Lt. Commander
# 61
11-04-2011, 03:26 PM
ok more issues.

1. You can't spec as well as you used to. This is near a global nerf on players, you can't as effectively fill out your skills meaning you are less effective.

2. The ground tree isn't even updated, so its virtually usless to test this system, because its not even half complete.
Lt. Commander
# 62
11-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
  • Moved Assignment Log to its own tab.
Yay

Also, colour me intrigued by the new skill system. Is this a twinge of... excitement, that I feel?
Lt. Commander
# 63
11-04-2011, 03:31 PM
All this looks interesting so far...I'll check it out after dinner.
But I see nothing in the notes saying you can finally now buy the Vor'kang from the Cstore...
It's been borked since the relaunch of Tribble, multiple threads about it.
Please...did ya fix that too?
Lt. Commander
# 64
11-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
It's also to make the skill tree more balanced (in space and ground) and easier to use. This doesn't really work, because You can't even use all your points due to the new off setting costs.

It is honestly not possible to speck into things as much as you used to.
Wow, kinda disappointing to hear...
I'll put it to the test myself shortly and we'll see how it works out.
Lt. Commander
# 65
11-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Quote:
[*]All maps entered via a queue will boot you out 5 seconds after the mission is complete.
  • This includes STFs, so grab that loot as fast as possible.
[/list]
Uh,ok. How are we supposed to do that? The only map where I was able to claim the loot instantly was The Cure Space.

Edit: And just in case anybody cares. It takes some time for the Need and Greed in case the team got the optional objective. You need a fricking temporal phenomenon to do this and the normal loot in 5 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 66
11-04-2011, 03:37 PM
The amount updates you guys are releasing is quite remarkable. Clearly you are all working tremendously hard! Well done.

Thanks for fixing the Excelsior and reverting it back to Holodeck features. Getting unique Transwarp icons is a nice bit of polish. Thanks again!

The new Skill System is on, you say? Just when I had signed-off on additional Tribble Testing, you guys drop this... Well, I guess I'll have to check out this car wreck. :p I'm sure it'll be spectacular! Ok, I jest... Seriously, I'm looking forward to being able to swap ships/weapons without loss of functionality, so I'm really rooting for this!

The DOff System continues to impress. A Brig, Passenger Tab, Cargo Bay... Nice, nice, nice.

STFs? Sorry, but with Mk XI items going for 60 EDCs I might get around to playing them a bit on Holodeck to outfit my main character, but I don't need to add any "testing cycles" to that grindfest. Besides, the uh, "STF Dev System" has their "Pets" and is, in my opinion, too closed-minded to affect change based on feedback I agree with anyway, so why bother?

You fixed the Under the Cover of Night freighter scanning? Is that only for this mission, cuz it happened on other missions too...

Is there further word on unlocking mission progression? I know EEPH agrees it's bad, but I haven't seen any other recent updates.
Lt. Commander
# 67
11-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
This is honestly a nice prime example of how this game wasn't meant to have a skill cap in that it either doesn't permit you to have enough points, or gives you too many to use.

which also means you can't level up to vice admiral because you can't spend all your points.
They raised the skill cap by 50 points but didn't bother to put that in the patch notes. Go earn 50 more points somewhere and you can finally use all your points. Way to fail on informing us there Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 68
11-04-2011, 03:43 PM
All of it looks great!

If you guys adjusted that much becuase of feedback and all that, I am impressed.

Yes I know the adjustments to the crafting + Dil is not addressed yet, but this newest update is giving me hope that we will be pleased with the outcome.

Great work guys and keep it up!
Lt. Commander
# 69
11-04-2011, 03:44 PM
What happend to Doff traits? Do any of those little symbols do anything now.... no Duty mission seems to require/recommend them.
Lt. Commander
# 70
11-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Dilithium refinement changes for gold players:
  • When a player logs in for the first time during a dilithium refining day and they have dilithium ore, it will refine all ore up to the maximum possible since the last time they refined ore.
    • For example, a player logs in on Monday and manually refines 2500 ore. They next log in on Thursday and we automatically refine 21500 ore
      • 5500 for Monday, and 8000 each for Tuesday and Wednesday.
Now that is what I call a good Change
Quote:
Powers:
  • All New Skill System:
  • When you log in after this change:
    • All of your skill points will be refunded to you and you will have none spent.
    • When you enter a map you will be prompted to spend your skill points.
      • If you do not spend your skill points you will be prompted on every single map to do so.
  • All Space Skills have been changed.
    • The effects of all space skills are more transparent.
      • Most simply improve a function type directly.
        • Such as improving all healing or all control powers.
      • Alternately, the skill may simply grant a direct bonus.
  • Training/Command skill branch is gone.
    • No more ship captain skills.
      • There are just flat ship bonuses that apply to any ship you fly.
      • This is designed to let you swap ships painlessly.
  • The space weapon skill branch no longer has energy/torpedo type skills.
    • This is designed to let you swap weapons painlessly.
  • There are a lot fewer skills now. As such, the cost has increased by 50%.
  • All space powers and abilities have been adjusted to utilize the new skills.
  • All Items that affected skills have been updated.
    • This significantly impacted Science Consoles and Defector Dish Items. They have all been adjusted to utilize the new skills.
  • Ground skills, powers, and items remain unchanged for now, except for having their costs updated.
Am I the only one out there that liked the old System and now is upset because a good System Changed?
If the change is good or bad I will stat in a few days
Quote:
  • All maps entered via a queue will boot you out 5 seconds after the mission is complete.
    • This includes STFs, so grab that loot as fast as possible.
And why the ------ are you pushing this to Tribble if you know about it?