Lt. Commander
# 51
11-03-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm of the same mind as many about the conversion rates. Why on earth is my paid time worth less than half of free players time after the transition?

At the very least, our paid time should be worth as much as a free players time, although personally I'd say it was worth more.
Lt. Commander
One, the known issues that can be summed up in one point: Primarily you can't push past the content because you've forced us into the linear BS and there is a broken mission. New klinks can't get to General level content because of a low level broken gate. Also, w/o decent BO's annoyance becomes pain.

Two: The interface colors MUST BE customizable! I cannot spend more than an hour with that horrid red-orange mess, and it literally makes my eyes hurt. Red-orange against black are difficult because the eye is less sensitive to red than other colors, that's why you use red light to help your night vision. That's why night vision gear uses very very low intensity green instead of black and white, because the contrast is greater. I know it's themeatic, but theme should not trump ergonomics.

Three: I am a PvE'r. I admit it and revel in my glorious destruction of stupid bits vs my possible glorious destruction of bits with a player behind them. My primary motivation is I have long tired of competeing with min maxed cheese, exploiting whiny jerks and braggarts of the 27th legendary master of '0wnzerz u'. Get me some PvE content I can use and I go.

A final note, just for those who would like a 'lifetime' of testing, apparantly lifetimers have not 3 but 6 character slots available. (At least 'from launch' lifetimers).
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
They're only 18% because only 18% of the players are willing to play with very little content.
The numbers would raise if there was notable content additions, but Cryptic has stated numerous times that it wants the numbers to change to show demand for said content first.

This is the true arguement here.

L8R
Lt. Commander
# 54
11-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperhamster View Post
One, the known issues that can be summed up in one point: Primarily you can't push past the content because you've forced us into the linear BS and there is a broken mission. New klinks can't get to General level content because of a low level broken gate. Also, w/o decent BO's annoyance becomes pain.

Two: The interface colors MUST BE customizable! I cannot spend more than an hour with that horrid red-orange mess, and it literally makes my eyes hurt. Red-orange against black are difficult because the eye is less sensitive to red than other colors, that's why you use red light to help your night vision. That's why night vision gear uses very very low intensity green instead of black and white, because the contrast is greater. I know it's themeatic, but theme should not trump ergonomics.

Three: I am a PvE'r. I admit it and revel in my glorious destruction of stupid bits vs my possible glorious destruction of bits with a player behind them. My primary motivation is I have long tired of competeing with min maxed cheese, exploiting whiny jerks and braggarts of the 27th legendary master of '0wnzerz u'. Get me some PvE content I can use and I go.

A final note, just for those who would like a 'lifetime' of testing, apparantly lifetimers have not 3 but 6 character slots available. (At least 'from launch' lifetimers).
As a KDF player I agree with you in some regard used to make me get a headache when I first started KDF with the colors but now when I get on a federation character it seems like it blinds the crap out of me going from dark orange to bright blue LOL. Basically what they force you to do thru the major grind of Captain 1 to BG is doing Spin the Wheel and Cold Comfort over and over until you rank up to BG.
Lt. Commander
# 55
11-03-2011, 11:18 PM
You haven't gotten much response because the "changes" you've made are insulting and LAME. How about you man up and admit you never finished the KDF side and add new missions and fix the problems like ships, rank rewards, I got only one bridge officer for the entire experience... the Department heads wasn't working till well into the captain levels. you did Barely any work to that side at all. All you did was advance the starting level. There is no Lt General ship except C store ones.. you still have the LT ships which are 100% pointless and on top of it the drops and lack of Dilithium makes the only thing work while is the Doff system...

I call BS on all the DEVS... sorry this is harsh but no one seems to care!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 56
11-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier_Q
They're only 18% because only 18% of the players are willing to play with very little content.
The numbers would raise if there was notable content additions, but Cryptic has stated numerous times that it wants the numbers to change to show demand for said content first.

This is the true arguement here.

L8R
Yeah Cryptic is the only company I know that blames the customer for not buying products they have yet to make. You never see a Car company requiring people to buy cars before they will build them.
Lt. Commander
# 57
11-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I'm very glad you've upped the Tribble Transfer Limit, now I can see just how much buying power I lose when you update them to the Dilithium Economy and use Conversion rates designed to screw me over.

I'm so excited to finally be able to test out the upper-level KDF-exclusive content that doesn't exist rather than the Faction-Neutral Content I've already done dozens and dozens of times.

I cannot express how happy I am that you're giving me a 'pebble' of refined Dilithum large enough to almost buy four Admiral/General level Ship Weapons from the Dilithium Vendor, knowing that hours and hours of my game time doing your QA work for you is worth so little to you truly warms my little heart.

I am nearly euphoric about the way it's apparently absolutely necessary for you to put a bullet in the brain-pan of Fleet Crafting, in spite of the dozens of recommendations in P2F2P DB #14, STO Discussion, General Content Feedback, Tribble Economy Feedback, and nearly every other feedback route that include links to the Dilithium Economy and paths to the C-Store preserving your oh-so-important monetizing of every possible activity in the game.

This!

I already had to grind out around 180 stf's on my tribble test fed to get the new gear. For some reason I'm lucky enough to get the 1:1 drops only after I purchase the gear for common salvage. I don't particularly feel like grinding out another 180 stf's on my "test" kdf just to get to holodeck and grind another 1,260 stf's to get the gear on my 7 "real" toons. Repeating content mindlessly like that over and over is called GRINDINDG contrary to all of Stormshades assurances otherwise. Grinding leads to burnout. Burnout leads to battlefield 3.
Lt. Commander
# 58
11-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
Yeah Cryptic is the only company I know that blames the customer for not buying products they have yet to make. You never see a Car company requiring people to buy cars before they will build them.
ROFL that is so true. Thank god they are not selling food, air, or any kind of real life transportation. You have to remember though people who think this way are in charge of goverments, natural selection is gone.
Lt. Commander
# 59
11-03-2011, 11:41 PM
Cryptic should have just released the first episode for the new FE on tribble for the KDF to play. That alone would bring a huge amount of folks to the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 60
11-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdox View Post
Cryptic should have just released the first episode for the new FE on tribble for the KDF to play. That alone would bring a huge amount of folks to the KDF.
I'd transfer my KDF toon for THAT!
Woot!