Lt. Commander
# 1 Path to F2P Dev Blog #18
11-04-2011, 02:34 PM
In today's entry on the Path to F2P, Lead Designer, Al Rivera, introduces us to the new space skills, now available for testing on Tribble.

Link to the Article
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
In today's entry on the Path to F2P, Lead Designer, Al Rivera, introduces us to the new space skills, now available for testing on Tribble.

Link to the Article
I LOVE THIS CHANGE. GREAT WORK CRYPTIC
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-04-2011, 02:53 PM
my very first reaction is that i like the look of this. it will be a bit of a pain relearning what stuff does but it looks pretty good from what ive seen so far.

i dont know if its just lag but the reaction time was a bit slow. so when i added something that would increase my power levels. it took about 10 seconds for them t change. on holodeck it took about 1-2 sconds.

might just be everybody changing at once but at first glance it looked like it was not working.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-04-2011, 02:53 PM
If there's one thing I don't understand... it's why the "Starship Engine Performance" and "Starship Shield Performance" are Tier 4 while their Weapon and Auxiliary Power analogs are Tier 5. The end result is the same - more power points to distribute - so I don't think that the argument that weapon and auxiliary power have a larger role in DPS hold much water.

One improvement I could see as worthwhile is putting these powers all on the same tier.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-04-2011, 02:59 PM
I must say, my initial reaction to this change is a positive one. I can now experiment with a wide varitey of weapon types without penalty. I've never tried antiproton weapons for instance because I did not want to resepc for it only to find that I did not like it.

Kudos on the much needed changes. So far I like what I see.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Allrighty, time to roll up those sleeves and dive right in.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-04-2011, 03:03 PM

Right off the bat, it seems like specing for tank is much more cost effective than specing for dps. Also, I thought this was going to seperate space and ground, did I misunderstand? I found that I still have to spend all my points in space and leave ground alone.I'm not talking specific skills now, I know ground changes are still-to-come, I'm talking about still having to specialize in either space or ground otherwise you're underpowered in both.

These are just first impressions. I'd really like a few respecs to play around with this a bit. Some of my initial concerns may just be due to this being a new system.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Even if this particular iteration isn't perfect, the idea behind it is fantastic. This is literally one of the three things I was griping about my first week into the game, it it looks like you guys are going to fix that sucker up nice. I love it!

It will be fun to see this change take shape over the coming weeks!
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Now THAT IS WONDERFUL News
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII

These are just first impressions. I'd really like a few respecs to play around with this a bit. Some of my initial concerns may just be due to this being a new system.
Agreed. We can't do much "testing" with 1 frickin respec token. We need a minimum of 3. Since it's just the test server, this shouldn't be hard.