Lt. Commander
# 131
11-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCallUp
I wouldn't waste your time with such a logical argument, he sounds a bit infantile, as if anyone would read his post and say "Oh wow x user is upset about a bug on the test server. Oh No! He's throwing a tantrum and is going to cancel his subscription, we better jump on this right away!". It's obvious to rational people like you and I the Dev's have bigger fish to fry, especially things like the DoFF system being busted which would affect the test data they are collecting. Besides, don't try to talk him out of it, let him cancel his subscription, at least that way there would be one less petulant child winge-ing on the forums.
Posters who take time out of their days to devote entire posts to hurling condescending insults at other posters will, judging by the above quote, continue to be well represented. Maybe that's the "bigger fish" that needs to be fried? Probably.
Lt. Commander
# 132
11-05-2011, 07:03 PM
My question is this . . . are they taking diplomatic missions out of the Doff system completely, as well as recruitment?

I see nothing about this in the patch notes, yet since the patch released, not only have I noticed the issues with the traits disappearing, but have not been able to find a single diplomatic mission until just a while ago. Now an even bigger issue arises. I shall explain:

I FINALLY found a diplomatic DOFF mission in Alpha Trianguli. It called for an Advisor and trader. I had neither, so I went to the exchange and spent a lot of energy credits acquiring an advisor. I returned to Alpha Trianguli and the DOFF I purchased was, though an advisor, still not available for the mission. She is an advisor, she is verified to be in my roster, she is NOT assigned to ground or ship rosters. She is completely available.

Thus the only logical conclusion is that the traits ARE still in effect, and she has been disqualified for one of her traits. Which one? Who knows? One cannot tell because the devs took out the trait icons from the UI.

I also know that the trait system must still be active because after the patch I was forced to assign random officers to the missions without taking traits into account. The result: Multiple failures and 1 disaster. Not good. Before the patch I was able to use command decisions and review the officers and assign accordingly. In a roleplay environment this is how it should be. Leaders in real life also assign staff based on skills and abilities. So why disable those here after they were already existant in the system before the patch? It was a good thing, yet was disabled. before the patch I was able to use such judgement and had no casualties. After the patch my sick bay is filling up - and fast. I had 3 come in just today. Wow.

Now I do not like to make any gripes without giving helpful suggestions, so here are mine:
  1. PLEASE add the traits back into the UI so we can properly assign our officers.
  2. Please go back to the availabilities of DOFF missions as before. No longer having any diplomatic or recruiting missions available (or functional when we DO find one, as I described above) completely defeats the purpose of even having diplomatic or recruitment tier trees available.

Thank you in advance for seeing this, Devs, and thank you again for considering these points if you have not already done so

As for everything else resulting from the patch - great job! love the new icons, and LOVE the fact that bridge officer abilities in the UI are now grouped by class. THANK YOU for that!

Take care.
Lt. Commander
# 133
11-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faelandaea View Post
My question is this . . . are they taking diplomatic missions out of the Doff system completely, as well as recruitment?

I see nothing about this in the patch notes, yet since the patch released, not only have I noticed the issues with the traits disappearing, but have not been able to find a single diplomatic mission until just a while ago. Now an even bigger issue arises. I shall explain:

I FINALLY found a diplomatic DOFF mission in Alpha Trianguli. It called for an Advisor and trader. I had neither, so I went to the exchange and spent a lot of energy credits acquiring an advisor. I returned to Alpha Trianguli and the DOFF I purchased was, though an advisor, still not available for the mission. She is an advisor, she is verified to be in my roster, she is NOT assigned to ground or ship rosters. She is completely available.

Thus the only logical conclusion is that the traits ARE still in effect, and she has been disqualified for one of her traits. Which one? Who knows? One cannot tell because the devs took out the trait icons from the UI.

