Lt. Commander
Hey don't get me wrong I am happy they Dev's are putting out these updates on the home page, but lets hear something about some of the real issues that are on everyone's mind.......ya the big herd of elephants in the room and for me the biggest one is crafting. We as a community have been yelling about this for the last few weeks and still there is no word or acknowledgement that any of our complaints, suggestions, etc have been heard at all. I have read many of the posts out there on players suggestions on how to not detroy crafting (some great ones were presented on this weeks episode of STOked if you have not watched). So please can we hear something about this? Of course I hope a reply would come in the form of rolling back the added Dilithum costs to crafting and putting it back to what it was, but even if the answer is not the one we want, it would be great to get some kind of answer at all.....Untill I hear something I know I will keep posting messages about it, and hope that if we keep the pressure up something will be done about it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-03-2011, 06:21 PM
See this thread for an update from CaptainGeko...

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=239471

... don't shoot the messenger
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-04-2011, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
See this thread for an update from CaptainGeko...

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=239471

... don't shoot the messenger
Okay.

*turns jkstocbr into a frog*
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-04-2011, 02:44 AM
Well yeah we can consider crafting kind of dead.

Looks like the system needs to be abondaned entirely by the players for a while until the devs recognize the obvious...
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Well yeah we can consider crafting kind of dead.

Looks like the system needs to be abondaned entirely by the players for a while until the devs recognize the obvious...
On the bright side, the availability of anomalies will significantly reduce the price of crafting for the lucky few with boatloads of Dilithium.

I wish they would consider one of the following instead:
  • anomalies have a chance to drop nothing.
  • Anomalies now give dilithium as a rare drop type
  • allow "crafting" of dilithium crystals
  • Allow the DL cap to be raised based on your crafting level, or amount of crafting you do or base it off of how many anomaly hunts you completed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
On the bright side, the availability of anomalies will significantly reduce the price of crafting for the lucky few with boatloads of Dilithium.

I wish they would consider one of the following instead:
  • anomalies have a chance to drop nothing.
  • Anomalies now give dilithium as a rare drop type
  • allow "crafting" of dilithium crystals
  • Allow the DL cap to be raised based on your crafting level, or amount of crafting you do or base it off of how many anomaly hunts you completed.
They gave us a response. It was the finger.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-04-2011, 09:23 AM
well read what Gecko said and to some degree I would say they are listening but how much? it looks like the 500 day reward gives us the VA token back. I still said DL should not be tied to Crafting or use it as some have said to give better buffs or skills etc. The Gold members are getting the auto refine too so not sure what is going on with Cryptic but guess they figured they better say something to try and calm down that bad publiicty that is going around about F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirjohn45 View Post
well read what Gecko said and to some degree I would say they are listening but how much? it looks like the 500 day reward gives us the VA token back. I still said DL should not be tied to Crafting or use it as some have said to give better buffs or skills etc. The Gold members are getting the auto refine too so not sure what is going on with Cryptic but guess they figured they better say something to try and calm down that bad publiicty that is going around about F2P.
Indeed. The media and podcasts (well, most of the podcasts, anyway) are turning on Cryptic in a bad way. The half-baked, poorly thought out, inexcuseable changes to crafting need to be UNDONE until they have the "real" fix in place.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
Indeed. The media and podcasts (well, most of the podcasts, anyway) are turning on Cryptic in a bad way. The half-baked, poorly thought out, inexcuseable changes to crafting need to be UNDONE until they have the "real" fix in place.
Media outlets are always the best way to have your opinion heard. After all, these are the same people who will be announcing STO is F2P next month.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
Media outlets are always the best way to have your opinion heard. After all, these are the same people who will be announcing STO is F2P next month.
And most will be kissing Cryptics <beep> when they announce it too.