Lt. Commander
# 41
11-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
We are currently evaluating a change where orders could only be cancelled by the character that created them, and the escrowed Dilithium from a cancelled order would be deposited directly back into that character's personal balance rather than the account wide exchange balance.
BOOOOO!
Another nail in the Fleet Crafter coffin....
With out the abiltiy to move Dilithium between characters, ie to a Fleet Crafter Character, then this further damages the Fleet Community.
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-02-2011, 02:43 PM
As much as I'm happy with most of the other Tribble changes so far, can anyone really see themselves using this mechanism?
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-02-2011, 02:44 PM
what time is it coming back up... I have doff's to attend to. ;-P
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Quote:
The window will display the current top 5 buy offer prices and top 5 sell offer prices, with quantity available at those prices, so you can always see where the market is currently priced.
What do you mean the "Top 5"?? The Top 5 cheapest? The Top 5 most expensive?
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
You have to look at the numbers on the given cap of 500 dilihtium per point which is 600,000 dilithium for say a 1200 c point T5 ship. Which if you break that down in the conversion of 480 dilithium per emblem a ship that on holodeck is 500 emblems with that 500 cap is 1,250 emblems so in some regards you could say the cap is too high being it would take you 3 times longer to obtain a ship without paying real money for it. I hope this broadens your horizons

Economics 101... Supply vs Demand.

F2P players will make up the bulk of "Dilithium earners", those F2Pers dont bring in C-points to this equation..

Over time dilithium will far exceed c-points.... just as "Free" players will far exceed cash buyers.
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraque
what time is it coming back up... I have doff's to attend to. ;-P
I don't have an exact ETA, but operations is doing some extra maintenance on the machines, so the downtime will be extended a bit from just a normal patch.
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Quote:
We will be adjusting the various limits based on our data analysis and player feedback after the exchange goes live on Tribble.
You are even saying it! Cryptic sets the value of value of dilithium. Players will have no control over the value of dilithium or the time they put in to grind it.

We can give you feedback. but if you find that too low or too high. you will set value of dilithium to what you want with price controls. You are basically setting a fixed price for dilithium to C-point and to real money.
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
We will be adjusting the various limits based on our data analysis and player feedback after the exchange goes live on Tribble.
Just so long as everyone understands how messy the Tribble data will be.

Personally, I have 400 C-Points from the free stuff we got, and I need a bunch of Dilithium for a ship, so....

(BTW, I hope you guys are reading the economy feedback forum... http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=239156 )
Lt. Commander
# 49
11-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
What do you mean the "Top 5"?? The Top 5 cheapest? The Top 5 most expensive?
It means the five highest priced buy offers and the five lowest priced sell offers.
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadda
Putting any artificial cap on Dilthium per C-point effectivly spells DOOM for this economy..

The cash buyer needs to decide the price paid in real $$ terms.

I can see 5000-10000 dilithium per C-point being closer to the mark... but there shouldnt be any upper limit artifically imposed on price per point
seems to me that the only reason people would want a price cap removed would be to sell their dilithium at a price that would effectively be termed "way overpriced" and as such their dilithium/c-points would prob not sell at all, remember that the people buying the dilithium/c-points will look for the lowest prices, if everyone sold their c-points/dilithium for too much, no one would buy it and there would be no point in having the exchange at all, the cap is a good idea as it keeps the prices reasonable and will promote more people to use the exchange.