Lt. Commander
# 1 Path to F2P Dev blog 16
11-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Its up http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2671 just for those that might not have noticed.
What do you think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-02-2011, 03:51 PM
ive been looking forward to this for a while, and i like the look of it.

i know its not everybody's cup of tea but i think this will benefit me once it goes live. i play the game a lot and have many characters so earning dilithium is now hopefully going to be very worthwhile to me.

so at the moment im very pleased with it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Now things get interesting.

I am a fan of how you can buy units at a price, rather than blocks at a price.

This is really the most interesting portion imo,
Quote:
The exchange has limits on how much Dilithium you can enter as the price per Cryptic Point. The initial limits are between 50 and 500 Dilithium per Cryptic Point when posting a sell or buy offer. These limits are in place to avoid unexpected swings in the economy. We plan to adjust this range over time as we learn what range works well with the community as a fair rate of exchange
Much will revolve around balancing those caps, but as acknowledged by the EP, tribble is a very small community and even at launch I reckon whatever those caps will be set at, they will continue to be adjusted far into live.

Lt. Commander
# 4
11-02-2011, 03:57 PM
An interesting question. If you must claim your winnings after a transaction is complete. Does that some time expire? As in, you have not claimed your dilitium or cp points in 14 days, sorry they are gone now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-02-2011, 04:00 PM
"An expired offer behaves exactly like a canceled offer, by refunding currency to your exchange balance, where you can claim it"

no you wont lose it
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Now things get interesting.
...or not.

IMO This whole thing is just another version of a Madoff Ponzi Scheme...

The only people who are going to make out with this mess, is PWI & Cryptic.

There may be a few players who strike it rich..., but most folks are just going to get ripped-off.

Can't wait to see the Threads when this thing hits live... talk about rage...

I certainly don't want to see this Trek Game become a C-Point Clearing House.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
"An expired offer behaves exactly like a canceled offer, by refunding currency to your exchange balance, where you can claim it"

no you wont lose it
You misunderstand, how long do you have to claim it before it goes bye bye. A week, month, year?
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
...or not.
Well, at least now, people who agree or disagree or who have remained ambivalent throughout, will now have the missing jigsaw piece in place to legitimately parade their points of view from.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Going to test this on Tribble. This is definitely one of the F2P Features I'm looking most forward to. Finally we will have a means to acquire C-Store items through in-game means. Something people have wanted since release.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
...or not.

IMO This whole thing is just another version of a Madoff Ponzi Scheme...

The only people who are going to make out with this mess, is PWI/Cryptic.

There may be a few players who strike it rich..., but most folks are just going to get ripped-off.

Can't wait to see the Threads when this thing hits live... talk about rage...

I certainly don't want to see this Trek Game become a C-Point Clearing House.
i dont see how anybody gets ripped off. you see the points/dilithium. you see what they cost and you press buy on the amount you want.

all the numbers are clearly displayed and you get exactly what you think you are getting, so no one has to buy or do anything they dont want or they can wait until prices come down. people can of course make foolish purchases, or rash purchases but i would say that the player who has to be responsible for their own decisions there, as with the c-store in general.

people that spend their entire life playing this game earning bucket loads of dilithium will win massively from free points. i know that because of this system i will ultimately spend less money than i would without it. thats sounds like im winning. im not striking it rich because these points are bound to sto, im still going to be buying points but ill be spending less and cryptic is getting less money out of me. perhaps the are making more money out of somebody else to compensate but again everybody is accountable for their own actions and what others do with their money is their business.
Closed Thread