As others have mentioned the recommandation part is surely broken. Nothing changes no matter what I click on. Always same failure rate and success rate
Not sure if anyone else noticed but there is not much room to work with. If you take just the bare minimum points for each tier up till you get to the last one. You only have enough to fill up one item in that last tier. The old way at least you had enough points to fill up 3 or 4. It really limits the amount of robustness you can do with your character.
Otherwise I really like the new setup, yes will need to re-learn it all.
1) For testing this, we need at least ten respecs to play around with the system. If you could do infinite for free on Tribble, that would be even better.
2) Skills are overall too expensive. You need to take the amount down a knotch.
3) The menu needs to be improved in the skills section to identify which skills affect which powers (or put them all in the "popup". (I hate scrolling through the list to find it).
4) Also I didn't see many of my Tac skills (THY, CRF, BO) in the menu. Are they not affected by anything?
5) The nerf for the consoles is just stupid, especially the power ones. My inclination is that nerfing consoles is there to make the +1 ships consoles more attractive to buy.
6) Overall, I like the idea, especially to swap around on different ships with different energy types.
7) Also, you need to update the ground skills at the same time for F2P. It'll be too confusing otherwise. Maybe not do the whole "separate" pool things, but at least have the newer overall design.
DOFF System Update Feedback:
1) Debriefing should only show items you need to turn on. I don't want to see the ones I've already turned in. (If you must have it, please seperate the ones you turn in with the older ones.)
2) When you turn in the rewards, it should auto next, so you can collect your rewards rapidly.
Looks pretty cool, but after all these updates I have yet to see anything about the Fire All Weapons buttons, any ETA?
Over a week now, and still not worthy of an emergency patch? I'm not changing my keybinds. Fix it. I'm not changing the way I play. Fix it. I'm not growing a third arm so that I can pilot my ship, use my Boff powers, and fire my weapons. Fix it. I am not doing anything to work around a bug that I didn't cause. Fix it. My subscription expires on Sunday. I'm not renewing until you fix it.
I like how the idea for the ship and weapon consolidation was attempted to be changed. It was a long time coming to put a basis for ships and weapons. However the "new skills" are 1000 times more confusing then the old system. In the old system we could tell what skill was affecting what power. Photonic as a prime example helped photonic abilities, shockwave, officer, fleet, etc. Now it's confusing, what the heck does a hyperbonic transducer do? (made up skill i know, just couldn't remember some of them at this time heh.) But they are confusing as all heck. Also the fact that skills are costing more, even with less skills it is a serious across the board nerf. The current skills we can not put our ships up to our current par stat/skill wise, and add on top of that "max points in a skill" only gives us 75% of what it does on live currently? Might as well put us all back in our Tier 2 ships. I know this is only the "first" iteration and i sincerely hope this is a rushed alpha of this build. Cause it needs some serious tweeking. I could have been just as easy to just remove all of the extra ship stats (Starcruiser, assault cruiser etc) and made it one, and converted the weapons. But there was no reason to even touch the science, or engineering trees, they worked, we know how they work.
Again good try. But imho, a pretty big failure for the first build.
I love the revamp of the skills, to me it is easier to understand. The Doff system .... well, if it ain't broke don't fix it.... please put it back the way you first had it. My sickbay is full, even though the pie charts dont change when I assign officers, I still remember which traits i used for each type of mission, but omg they fail now. Could be me or maybe my tribbles are eating away at my officer's brains and they cannot remember what to do! Pie charts are good eye candy but please make them update as we assign officers so we can have better success rate.
Side note... Going to check out the new escort I think the speed boost in combat will be awesome!