Lt. Commander
# 41 Boooo...
11-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Honestly, if not for the exchange rate of my PAID time playing being worth categorically LESS than a FREE players same amount of time played, I'd be totally fine with how the F2P stuff is going.

As it is I gained around 47 emblems which should have garnered over 21,000 Dilithium Ore. Instead I got around 8000 Ore and 1800 Refined. There's actually a diminishing return on what we send over. Unless you have thousands of badges/medals/merits/emblems you're not likely to break 400,000 Refined Dilithium.

If I'm PAYING TO PLAY the least you could do when going F2P is turn all my Dilithium into Refined, especially since you're doing diminishing returns at best or flat out skimming off the top at worst.

Here's a side by side comparison of my first tribble transfer and the most recent today a couple weeks after the first. Note I've gained several badges/medals and marks in addition to emblems and merits.

What's the formula for this?
Wow. I hadn't actually done the math yet, I mean I knew we were getting the shaft, but your pic is literally worth a thousand words.

I'm ashamed at you Cryptic. Really. That's low...
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Wow. I hadn't actually done the math yet, I mean I knew we were getting the shaft, but your pic is literally worth a thousand words.

Yeah its either get with the program and make some decent changes and something to make us want to play and not want to quit or tell CBS yer ready to hand the reigns over to someone else.
Lt. Commander
# 43 Klingon Title for level 51
11-03-2011, 09:45 PM
If you haven't got the title yet for leveling a Klingon toon to 51 on tribble, would you please consider the following? "Member of the 12%" I would display that with honor
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
Yes? Seriously? What is your point to this post? Am I missing something?
The title of the post was it was a missing reward from the #17 dev blog post which includes the other 9. For the sake of completeness, it's worth adding there.
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfrider
If you haven't got the title yet for leveling a Klingon toon to 51 on tribble, would you please consider the following? "Member of the 12%" I would display that with honor
ROFL yeah apparently what D'Angelo meant about not enough KDF feedback is that it wasn't 100% of the 12% of the kdf giving feedback. I'm sure the fan boys will repeat something we've said and then they will be like oh wow great idea you came up with.
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by temprus View Post
Actually, it can go both ways, it might be lack of interest in KDF rather than lack of KDF content. The tutorial turned me off of KDF style game play.
The KDF Tutorial is terrible. It's completely backwards from the Fed tutorial. Make the fedies walk around and talk to a bunch of random people before you let them get their ship. Let us go around kicking borg ***.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Maybe because there's nothing to do? even less than there is on the Fed side at high end? Or maybe its the completely blatant lack of content thats so bad that even with the increased EXP right now and starting at Commander you can't get to endgame without grinding and replaying missions?
QFT. I have no idea what he expects from us. Make some content and we will play your game. We've been saying that for nearly 2 years now. I'm not sure how he didn't get the memo.
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o4q View Post
Looks like someone has a case of the Mondays!
No, somebody's sick and tired of getting kicked in the soft parts, yanked back by the short hairs, then kicked again, and the kicker acting all the while like they're doing them a favor.

Equal Conversion Rates, don't devalue the work I've already done and the time I've already spent in game because I was good enough to pay you to play before the F2P conversion.

Preserve Fleet Crafting, don't force Fleet Crafters to do nothing but grind Dilithium or buy Dilithium (which is what the Dilithum exchange is, and we know it, it's buying in-game currency with real-world money, and pretending otherwise is insulting) in order to help their friends and Fleet-Mates.

Deliver on the Long-Promised KDF-Exclusive Content, KDF players have been here since the beginning, and we've paid just as much as any other Monthly Sub or LTS, it's about time we were treated equally.

If you must make Changes, make them with the intent to make the game better, every Gold you drive away by blatant money-grubbing motivated by greed will likely poison between five and ten potential F2P players against you, rerun your Subscriber and Micro Transaction Revenue projections with that little tidbit taken into account and tell me it still makes sense to screw us over at every turn.
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Dilithium skimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari

As posted here, the conversion formula is doing a great disservice to anyone who was pre-F2P and should be revamped to accurate reflect a conversion that has no diminishing returns or hard cap to what we already earned. If every mission on Tribble uses a formula of 1 emblem = 480 dilithium, I expect the same kind of transfer for all emblems I had when transferring from Holodeck. Likewise, I expect a fair conversion for my marks, medals, badges, and merits. Anything less penalizes those who invested so much time the last 21 months.

Cryptic knows its definitely not too late to fix the conversion formula. I sincerely hope they will do the right thing.

Btw, Klingons are around 18% of player base at last count, not 12%.
Lt. Commander
# 49
11-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbert View Post
"Tis better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt" - Unknown.
Actually, that quote was made famous by Samuel Clemens a.k.a. Mark Twain.
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Well if you want to be technical look at the player base as it stands right now over 500 KDF players have quit being that the 18% was a pre-existing player base of around 700-800 players which now is below 100 players. Based on the numbers its safe to assume that the 18% now is actually below 5%. I love Star Trek and if I didn't i'd left his game long ago and nor do I care about any other Cryptic or PW games. I'm just running out of patience to deal with Cryptic and hope they either get their act together or let someone else who is competent take the game forward.