Lt. Commander
# 31 Just so long as you're happy
11-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I'm very glad you've upped the Tribble Transfer Limit, now I can see just how much buying power I lose when you update them to the Dilithium Economy and use Conversion rates designed to screw me over.

I'm so excited to finally be able to test out the upper-level KDF-exclusive content that doesn't exist rather than the Faction-Neutral Content I've already done dozens and dozens of times.

I cannot express how happy I am that you're giving me a 'pebble' of refined Dilithum large enough to almost buy four Admiral/General level Ship Weapons from the Dilithium Vendor, knowing that hours and hours of my game time doing your QA work for you is worth so little to you truly warms my little heart.

I am nearly euphoric about the way it's apparently absolutely necessary for you to put a bullet in the brain-pan of Fleet Crafting, in spite of the dozens of recommendations in P2F2P DB #14, STO Discussion, General Content Feedback, Tribble Economy Feedback, and nearly every other feedback route that include links to the Dilithium Economy and paths to the C-Store preserving your oh-so-important monetizing of every possible activity in the game.
/sarcasm.

I do admit the dilithium reward was pretty underwhelming. One character gets a few weapons worth of dilithium for testing to the top level? Glad I didn't bother to do the KDF one then. Give that reward to every character and I'd be on board.

It does look like crafting will be stuck until after f2p launch so they did kill fleet crafting. They simply don't have time and resources to revamp it and they don't want to give up making you buy your items no matter what. Just craft everything you think you will need forever now. That's what I'm doing. I have 10 aegis sets saved up now.

The exchange rate is actually the thing that bothers me the most. It appears that all your badges, marks, and merits have zero value in the conversion, and only a partial value for emblems. To me that's just taking away things I earned and devaluing the nearly 2 years I spent earning them. I really thought we'd get something for those since we lose the ability to respec with merits and lose the battle group omega gear we were able to get with marks. This attempting to make rich people poor is the thing that really got my anger up. Guess I'll be buying up hundreds of consoles with the badges if they're worth nothing later.
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-03-2011, 08:05 PM
I tried to copy 2 Characters to tribble, but it would only let me copy one. Then claimed I didn't have enough character slots avaliable to copy over the 2nd. Yet when I checked, it shows I have 2 Character slots avaliable.
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-03-2011, 08:12 PM
I posted several bugs concerning the second mission you receive on the KDF side and I haven't seen any fixes pertaining to them as of yet. After I finish gearing up via the DOff system, I'll consider giving the mission another attempt and see if I can power my way through some of the issues or avoid them entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 34 Wow
11-03-2011, 08:23 PM
You are asking people to transfer more characters from Holodeck and do more testing on Tribble for you when you haven't fixed the broken weapons buttons after a week and a patch. Hilarious.

*There are also at least two threads about this in the bugs section.
Lt. Commander
# 35 Your Kidding Right?
11-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Let us see if we can help you..First already did the tribble grind to get my klink to level 51. Problem 1 no content, 8 content missions 15 epsiode missions. Of that, Second star to the right and straight on til morning - Mission bugs if allied NPC group destroys one of the task forces in dry dock. You have to then leave wait 15 minutes return and ensure you get all 3 task forces destroyed yourself and not by the allied NPCs.
Afterlife/Gates of Gre'thor- Upon completion of Afterlife mission will jump straight into the Gates of Gre'thor. If you continue though you will not receive credit for completing GoG. You need to jump out collect your reward for Afterlife then select GoG off the forced progression table and then proceed.
Featured Episodes- Night of the Comet, Bar fight bugs and you are unable to kill the NPC's (same problem that exists on the Federation side).
Defense of Empire: Welcoming the Federation -bugged and unable to complete, you destroy 25 ships and the mission will not complete.
Toon leveling, No Boff's are rewarded as the toon levels, this leaves you the option of: a. go with the 3 you receive leaving the warriors hall or b. spending dilithium to buy additional Boff's as you level.

