Lt. Commander
# 1 Path to F2P Dev Blog #16
11-02-2011, 03:01 PM
The Dilithium Exchange is now available for testing on Tribble! Stephen walks us through the ins and outs of this important piece of the new Economy on the Path to F2P.

Link to the Article
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-02-2011, 03:05 PM
So nothing about the discussion on Dilithium in crafting and the like that the community's been asking about? Interesting choice.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th
So nothing about the discussion on Dilithium in crafting and the like that the community's been asking about? Interesting choice.
this change is now live on tribble, the crafting one is not ready so this is kind of more important at this stage that he talks about this one.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th
The Path blogs arent responses to feedback, they are information about upcoming features. But they are working on some crafting changes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
BTW, since it was asked, yes we are still working on crafting. The current implementation is not final and we hope to improve it to your likely. I donít want to get into details because this is not the right place, and frankly we are not done. We will try to get you the information as soon as we have more detials.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...16#post3841116
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-02-2011, 03:11 PM
I think the exchange itself is fine, barring perhaps tweaking of the min/max values for fairness.

The problem is that the jacked C-Store prices, too-low stipend, and stifling Dilithium refinement cap (when compared to pricing on items and the likely exchange values) make the system as a whole rather messed up.

These issues need to be addressed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
I think the exchange itself is fine, barring perhaps tweaking of the min/max values for fairness.

The problem is that the jacked C-Store prices, too-low stipend, and stifling Dilithium refinement cap (when compared to pricing on items and the likely exchange values) make the system as a whole rather messed up.

These issues need to be addressed.
I still think that paying subs/lifers shouldn't have a refining cap at all. It isn't like gold farmers pay subs and if they do, they will be easily spotted and banned when they attempt to spam zone chat.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-02-2011, 03:17 PM
So basically this is just another way to try and get people to buy Cryptic Points? What happened to Dilithium amounts being based on time spent earning them? Not that I actually like the whole dilithium idea anyway...
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torterra View Post
So basically this is just another way to try and get people to buy Cryptic Points? What happened to Dilithium amounts being based on time spent earning them? Not that I actually like the whole dilithium idea anyway...
Cheer up. Now you can name your own price for not liking the whole dilithium idea.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torterra View Post
No, this is a way for people who don't want to spend real world currency on Cryptic points to buy things in the C-Store. Instead of having to come up with $15-25 to buy that ship you want, you can grind Dilithium and sell it for C-Store points. Meanwhile the people who don't have a problem parting with cash, but who don't have time to, or hate grinding can effectively buy Dilithium to use it to get the things they want in game that require it.

Other than, again, fine tuning exchange rate caps, etc. I don't see a problem with it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
I still think that paying subs/lifers shouldn't have a refining cap at all. It isn't like gold farmers pay subs and if they do, they will be easily spotted and banned when they attempt to spam zone chat.
The reason Cryptic can't and won't do that is that it would affect the Dilithium to C-Point exchange in unpredictable ways.