Lt. Commander
# 1 K-7 Overhaul
11-02-2011, 09:06 PM
With the restoration of the exterior of ESD, a revamp of the interior of DS9 and SFA maintaining a smiliar look dating back TNG I would like to request a revamp of K-7. Since this is a base from the TOS era and we have the TOS bundle, can you please make it feel like a TOS station? It may have even been fun to have made it like an old TOS station and have it replace Drozana.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-02-2011, 11:40 PM
I still think DS9 needs some finishing touches before K7 gets any...the reason being the upcoming FE series. But I would like to see K-7 get an overhaul, maybe in a couple months.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-03-2011, 01:09 PM
K-7 interior really needs an overhaul, it should look more like TOS (maybe? use some Drozana Station Art Assets from the time travel mission???).
http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/nzekau0o/k7bar.jpg
http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/0dbe6htq/k7office.jpg

the station needs to be extremely smaller
i should not be able to park my Spaceship in the SHUTTLE bay
http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/v7c53bk0/untitled21.jpg

and the green nebula without any stars around it has to be replaced by SPAAAAACE!

http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/190dwa79/k72.jpg
http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/91k3...ytruce_r08.jpg

...does this have any priority?

...only if you don't want to let the new F2P players see the ugly state that station is in...
heck even the blue Hologram that used to be near the Tailor ran away.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Scale is certainly wrong and needs to be closer to the original, as should the scale of the interior.
But the interior style should be neither TNG nor TOS, it should be a blend with the walls and floor looking like TOS and the computers and desks and other equipment looking modern.
Reason is that the station was heavily upgraded with various new systems (explained more in detail in the STO novel "The needs of the many").
They pretty much rebuilt the whole thing on the inside.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
K-7 interior really needs an overhaul, it should look more like TOS
+hatch full of tribbles
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Well I wouldn't mind K-7 getting a remodel job so it's more suited to being K-7. But I'm not sure making it a TOS interior since its been 150 years from when we saw K-7 in Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Well I wouldn't mind K-7 getting a remodel job so it's more suited to being K-7. But I'm not sure making it a TOS interior since its been 150 years from when we saw K-7 in Trek.
This.

Something that clearly looks like it has origins 150 in the past would be excellent... But we can seriously lose the TOS decor. I dont think any facility is left untouched for that long without at least a couple of renovations and a lick of paint!
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-08-2011, 03:56 AM
But TOS layouts should probably stay... I doubt it would ever be complteley gutted, leaving only the outer hull...
probably cheaper to just build a new station.

So, make everythign a bit smaller, try to match the layout of the K7 locations we know from TWT and T&T like the Administrator office, the bar, the cargohold, etc...
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
But TOS layouts should probably stay... I doubt it would ever be complteley gutted, leaving only the outer hull...
probably cheaper to just build a new station.

So, make everythign a bit smaller, try to match the layout of the K7 locations we know from TWT and T&T like the Administrator office, the bar, the cargohold, etc...
Tell that to the Constitution Class. Compare the TOS ship to the TMP, WoK, and post-WoK... the ship changed significantly from the series to the first movie, and again in subsequent movies. If they can do that to a starship in a year or two, they can do it to a space station in 150 years.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Nitpick here. I was under the impression that Spacestation K-7 was not a Starfleet facility when Kirk visited it back in ye ole 23rd century. The most advanced tech we ever saw then was two-person transporter in the office of the Federation Secretary in charge. I don't think that it's interiors were even as nice as Drozana of the past has in STO. Starfleet designating K7 a Starbase would have happened much later in the stations career. So what interior it has now suits it fine. Save working in the smaller door art and changing the Admiral's Office to read as Commander's Office.