Klingon Academy- Still no working map. If you log off in the Klingon Academy you are either on top of the academy or stuck in the walls forcing you to beam out when you log back on.

Ships- Was already level 51 when you released the ships and had no desire to spend stipend on lower level ship. Release the Hegh'ta retrofit or raptor retorfit be happy to test.

Bugs- Cryptic broke the cloak on the January 13, 2011 patch and still has not made the fix. Because it is an environment problem and not a ship or power problem, with each patch it makes the problem harder to correct. This fix requires the code to be stripped from all the patches and replaced with the correct coding. May be easier to fix on tribble because of less patches to the environment.

Hargh Peng Torpedo- unable to craft because of no update to KDF crafting. (sure this has to do with the firestorm over crafting and dilithium). With that said the Hargh Peng has no business being in crafting period. The torpedo binds on pick-up forcing any Klingon to max level a toon to aquire a Mk XI Hargh'Peng if they desire one. You need to place the Hargh'peng as a mission reward allowing the KDF to aquire the Hargh'Peng the same way as the Federation.

Doff System- Maruading v Diplomacy This has been discussed adnausium with Heretic but still is worth mentioning again. The only way to aquire Marauding cxp is through the Doff System. There are no missions (Pi Canis Sorties and Second Star to the Right would be good starts) Second the Tiers are completely out of whack. Yes, I do understand the grind for diplomacy back in July 2010 (did the grind myself on my fed toons),but marauding is scaled to the same level as all the other catagories. The problem arises in the fact you have to be tier 4 to enter Sirius Sector space to do the RA's. I have been playing the Doff system since the KDF side came up on tribble. Although i try and get every single Marauding mission I am not even halfway to Tier 3. If the RA's are going away soon after F2P launches the KDF faction will have no way of completing the accolades associated with th RA's in the Sirius Sector with the current tier progession (Upping the Diplomacy tier progression does not fix this problem, but lowering the marauding does).
I guess in conclusion, what do we have to test on the KDF faction? There is no new content, all the retrofit ships are not on tribble, you have not fixxed the existing bugs that have been around in some cases for over a year. If you take care of of the things listed above we may be able to give you better data. Otherwise, it is the same old grind with no incentive, other than preferring the KDF over the Federation
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Cryptic, you have got to be kidding me, 80,000! Is that it?

Wow, you really do know how to make a bad situation 100 times worse dont you

I have made a kdf toon, and no I wont be doing any testing with it seeing as my time is worth so very little to you
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Honestly, if not for the exchange rate of my PAID time playing being worth categorically LESS than a FREE players same amount of time played, I'd be totally fine with how the F2P stuff is going.

As it is I gained around 47 emblems which should have garnered over 21,000 Dilithium Ore. Instead I got around 8000 Ore and 1800 Refined. There's actually a diminishing return on what we send over. Unless you have thousands of badges/medals/merits/emblems you're not likely to break 400,000 Refined Dilithium.

If I'm PAYING TO PLAY the least you could do when going F2P is turn all my Dilithium into Refined, especially since you're doing diminishing returns at best or flat out skimming off the top at worst.

Here's a side by side comparison of my first tribble transfer and the most recent today a couple weeks after the first. Note I've gained several badges/medals and marks in addition to emblems and merits.

What's the formula for this?
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Quote:
I'm very glad you've upped the Tribble Transfer Limit, now I can see just how much buying power I lose when you update them to the Dilithium Economy and use Conversion rates designed to screw me over.

I'm so excited to finally be able to test out the upper-level KDF-exclusive content that doesn't exist rather than the Faction-Neutral Content I've already done dozens and dozens of times.

I cannot express how happy I am that you're giving me a 'pebble' of refined Dilithum large enough to almost buy four Admiral/General level Ship Weapons from the Dilithium Vendor, knowing that hours and hours of my game time doing your QA work for you is worth so little to you truly warms my little heart.

