-2011, 02:40 AM
100%
/signed


i don't mind grinding

but how about adding some fresh missions every month or two?

those Breen and Devidian dailies are SO DONE TO DEATH!


step 1: remove the daily timer and make them "sorties" that only have a 30 minute cooldown.

step 2: add dilithium to EVERYTHING... if it's a time base currency we should get it for everything when we spend TIME in the game.

What does Cryptic care if i play PvP OR Fleetactions OR STF's OR those god awfull dailies?... OR foundry?... OR Exploration all day long... or Red Alerts...



right now dilithium is only restricting gameplay,
if you want to improve this game at least give us the freedom to play this game how WE want!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
11-02-2011, 02:56 AM
Some comment from d'Angelo I believe seemed to indicate the refinement cap was intended as a stop gap in case they gave out more Dilithium than they wanted. I don't know how they believed that could happen - maybe with the DOFF system? But even that one has clear limits, since everythnig you do in it is strictly time-based.

I think the Dailies as they are bad. Personally, when I play, I normally want to PvP all day. Or maybe, on some days, do the Foundry. I don't want to do something else. Why can I not do this?

"Daily" events don't make Dilithium a time-based currency. What they would need for that is something that counts how much time you spend on an activity.

This also removes the exploit potential of finding ways to complete a "Daily" particularly fast, a problem particularly for the Foundry.

For PvP specifically, we need another constraint - adding a stronger "success"-based component. No one is harmed if people enter a Foundry Map to wait 1 hour to click the "Finish" button, but if people just sit AFK in PvP maps all day, this would ruin PvP experience a lot. They can keep a 3/Matches per Day reward, but a repeatable mission that requires a win and a certain amount of time spend in matches would minimize the effect of the "AFK Dilithium Miner" - the right mix of drawing people into PvP in the first place, and to motivate them to also really fight for victory.

I could live with something like this:
  • (Long) Dailies: 1,440 Diltihium
  • "Hourlies": 300 Dilithium

So it may still be a little more effective to do different things - but you also get a benefit if you keep playing your favorite part of the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
11-02-2011, 03:04 AM
As always agreed. A refinement cap will regulate how much dilithium makes it into the economy, so limiting the number of sources would be redundant.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
11-02-2011, 03:47 AM
Agreed, it's not a time based currency if it doesn't reflect the time you spend playing the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
11-02-2011, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philoso_Raptor
Then why do only the dailies give dillithium? If all you can refine is 8k a day, why not let people earn that 8k however they want?
Yeah, I agree too.
I though the whole point of the refinement was to be able to limit the dillithium without limiting the gameplay... so I dont get it either....

Garantet, some missions, like that 1-emblem-mission with the deferi captives should remain limitet, but, for example, exploration should give out its dillithium on an unlimitet base.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
11-02-2011, 04:16 AM
I am a self-described casual gamer.

I like storyline more than anything else.

According to the EEPH, so long as I am willing to "settle" (my words, not his) for average gear, I should not need Dilithium.

Here's the problem(s).

1. Even as a casual gamer, even as someone who only PvPs maybe once or twice a week, even as someone who has little to no interest in doing the STFs or the Fleet Actions.. I don't want to settle for common odd-mark gear. I don't know anybody who is. At the point where you don't care about the gear you've got, you must pretty much not care if you play. The assumption that people will just "settle" for odd-mark common gear is a flawed one, and quite frankly, it's a bit insulting to make virtually everyone who plays have to grind for anything but the absolute bottom-of-the-barrel gear.

2. I should be the one deciding what I do while I'm in-game, not the Economy, forcing me into grinding Exploration, Dailies, or PvP in order to get the gear I want so I can run the storyline missions I actually want to do is ridiculous.