I also know that the trait system must still be active because after the patch I was forced to assign random officers to the missions without taking traits into account. The result: Multiple failures and 1 disaster. Not good. Before the patch I was able to use command decisions and review the officers and assign accordingly. In a roleplay environment this is how it should be. Leaders in real life also assign staff based on skills and abilities. So why disable those here after they were already existant in the system before the patch? It was a good thing, yet was disabled. before the patch I was able to use such judgement and had no casualties. After the patch my sick bay is filling up - and fast. I had 3 come in just today. Wow.

Now I do not like to make any gripes without giving helpful suggestions, so here are mine:
  1. PLEASE add the traits back into the UI so we can properly assign our officers.
  2. Please go back to the availabilities of DOFF missions as before. No longer having any diplomatic or recruiting missions available (or functional when we DO find one, as I described above) completely defeats the purpose of even having diplomatic or recruitment tier trees available.

Thank you in advance for seeing this, Devs, and thank you again for considering these points if you have not already done so

As for everything else resulting from the patch - great job! love the new icons, and LOVE the fact that bridge officer abilities in the UI are now grouped by class. THANK YOU for that!

Take care.
Most likely you brought a cross faction DOFF. KDF faction doffs(klingon, orion etc) bought off the exchange or traded for can't be used by fed characters and fed race doffs can't be used by a KDF character. They show in your roster but can't be assigned to missions and this is not a bug it is intended.
Lt. Commander
# 134
11-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwolf1
The problem i found was that they need to increase the skill points cap so that we can increase all of our space traits to level 9 and not get shorted on those abilities because the way it is now you still have to plan how you want to use your skill points which causes your ship to not be as powerful as you want it. And why increase the points needed to get those skills where if they had left it alone we could have gotten all the space traits with the points we already have and we wouldn't need the increase in the skills cap area.
The number of points is deliberately kept short so that we have to choose which traits we want to invest in. However, the present setup has us a bit short on points because the ground traits, which have not been updated yet, cost 150%, meaning that we have fewer skill points to devote to space traits than we did before the space trait update. Personally I would like for Cryptic to change ground trait costs back to the old cost until the new ground traits become available.
Lt. Commander
# 135 kdf fighters
11-05-2011, 09:00 PM
I have been using a Vo'quv with to'duj fighters and orion interceptors. I have noticed an inconsistency in the carrier commands. Not all fighters are following orders. I have not seen a pattern of when commands are given and fighters launched to suggest a sure fire way to reproducing it. However, I have not had a map yet that the commands all worked 100%. I have toggled the attack command to have anywhere from 1 to 5 fighters continue to follow me as if the recall command was still toggled. I have toggled the recall command to have fighters not use full impulse when I do and get left behind. This leaves me with only the few that do use full impulse. To make it even more crazy, I have had a the following scenario.

1. spawn fighters,
2. toggle attack.
3. target destroyed with a few fighters being destoyed.
4. toggle recall
5. go to full impulse of the 8 remaining fighters, three do not use full impulse
6. reach next target and toggle attack.
7. during battle, the left behind fighters catch up.
8. Battle ends with only the three fighters that were left behind and caught up surviving.
9. Isssue the recall order
10. go to full impulse, this time the three fighters that had previously not gone to full impulse, now go to full impulse and follow properly.

As far as full impulse is concerned, it is almost as if, if I have too many fighters out, say more that six, then some of the fighters will not go to full impulse. When I have six or less left, they all seem to go full impulse. Again, this is not every time, but what seem to be happening when this behavior occurs.

As far as fighters remaining on recall and not attacking when attack is toggled, I have not seen any rhyme or reason for it. I will continue to keep my eye on it.
Lt. Commander
# 136
11-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk600 View Post
Most likely you brought a cross faction DOFF. KDF faction doffs(klingon, orion etc) bought off the exchange or traded for can't be used by fed characters and fed race doffs can't be used by a KDF character. They show in your roster but can't be assigned to missions and this is not a bug it is intended.
Oh . . . okay. Well the rest of my points stand but I stand corrected on that part. Thank you for the reply.

