Lt. Commander
# 11
11-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Are we getting another stiped or am I expected to shell out money to test this new "feature"? If it is the later, count me out of testing it and it is back to the doff system for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torterra View Post
So basically this is just another way to try and get people to buy Cryptic Points? What happened to Dilithium amounts being based on time spent earning them? Not that I actually like the whole dilithium idea anyway...
Time spent...deepest pockets....tuh-mey-toh....toe-mah-toh....(doesn't come off as well here ).
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-02-2011, 03:30 PM
i used some spare points and some spare dilithium and i like the set up.

remains to be seen if it will work long term but im quite pleased with it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Now that we can have STO only points and CO only points we need a way of determining how many actual cryptic points we have in game and how many are specific to one game. I would also like to know if the 1st points put on the auction and used in the C store are the game specific points.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Will there be any way to access DilEx data from outside the game? Either by a fully fledged API or a daily export of high-low data in a slurpable format?

Failing that, can we receive in-game mail whenever an order is fulfilled?
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMiracle View Post
No, this is a way for people who don't want to spend real world currency on Cryptic points to buy things in the C-Store. Instead of having to come up with $15-25 to buy that ship you want, you can grind Dilithium and sell it for C-Store points. Meanwhile the people who don't have a problem parting with cash, but who don't have time to, or hate grinding can effectively buy Dilithium to use it to get the things they want in game that require it.

Other than, again, fine tuning exchange rate caps, etc. I don't see a problem with it.
I was pretty skeptical about the dilithium exchange concept at first, but I'm warming up to it. I'm glad they've set a cap to prevent costs from rising into infinity.

The rates may need some additional fine tuning (and I'm sure they will again once it hits Holodeck), but this doesn't look too bad. I've been pretty anti-Cryptic lately, but if this is handled appropriately I could swing a bit back the other direction. Thus far, I don't see anything here that jumps out at me screaming HAHA YOU'RE BEING SCREWED in this blog post.

I would even be willing to forego the VA token if this works well, the stipend is increased to 500 or 600 CP,and the refinement cap is significantly increased or removed for Golds.

Cryptic, I'm willing to meet you halfway! Are you willing to do the same??
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
Are we getting another stiped or am I expected to shell out money to test this new "feature"? If it is the later, count me out of testing it and it is back to the doff system for me.

Time spent...deepest pockets....tuh-mey-toh....toe-mah-toh....(doesn't come off as well here ).
Get yer fingers out of my wallet!

Anyway, it might be worth asking for more test points to test this system out. I've already decided that I'll never use this feature so I won't be providing any useful testing info.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-02-2011, 03:47 PM
i think a third lot of test points might be a good idea, just to get as many people to try it out as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i think a third lot of test points might be a good idea, just to get as many people to try it out as possible.
Agreed. I haven't logged in to STO since the "not enough dilithium at rank to buy your next ship" fiasco, but if I can get some test points, I seriously might be tempted to log in again and give this a shot.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-02-2011, 03:53 PM
With each passing day it seems that instead of spending $15 a month on a sub, I might as well spend $15 a month on crpytic points, to which I can seemingly get between 60,000 to 600,000 dilithium a month from the exchange.

Fine with me, I can then play this game without noticing any change at all... but what ramifications will this have on the economy...
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsabonayev
With each passing day it seems that instead of spending $15 a month on a sub, I might as well spend $15 a month on crpytic points, to which I can seemingly get between 60,000 to 600,000 dilithium a month from the exchange.

Fine with me, I can then play this game without noticing any change at all... but what ramifications will this have on the economy...
He who has the deepest pockets wins!