Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
I have spent the last hour and a half trying to bring down that damn boss in the final room where the portal is. I have tried different kits and different bridge officers but no matter what he keeps wiping the whole team. This surely cannot be the way it was designed and I cannot advance to a different mission due to the archaic way you gated the missions. Please fix this or all of new F2P players will bail as they cannot advance and cannot progress any further than LC4.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-02-2011, 01:33 PM
this boss is not impossible to beat on your way down to the final level there are a few rooms that you go into that have a console that you interact with depending on your class in the room with the boss there are two more consoles that you interact with (one on each side of the room) if you interact with these before going after the boss it does help I have done this many time and was able to beat him in the F2P beta test, Yes I did die a few time but it is not impossible to beat.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Give your away team some hypos (using one stops the life drain where you can't do anything). Use mines, turrets, corners/line of sight to your advantage.

It's also easier with multiple players. Asking for help has never hurt anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBugHunter View Post
this boss is not impossible to beat on your way down to the final level there are a few rooms that you go into that have a console that you interact with depending on your class in the room with the boss there are two more consoles that you interact with (one on each side of the room) if you interact with these before going after the boss it does help I have done this many time and was able to beat him in the F2P beta test, Yes I did die a few time but it is not impossible to beat.
Done and Done
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Give your away team some hypos (using one stops the life drain where you can't do anything). Use mines, turrets, corners/line of sight to your advantage.

It's also easier with multiple players. Asking for help has never hurt anyone.
Ive tried with another person and we were still almost insta wiped. When tribble comes back up I will try again but it is really frustrating for me and I have done the episode quite a few times and have never had this trouble
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Have you tried having a sci with medical tricorder, a tac with plasma grenades, and two engs with phaser turrets?
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-02-2011, 07:44 PM
This isnt hard at all, as was said , sci with a bunch of heals , engineers with turrets and mortars, tacs with grenade spam..

Easiest is probably engineers with Quantum mortars but there are many ways to win.

Can do and have done this on all 3 difficulties (normal/elite etc) without too many problems even using a space specced toon.

Use corners, keep reviving any crew who go down, spam call for help if you go down...

1st priority is always getting up anyone who goes down
2nd is gettign out of the way if he focuses you
3rd is dmg...that bit pretty much takes care of itself if you do 1&2

Done this with any of the following setups and probably more...

3 tacs and a sci
4 engineers
4 scis
3 engineers + sci
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-02-2011, 09:22 PM
how about doing it at LC4? Nine times out of ten you will die before you can revive anyone
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntman21014 View Post
how about doing it at LC4? Nine times out of ten you will die before you can revive anyone
Actually fights are usually easier the lower level you are. Low level advanced = cakewalk. High level advanced = final bosses one shotting half of your team with some insane ability.

However I did the mission in question at level 15-16 and didn't really have that much trouble. I might be that I'm accustomed to playing on higher difficulty and you are just bad (I'm kidding. I don't really believe that ). A more likely explanation is that something broke again. If nothing else seems to work try asking a high level character (on TTS channel for example) for help since even if they match to your level they'll have twice as many abilities and a lot better gear.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-03-2011, 03:03 PM
i know i had problems with all the phantoms, but i die, and his life is still down a bit and i whittle him down til hes dead...but i have been playing on advanced.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-03-2011, 03:09 PM
I beat it at commander level, with SUB commander level gear on all BOs, by placing my team at the top of the ramp. Then I went down and aggro'ed the boss and drew up up to the ramp. From there I placed my BOs into fight mode and let them fight. As they died I resurrected them (I was a TAc officer...so no heals). BUT what I didnt do was fire at the boss. That way the aggro stayed off me and I could jsut keep resurrecting my BOs until they killed him.
Closed Thread