I am nearly euphoric about the way it's apparently absolutely necessary for you to put a bullet in the brain-pan of Fleet Crafting, in spite of the dozens of recommendations in P2F2P DB #14, STO Discussion, General Content Feedback, Tribble Economy Feedback, and nearly every other feedback route that include links to the Dilithium Economy and paths to the C-Store preserving your oh-so-important monetizing of every possible activity in the game.
Katic, you just got mega net win points from me with that post

That said, CANNOT transfer ANY additional characters to Tribble DESPITE Having two slots available, as someone else stated, error message states there are no slots left on the destination server.

Last thing, I am saddened that your definition of "a significant amount" of dilithium is only 80k, as stated above, that wouldn't even get you 4 Mk XI weapons for one ship.

As others have stated, there is NOTHING to test at endgame as a klingon that hasn't been tested/cannot be tested as a fed, as there is ZERO klingon exclusive endgame content, so why test something that's NOT THERE? (As for the klingon ship consoles, isn't that what redshirt is for????? )

You never fail to not disappoint me cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 39 Where's the beef?
11-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Let me get this straight...

We're paying you for the "priviledge" of testing your software. You promote some exciting sounding rewards, but then you get all skimpy and drop the Only claimable by one character on the account feature for some of them. >sigh<

I mean I kinda expected it... This is going to be the most expensive free game I've ever heard of. lol

You need end game KDF training? I'm sorry, but I've already leveled both a Fed and a KDF to L51, my Tribble Fed has T3 DOff. I qualify for your rewards. And what exact end game KDF am I testing? The same Featured Episodes or Borg missions I've already played a million times on Holodeck this last year? Or do you mean I could play the "new" STFs? No thanks. I'm already expected to grind those hundreds and hundreds of times when they go live on Holodeck to save up for the gear, I want to make sure it counts.

Ultimately, I'm just really burned out with STO. The way you guys are gating the game with Dilithium just makes it feel too controlled, and I'm just tired of feeling like I have to "fight for my rights". ...I haven't logged into Tribble in days, not really been on Holodeck either...

Where's the incentive? How about some fun/exciting new content? Some new story missions? We haven't seen any of that action since the Spring. The DOff System is amazing (And here's another opportunity to praise Heretic and his team), but if that's the icing on this F2P cake, then I don't want to get bored of it playing on Tribble...

Meh... I could go on... but why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
From F2P Blog #3:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
As a bonus, playing on Tribble can earn your character on Holodeck some free random Duty Officers, awarded within the three weeks after free-to-play goes live on Holodeck.
I was going to ask about this too, but I see my esteemed colleague already has.

Quote:
I'm very glad ...
I think Katic is vying to unlock that Tier 3 Sarcasm Achievement...
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-03-2011, 09:07 PM
uh D'angelo we have been for months and even in recent days have been giving feedback on the KDF where have you been? The fan boys with stoked and priority one were wrong you guys are not listening to feedback

Anyways here are the main concerns not listened too.

1. Promised ship line for months is you must pay to get where as it shouldn't be that way being we've paid subs for months most of us and nothing new on KDF side and now wanting us to pay more to get them.

2. The exploration system on KDF side is so jacked up no one ever really goes there to do those missions because they are bugged out the wazoo in terms of objects, scanners being broken, npcs loading so high up in the air you can never target them to finish the missions, etc.

3. People like myself gave out some suggestions for some better gameplay and here's where I got a gripe with the console that I suggested the one that fires/decloaks an enemy ship. That suggestion was based off of a counter idea for a b'rel that had more cloaking edge than other ships. One big reason the console to decloak/detect cloaked ships is/will be OP is because when you are firing torpedos and being decloaked like that its not like you have shielding like the other ships do for defense.

4. There needs to be something to do besides STF's and Pi Canis Sorties once you hit LG the game just gets super boring after you've made 10+ LG/VA's and all you can do is do same crap over and over and over again.