Lt. Commander
It's all in the title.
Why?
Why?
Why?
There are plenty of broken things in the game.
This was not one of them.
So players who have spent nearly 2 years getting used to a specific button to do a specific job now need to relearn?

This change has been on tribble for a while and I still hadn't gotten used to it and kept hitting the wrong button - in the heat of battle this is BAD.

I literally BEGGARS BELIEF that you spend valuable develpoper time changing something like this.
The Emergengy Executive Producer Hologram, or whatever he is called, HAS TO GET A GRIP AND GET A GRIP NOW.

Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1701A View Post
It's all in the title.
Why?
Why?
Why?
There are plenty of broken things in the game.
This was not one of them.
So players who have spent nearly 2 years getting used to a specific button to do a specific job now need to relearn?

This change has been on tribble for a while and I still hadn't gotten used to it and kept hitting the wrong button - in the heat of battle this is BAD.

I literally BEGGARS BELIEF that you spend valuable develpoper time changing something like this.
The Emergengy Executive Producer Hologram, or whatever he is called, HAS TO GET A GRIP AND GET A GRIP NOW.

You are quite right. They need to prioritize.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-03-2011, 02:57 PM
This was more than a touch weird.

I could see, for example, coming up with new VFX that remove the visual on the ship hull and replace it with something more in-universe but changing the button?

Seems a waste of time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Adapt or die.

S*D
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-04-2011, 09:59 AM
im not a massive fan of the change. whats more confusing is it seems different levels have different icons.

engineering team 1 is not the same as 2

science team 1 is not the same as 3.

its is confusing to change it half way through and not even make it uniform. im sure we will all adapt to it but it seems somewhat pointless.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-04-2011, 10:48 AM
It's good that the new icons clearly display their type (i.e. team), but it takes a while to learn the new symbols...which aren't really all that logical. Why not a wrench for ET? or a beaker for ST?
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-04-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm guessing after F2P goes live we can get the old icons back for a small amount of Dilithium...

Seriously, fixing stuff that isn't broken but letting things languish that have needed attention for months is disheartening. It's just another example of the bizarre 'WTF?!' method of game design Cryptic practices. And here's the best part; the symbols in the skills trainer haven't been updated (at least not KDF-side).

Z
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-04-2011, 12:44 PM
The symbols don't make sense. To further add confusion, they are different on Fed vs KDF side. Really, what is the point????????
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Even better, if you use i.e. Eng Team on a teammate, the visual effect is now shown on your own ship.
Lt. Commander
# 10 The symbols are canon
11-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
I'm guessing after F2P goes live we can get the old icons back for a small amount of Dilithium...

Seriously, fixing stuff that isn't broken but letting things languish that have needed attention for months is disheartening. It's just another example of the bizarre 'WTF?!' method of game design Cryptic practices. And here's the best part; the symbols in the skills trainer haven't been updated (at least not KDF-side).

Z
The new symbols actually match the department symbols used since ST:TOS. For Engineering, Command and Science....I guess they now call command tactical... Take a close look at the TOS uniform chest insignia...The symbols are right there.