Lt. Commander
# 1 Poop Profanity?
11-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Why is Poop filtered out by the profanity filter? I wanted to use it in my title for a foundry mission. This is silliness.

So I had to use dookie, because apparently poop is far to profane for Trek fans.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frojoe2004 View Post
Why is Poop filtered out by the profanity filter? I wanted to use it in my title for a foundry mission. This is silliness.

So I had to use dookie, because apparently poop is far to profane for Trek fans.
Something I discovered purely by chance:

Enterprise J, in certain contexts, is also censored.

I tried typing "The Enterprise J is hideous" in to Zone chat at ESD, and "J" "is" was turned in to exclamations and hashes.

The beautiful poetry of that ship being censored might have made me laugh, if the reality wasn't so absurd.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frojoe2004 View Post

and you can not come up with any other name than that?

yep definately wont bother with that one...
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Star Trek purists don't like poop. It's not canon. I mean honestly, how many times did we see officers using the restroom?
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-02-2011, 05:23 PM
True, i dont think they had toilets at all, they must had some waste transporting device or something.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-02-2011, 05:25 PM
One of a ship's Transporter Chief's less glamorous jobs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.DimElias
True, i dont think they had toilets at all, they must had some waste transporting device or something.
Nah,they hold it in between Starbase visits......why do you think the crew of Voyager wanted to get back home so badly?:p
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Star Trek purists don't like poop. It's not canon. I mean honestly, how many times did we see officers using the restroom?
According to the Model the Enterprise D had ONE toilet for the whole 1K+ Crew... That had to be one fought over Bathroom man...
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Nah,they hold it in between Starbase visits......why do you think the crew of Voyager wanted to get back home so badly?:p
Actually if remember we at least the baths and showers in Voyager
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
According to the Model the Enterprise D had ONE toilet for the whole 1K+ Crew... That had to be one fought over Bathroom man...
I believe the TOS manual showed multiple bathrooms, and we know from the episodes of TNG that at least the female officer quarters had restrooms since we saw them in more then a few episodes , the one where the old doctor that temporarily replaced crusher caught that aging disease for one. And several with Deanna come to mind as well.

As for the profanity filter its so childishly restrictive it makes me think the game was intended to be marketed in Iran >.<
Closed Thread