Lt. Commander
# 41
11-03-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm honestly surprised by all the outrage about this... is it really that shocking that a fan pointed out that CBS doesn't seem to enforce canon in STO, and that a Cryptic employee(s) are aware of that fact?
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
Hey guys look, I'm just a 3d artist who makes video games let's not read too much in to the deep psychoanalysis of me joking around on the internet with ya'll.

I love STO and I absolutely LOVE working at Cryptic and more than anything I love making ships.

I was jabbing at the fact that it IS in fact pretty common for a lot of STO players to point out Canonical inconsistencies in our game, and that CBS never does, but you'd think they would lol! It's ironic, that's all. It doesn't bother me any - as an artist I really enjoy the freedom CBS gives me.
I'm just glad you were joking and not some pre ragequit rant. We lost Dan, it would suck if u left too.
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
that's one of 4 versions . yes ! (I'm working on a unique version of that now)
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
Which is why when you work in a professional office you do two things:

1) Don't have a twitter account that clients can see.

2) If you do, for whatever reason, be very, very specific and articulate with your message.

This is *srs* bizness!
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
I'm honestly surprised by all the outrage about this... is it really that shocking that a fan pointed out that CBS doesn't seem to enforce canon in STO, and that a Cryptic employee(s) are aware of that fact?
Actually a few of us did pick up on that ... BUT I personally also see the beauty of venturing into the unknown a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Quote:
That's not how it was taken though. By some it was taken as dissatisfaction towards the game. Even I who originally took it as a joke did a double take and questioned the post after people came to me saying it might be some sort of rage post.
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-03-2011, 02:17 PM
On a related note, I have a physical picture behind me of the Merian class U.S.S. Planck.

Mmmm. Daddy wants to fly it bad!

http://drexfiles.files.wordpress.com...d_2012_r06.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
I'm just glad you were joking and not some pre ragequit rant. We lost Dan, it would suck if u left too.
lol yeah - I'm never leaving STO. I make space ships for a living - it's the best job I've ever had lol!

I'm not trying to disparage STO or CBS here - but I'm not gonna act like it's some big surprise to me that like 90% of our game deviates in some form from Canon - it would be very silly to attempt that argument.

Now about how unprofessional I am - yeah... I already know that. I don't get paid for my good manners on the internets though lol! I love u guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellestad View Post
On a related note, I have a physical picture behind me of the Merian class U.S.S. Planck.

Mmmm. Daddy wants to fly it bad!

http://drexfiles.files.wordpress.com...d_2012_r06.jpg
drooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Lt. Commander
# 49
11-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
lI love u guys.
we love you too.
we will love you more when we get to see that klingon flagship.
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Every show/movie that ST has ever made deviated from "canon", so why not a game based on it?
Closed Thread