Lt. Commander
# 101
11-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by throcky View Post
i think this will be mainly used by lifers who will have everything bought in the c-store and have no use for there c-points they will sell them on this exchange.
Whoa... hang on. Are you nuts? Lifer here. And I don't have even a quarter of the items in the C-Store unlocked. And at a rate of 400 points per month I will likely *never* have all of them unlocked. I'm more likely to be selling my dilithium than my CP.
Lt. Commander
# 102
11-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Flaw number 1:

When I withdrew an offer to sell C-points, the 100 I listed for sale did not return to my C-store balance.

Hope I did something wrong, otherwise this is a serious bug.

Or, looking at the transaction log, withdrawing my offer resulted in it going thru for the price I requested...?

Borked.
seemed to work fine for me

i tried to sell 10 points. cancelled the offer and withdrew them back just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 103
11-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo

i tried to sell 10 points. cancelled the offer and withdrew them back just fine.
yeah, not sure what happened. Luckily it was 100 points that I didn't have a need for.

Or..I could just try to buy them back at a lower cost.

Nah.

I get why they put this in the game, but it just seems that the more stuff (non pew-pew stuff) they add in, the less fun the game is becoming.
Lt. Commander
# 104
11-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maquis View Post
Using this model what would the 400 cp stipened be if it were translated through the dilitium exchange?
I love how everyone, including the STOked guys are jumping on this bandwagon. Our stipend points are going to be something completely different called "Promotional Points" as said by DStahl. Now I have yet to see any dev post negating this or even going so far as saying these "Promotional Points" are capable of being sold on this dilithium exchange.

You guys are assuming and I am sure cruising for a big let down when they say we cannot "trade" those. Why would they, it completely bypasses the intended mechanic of this exchange, to get people to buy c-points.
Lt. Commander
# 105
11-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
I love how everyone, including the STOked guys are jumping on this bandwagon. Our stipend points are going to be something completely different called "Promotional Points" as said by DStahl. Now I have yet to see any dev post negating this or even going so far as saying these "Promotional Points" are capable of being sold on this dilithium exchange.

You guys are assuming and I am sure cruising for a big let down when they say we cannot "trade" those. Why would they, it completely bypasses the intended mechanic of this exchange, to get people to buy c-points.
im thought the devs already said the promotional points where ok to be traded? the stoked guys said it while they were sitting next to one of the devs.

confirmation would be nice but i think they will.
Lt. Commander
# 106
11-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo

ah, ok..figured it out.

Someone accepted my offer to buy. I didn't hit cancel, I hot withdraw, which completes the transaction by emptying my exchange balance.

Durrrr. I need a helmet.
Lt. Commander
# 107
11-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk

Oh, THAT will be worth loading the photon torches and pitchforks for!

This being said, and I realize CO is not going to be at all the same, but don't golds in CO get C-Points for their stipend?
Lt. Commander
# 108
11-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Is this just for Dilithium bought via the Exchange, or does it allow Dilithium to be shared between characters regardless? ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJabroni View Post
So will this essentially allow for some wonky method of transferring dilithium between one's own characters? Is that intended? Does it even matter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
We are currently evaluating a change where orders could only be cancelled by the character that created them, and the escrowed Dilithium from a cancelled order would be deposited directly back into that character's personal balance rather than the account wide exchange balance.
I thought Cryptic would encourage people to have multiple characters. Why is Cryptic against Gold members transfering Dilithium between characters on the same account? If Dilithium == Time, then there is only one me and I am spending my time in the game. It shouldn't matter if I want to allocate that Time to earn Dilithium with Character A or Character B.

On Holodeck if I earn Badges or Emblems with A I can buy that gear and mail it to B. While not a direct Currency transfer, it's an effective one. Dilithium gear is BoP, so I can't do that.

I disagree with, but at least can understand, the reasoning behind BoP Dil gear, so you can't give away or sell "Time" directly to another player (No, that requires CP, which means Cryptic gets $$$). Perhaps Cryptic can make Bind-to-Account-on-Pick-up, and/or allow for some sort of Account Shared Bank that transfers gear and/or Dilithium (as CO's Shared Bank allows currency exchange between characters).
Lt. Commander
# 109
11-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
We are currently evaluating a change where orders could only be cancelled by the character that created them, and the escrowed Dilithium from a cancelled order would be deposited directly back into that character's personal balance rather than the account wide exchange balance.
if this is the case its not working I put a offer then took it down a bit later but never recieved my Dilithium back so now Im out 125k in dilithium
Lt. Commander
# 110
11-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBugHunter View Post
if this is the case its not working I put a offer then took it down a bit later but never recieved my Dilithium back so now Im out 125k in dilithium
did you withdraw it, from the panel on the right hand side?

once you cancel or the bid goes through it goes into a virtual bank until you withdraw it on what ever character you choose.