Lt. Commander
# 31 Nov 4th update - Nice
11-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Looks like someone is listening. Many thanks.

As for the DoF's; The one big thing that I believe needs to be done, is some symbol or character on the DoF panel in the exchange indicating if the DoF is usable by the Fed, Klinks or both.

Another refinement would be to allow multiple trait searches in both the DoF screen and in the exchange.
I've tried this many times on my DoF screen and you can only really search on ONE trait. With one hundred DoF's this would make assignment much easier and therefore success easier and DoF loss less often ... I hope!

Thanks Again!!
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffknight View Post
Excellent! Love the change to dilithium for gold players, NOW it is worth something to subscribe! THANK YOU DEVS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! Also, nice on the Excelsior. I don't like things like that being taken away after people spend money on it. The DOff system keeps being refined and is turning into a real jewel.
There needs to be more ways to earn the stuff (and not limited to dailies). I've yet to earn 8k in one day.
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-04-2011, 01:41 PM
If you do all the dailies, you get about 7k a day (at least at VA), so you have to do STFs, events or such to fill the gap.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
You're welcome, and please, just Zero. Rex sounds so manly. LOL
i always kind of had a crush on you zero... just needed to get that out, i feel so much better
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Overall a most excellent release!

Quote:
Powers:
  • Snipped
AMAZING, thank you Cryptic I can't wait to play with this!

Quote:
Duty Officers:
  • Duty Officers on assignment will now display the time remaining on an assignment in their dossier.
All fantastic update, but please thank Heretic from me for this one quoted above, I only suggested this 13 days ago here and now it's patching to Tribble, which is awesome because this will be very useful to me and others (I hope).

Quote:
Missions:
  • Hana System: Destroying the turrets before the rendezvous with the U.S.S. Mirek no longer blocks mission completion.
Cool, I remember bug reporting this one a couple of weeks ago, only accidentally noticed I broke this mission after I warped in and didn't bother to wait for the U.S.S. Mirek. I blew up all the turrets and then thought to myself, oops...

Quote:
Known Issues:
  • Snipped
No mention of KDF players not being able to purchase the VOR'KANG CLASS via the test C-Store, are you aware of that?
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
There needs to be more ways to earn the stuff (and not limited to dailies). I've yet to earn 8k in one day.
Between the dailies, STF's and DoF missions, refining 8000 a day is not enough. Would like to see 12k or 14k. If you are not pulling 8k a day in unrefined ore, join a Fleet that does STF's, do your dailies and get cracking on those DoF missions!!
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
ive done it, but only barely.

yeah, i'd be very surprised if we didn't get more ways to earn it. i'd rather i had too much ore to refine, as opposed to not enough.
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:

Ground skills, powers, and items remain unchanged for now, except for having their costs updated.
seperate space and ground skills completely. its overdue
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-04-2011, 01:52 PM
We cant train our BOs any more ?

But how do I get my BO to be able to build a Phaser Turret 3 or so ?
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Quote:
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.16.20111030a.3

Known Issues:
  • There is an issue that allows certain ship powers to be used on every ship without having to equip the related console:
    • Emission Seeking Torpedo
    • Photonic Shockwave Torpedo Load
  • Ki'tang Bird-of-Prey cannot be obtained for free with a Captain ship plaque.
  • All maps entered via a queue will boot you out 5 seconds after the mission is complete.
    • This includes STFs, so grab that loot as fast as possible.
Bolded for emphasis:

Will these consoles ever get changed to function with more torpedo types? I have no experience with the "Emission" console, but I know the Shockwave torpedo is only usable with Photon torpedoes. Seems wrong to have these "premium" ships that cost real cash (if you don't use dilithium -> c-store conversion), and then make the consoles locked to a single type of weapon.