Lt. Commander
# 11
11-02-2011, 01:54 PM
i'd be interested what is a good price for both parties involved?

lets say i want one of these 1600 C-Point ships, how much dilithium would that require for me to grind?

min/max would be 80k / 800k so the minimum would be 10 full days of hitting the 8000 cap, the max would be 100 days of hitting the 8000 cap.

lets say i am willing to grind 30 days for that ship, that would be 240k dilitihum = 150 dil / cp

hmm... make the high cap 300 instead of 500 and we can talk
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
i'd be interested what is a good price for both parties involved?
Based on minimum wage?
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-02-2011, 02:09 PM
The more and more I think about the possible exchange rates of Dilithium to C-Point the more I think it would just be easier to buy the Cryptic Points myself and cut out the middle man which is most likely what Cryptic is hoping for.

Iím thinking that the only real way to benefit with the Dilithium to C-Point exchange is to look for the smallest amount of C-Points being offered for a reasonable price and go after those to build up your C-Points slowly over time.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post

Iím thinking that the only real way to benefit with the Dilithium to C-Point exchange is to look for the smallest amount of C-Points being offered for a reasonable price and go after those to build up your C-Points slowly over time.
i think this is where it what it will come down to.

lots of people buy stuff and have odd quantities left over, especially after sales and things.

got 32 points left over that you cant spend on anything? that could net you anything from 1600 to 16000 dilithium which might seem like a good deal for points you dont intend to use.

for the dilithium seller, do that every couple of days for a month and it will all start to add up.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
for the dilithium seller, do that every couple of days for a month and it will all start to add up.
And we all know there will be players who want to eliminate grind by any means who will plonk down a one-time large amount of cash to get all the C-Store +1s, then they will sell off the rest of those points to net dilithium for gear.

I suppose if you're dedicated you can choose to grind and refine your way to anything, but with that refinement cap it looks like a tough road in terms of the time needed.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
So roughly 1.44 * the crafted value.

So 1.44 * $3.20 = $4.6
And 1.44 * $32 = $46

So literally two weapons in worst case market conditions cost about $92
3 or more puts you over $100 easily.
Even just one weapon for about $4 makes me go

Good lord....

And no, you yourself aren't paying that money to Cryptic... but someone is.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Not sure O like the look of it......... anyway blog 16 is up http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2671
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-02-2011, 03:49 PM
We should all just sell what we have left at the moment, of our Tribble Stipends, at the lowest price for the next two weeks...

And not buy any C-Points from Them...

One way to show Our Displeasure with this whole mess.

=================================================

IMO, this is just going tot turn into an Online Version of a Madoff-Fumble-Buck...

A Few People are gonna make a killin' and be really happy...

But most Folks are just gonna get ripped off...

They may not realize it at the time, but once it sinks in..., They'll be screamin' bloody murder in the forums.

The only Real Winner here is going to be the House (PWI / Cryptic).

The last thing I wanna see is this Trek Game become a C-Point Clearing House...

I'm not sure at the moment if I'm or ...

But I'm definitely Very Disappointed.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Even though they aren't setting an exact exchange rate I am glad they are putting a cap on it.
This. I think they should set the maximum cap quite a bit lower though, say 250 to 300 maximum.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Seems to me that grinding dilithium for CP is going to be the new standard. Should be interesting. It will take you forever to earn anything cause of the 8000 refinement cap/day but still interesting. I personally, no matter how badly I want it, will never give away CP for dilithium. But I am sure some will.