Just curious then . . . how do we tell if a DOFF is Fed or KDF before we buy it? In the exchange it only appeared as "name", "advisor", "common". That's it. There is no info other than that and one cannot accurately tell by a thumbnail art if a DOFF is Fed or KDF. If this is the case i wish I'd have known before blowing 50,000 energy credits on it.

Not griping here . . . actually hoping there is something i missed that someone can assist me with.

As for the points I made about traits, though . . . I still hope those are brought back into the UI. My sick bay is getting packed . . . . O.o Bringing back diplomacy missions would be awesome also.

"EDIT" . . . She has the federation logo in the background of her picture. She is Klingon, but she is listed as Klingon. Her name is Daran. Anyone able to tell me if this is indeed a bug to be reported. Actually . . . either way it's a bug in my opinion. One or the other needs to be fixed. Either she needs to be able to work my staff, or DOFFs need to be identifiable by faction so that we may know that it is not usable by us. Also, it was pointed out to me that with bridge officers, feds cannot buy them on the exchange. You'll get a dialog blocking you from doing so. Why not do so with DOFFs also? A thought for a future patch, me thinks?
Lt. Commander
# 137 Thanks
11-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the update Zero; glad to see that you are still with us Left my feedback tonight for the latest build.
Lt. Commander
# 138
11-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faelandaea View Post
Oh . . . okay. Well the rest of my points stand but I stand corrected on that part. Thank you for the reply.

Just curious then . . . how do we tell if a DOFF is Fed or KDF before we buy it? In the exchange it only appeared as "name", "advisor", "common". That's it. There is no info other than that and one cannot accurately tell by a thumbnail art if a DOFF is Fed or KDF. If this is the case i wish I'd have known before blowing 50,000 energy credits on it.

Not griping here . . . actually hoping there is something i missed that someone can assist me with.

As for the points I made about traits, though . . . I still hope those are brought back into the UI. My sick bay is getting packed . . . . O.o Bringing back diplomacy missions would be awesome also.

"EDIT" . . . She has the federation logo in the background of her picture. She is Klingon, but she is listed as Klingon. Her name is Daran. Anyone able to tell me if this is indeed a bug to be reported. Actually . . . either way it's a bug in my opinion. One or the other needs to be fixed. Either she needs to be able to work my staff, or DOFFs need to be identifiable by faction so that we may know that it is not usable by us. Also, it was pointed out to me that with bridge officers, feds cannot buy them on the exchange. You'll get a dialog blocking you from doing so. Why not do so with DOFFs also? A thought for a future patch, me thinks?
Being able to sort KDF/FED doffs in exchange is one of the things they said they are going to add to avoid this confusion.

If she has a fed logo then I am guessing whoever put her up got her from a instigate defection mission or prisoner exchange mission meaning she really is a fed doff and Hereitic has said that cross faction doffs earned through missions are supposed to be useable and it was an oversight that those were disabled when they disabled the ability to use cross faction doffs. I have 2 Klingon armory officers on my fed that I got from instigate defection missions that I can't use at the moment. No time frame was given when those will be useable again though.

The traits and percentages not changing is a bug and said would be fixed in a patch on Tuesday.
Lt. Commander
# 139
11-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk600 View Post
Being able to sort KDF/FED doffs in exchange is one of the things they said they are going to add to avoid this confusion.

If she has a fed logo then I am guessing whoever put her up got her from a instigate defection mission or prisoner exchange mission meaning she really is a fed doff and Hereitic has said that cross faction doffs earned through missions are supposed to be useable and it was an oversight that those were disabled when they disabled the ability to use cross faction doffs. I have 2 Klingon armory officers on my fed that I got from instigate defection missions that I can't use at the moment. No time frame was given when those will be useable again though.

The traits and percentages not changing is a bug and said would be fixed in a patch on Tuesday.
Awesome awesome awesome. That clears up everything for me then Something to look forward to this week then I apologize for missing those quotes if they were from this thread (reallllly long thread).
Lt. Commander
# 140
11-06-2011, 06:14 AM
Thank You!!!