3. Right now on Tribble (I've gone back since the Devs have started communicating again), I have my first Klingon to Com.9. I hate Photon Torpedoes. I cannot express how much I loath those slow-moving, barely-damaging red blips. The language that comes to mind is not allowed in polite company or on these forums. I can't think of a single time I've ever willingly used Photon Torpedoes or Mines. Right now, as it is on Tribble, as a Klingon, you cannot get Quantum Torpedoes through any means (excepting the Exchange, which is nearly useless due to them being gated on both sides and in high demand) unless you grind Dilithium. I'm not even talking about Uncommon or even-mark Quantums. I can't even get Common Mk V Quantums.

It's a small thing, but for some reason, having played 99.99% of all my previous characters with non-Photon Torpedoes (generally either Quantum or Transphasic), it makes me grind my teeth every time an enemies shields drop and I desperately want to use a torpedo, but of course, I'm running a non-Torpedo build rather than use [REDACTED] Photons.

4. Considering the Refinement Cap as it stands now, I don't see why only certain missions grant Dilithium. If I prefer to repeat the same storyline mission over and over and over again, why should I be punished compared to the person who grinds PvP or Exploration? If it were up to me? Have every mission grant Dilithium, but make it even across the board.

Right now, getting 450+ Dilithium form individual Dailies, and 1400+ from "bookend" Dailies, I would just make it so that however many missions it takes for grinders to get their 8K, should be how many Storyline Missions are needed to get 8K Dilithium.

If the point is truly a time-gated currency, it should be time, not what kinds of missions you do, that decide if or how much Dilithium you get. A person who logs in and replays Storyline Missions for three hours should get just as much Dilithum than a person who logs in and grinds Dailies, Exploration, and PvP for three hours.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
11-02-2011, 04:20 AM
Signed, there should be more ways to earn Dilithium.

The daily refine cap is regulation enough.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
11-02-2011, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post

3. Right now on Tribble (I've gone back since the Devs have started communicating again), I have my first Klingon to Com.9. I hate Photon Torpedoes. I cannot express how much I loath those slow-moving, barely-damaging red blips. The language that comes to mind is not allowed in polite company or on these forums. I can't think of a single time I've ever willingly used Photon Torpedoes or Mines. Right now, as it is on Tribble, as a Klingon, you cannot get Quantum Torpedoes through any means (excepting the Exchange, which is nearly useless due to them being gated on both sides and in high demand) unless you grind Dilithium. I'm not even talking about Uncommon or even-mark Quantums. I can't even get Common Mk V Quantums.

It's a small thing, but for some reason, having played 99.99% of all my previous characters with non-Photon Torpedoes (generally either Quantum or Transphasic), it makes me grind my teeth every time an enemies shields drop and I desperately want to use a torpedo, but of course, I'm running a non-Torpedo build rather than use [REDACTED] Photons.
Even a casual gamer may have a sense of "canon" Trek - and if he ever flies the Defiant, I am sure some of them will want Quad Cannons, Quantum Torpedoes and a Beam Array to make it feel authentic.

Quote:

4. Considering the Refinement Cap as it stands now, I don't see why only certain missions grant Dilithium. If I prefer to repeat the same storyline mission over and over and over again, why should I be punished compared to the person who grinds PvP or Exploration? If it were up to me? Have every mission grant Dilithium, but make it even across the board.

Right now, getting 450+ Dilithium form individual Dailies, and 1400+ from "bookend" Dailies, I would just make it so that however many missions it takes for grinders to get their 8K, should be how many Storyline Missions are needed to get 8K Dilithium.

If the point is truly a time-gated currency, it should be time, not what kinds of missions you do, that decide if or how much Dilithium you get. A person who logs in and replays Storyline Missions for three hours should get just as much Dilithum than a person who logs in and grinds Dailies, Exploration, and PvP for three hours
Absolutely. There is no reason episodes don't reward Dilithium. (I don't think it has to be exactly as "efficient" as the other Dailies, but it should drop something noteworthy in Dilithium.)

Both Energy Credits and Dilithium are actually hard to earn if you play "casually". You have to go through a vendor to get any EC (or know that your replicator also gives a little). The DOFF system improes the situation somewhat.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:19 AM.