Lt. Commander
# 21
11-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Ahh, I didn't realize that fed is not like KDF:

Fed symbols are the TOS symbols for the branches, which is fine.

KDF are totally the unfamiliar ones.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-06-2011, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1701A View Post
It's all in the title.
Why?
Why?
Why?
There are plenty of broken things in the game.
This was not one of them.
So players who have spent nearly 2 years getting used to a specific button to do a specific job now need to relearn?

This change has been on tribble for a while and I still hadn't gotten used to it and kept hitting the wrong button - in the heat of battle this is BAD.

I literally BEGGARS BELIEF that you spend valuable develpoper time changing something like this.
The Emergengy Executive Producer Hologram, or whatever he is called, HAS TO GET A GRIP AND GET A GRIP NOW.

We updated all the department icons when we built the doff system so we updated the powers to match. That way the science department has the same icons everywhere in the game. the fed ones are based the TOS symbols. Klingon's didn't seem to have department icons, so we had to make some up.

Oh and the art not playing on your target when you use a team power is a bug. I didn't set the power up correctly when i changed it, however it is fixed and should go out to tribble in the next build.

Now back to making assimilated gorn.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-06-2011, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Avenger
Now back to making assimilated gorn.
*perks up*
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-06-2011, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBaldy
*perks up*
Makes me wonder if our poor Gorn are gonna be the ones invaded by the Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-06-2011, 06:59 AM
this is a waaaayy baby thread. the changes are cool and there are more important things going on.
waaaaay you changed my icons!!!!!! waaayyyyyyy waaaayyy. Give me a break. The nerd rage is over the top.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Really this is actually something we are have an issue with? Massive sweeping backend game play changes and you are upset cause they altered the appearance of 3 icons? Come on guys, they aren't even that different!
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin View Post
Really this is actually something we are have an issue with? Massive sweeping backend game play changes and you are upset cause they altered the appearance of 3 icons? Come on guys, they aren't even that different!
+1

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-06-2011, 09:13 AM
OK - I can get used to a changed icon after a time - the problem with this change is that *identical* skills have different icons on fed and klingon. So everytime I switch characters I have to remember that the icons are different. It was really an unneccessary change.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Personally I'm glad for the change and think the icons are great!

Speaking of icons, maybe one day the KDF will even get distinct individual silhouette icons for every KDF ship instead of using a generic raptor outline for ships like the K'tinga or the Vor'kang.

With that said... getting bugs fixed and new missions for both factions is a more important priority without a doubt! However as a KDF focused player we've been through an overall content drought since launch so I'm glad to see any efforts put out for my preferred faction even if it is only considered "fluff" by some. I'll take everything the KDF can get, we need it all IMO!

I really like the graphics in the KDF DOFF GUI as well. Anything that differentiates the KDF from the blue side I welcome, preserving and increasing faction distinction is a good thing to me.

New icons FTW! :p
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Avenger
We updated all the department icons when we built the doff system so we updated the powers to match. That way the science department has the same icons everywhere in the game. the fed ones are based the TOS symbols. Klingon's didn't seem to have department icons, so we had to make some up.
Should have updated ALL of the KDF icons. Now the UI looks sloppy because they don't match.