Lt. Commander
# 21
11-02-2011, 04:16 PM
I think this is uniquely interesting.

From my initial testing if your asking price in dilithium for your Cryptic points (to sell) is lower than the highest request rate in dilithium to buy Cryptic points (at that time) then you will automatically sell for that higher rate instead of waiting for someone to trade at your rate.

That means its more of an exchange than our regular exchange.

It really facilitates quick acquisition of whatever while also looking out for the best interest of the customer.

Interesting.

I expect the hard caps on amounts to go up and down like a rubber duck in a bath tub. (especially when it hits live)
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-02-2011, 04:23 PM
There is interesting thing about this that hasn't been mentioned. (so far as I've seen) Since Points are still account based you can have several alts doing the dailies and each getting dilithium, then use them to buy cp for the whole account, or turn around (and with some patience and luck) even make a net profit in dilithium on the alt that needs the gear/ship/whatever.

If its a good thing or not that the more serious players can do this to get gear faster or not I don't know, though the hardcore players usually need more anyway, since they tend to have more toons at higher levels.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-02-2011, 04:42 PM
imho there should not be any kind of cap on how much (or how little ) people can sell stuff for. I mean if its a player driven market then why are the devs trying to step in and limit it. what does it matter if some one sells there cp for 100 dil or 1000 dil? in an open market there are no minimums or maximums, let the players set the rates to what they feel is right.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwmathias View Post
imho there should not be any kind of cap on how much (or how little ) people can sell stuff for. I mean if its a player driven market then why are the devs trying to step in and limit it.
Cryptic is making sure they get there's... By regulating the "players" market, they control or influence transaction to their liking (Which they can adjust at any giving time.) Otherwise, we would figure out a way to bypass the C-Store altogetherů
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-02-2011, 05:27 PM
I dislike it, the Exchange is designed to keep C-Points more valuable than Dilithium. The table is tilted, the game is rigged.

If it's supposed to be market-driven, the market should determine the values and exchange rates.

if the market determines that Dilithium and C-points are even, 1:1, that should be possible, it isn't.

If the market determines that Dilithium is worth more than C-Points, that should be possible, it isn't.

They've designed an Exchange guaranteed to railroad people to paying real world money for C-Points to trade for Dilithium.

In my opinion, even if it is not mechanically the same, this is ethically equivalent to putting random grab bags of Dilithium on the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I have put in a requition for more C-Points, and I haven't gotten them yet. What gives?
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-02-2011, 05:59 PM
and they have railroaded it into paying very little dilithium for cpoints. as we all know if the market said 1 cpoint was worth 1000 dilithium then people would outfit there ships quickly and there whole slow us down plan would be out the window. plus it would mean that cpoints werent worth that much to begin with soooo what they are doing is setting a cap on the market making sure that you have to buy more cpoints to get more dilithium. will not suprise me when they lower the cap to 200 dil for 1 cpoint. making sure the players think they have a free economy while shoe horning them into buying more points in order to get there gear as quickly as possible..... classic. ahhhh 48 more days untill tor.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Has anyone even got C-Points with this system?
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManSmells
Has anyone even got C-Points with this system?
It's entirely player-driven. If nobody's put up any T-points for sale yet at or below the price in Dilithium that you were asking for, you won't get anything. You have to wait until someone puts T-points up for sale.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Oh, ok then.