Lt. Commander
# 21
11-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirjohn45 View Post
Cryptic why is it you do something good then stab us in the back again? making consoles useless now is that really the way you want to go? You tell us things will not change much when F2P hits now if I am not mistaken, you are overhauling the skill tree, you are taking ships that were free and throwing them into the C-store where we have to buy them 1 per character not even unlock for account. You are ruining crafting by throw Dilithium in there and basically everywhere.
You really need to sit down and read the forums and get a clue as to what you are doing to this game that awhile ago was fun and enjoyable to something now that is a grind and not fun to play anymore.
Ships are still account wide unlocks... and it has been stated there is no plan to change that...
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks

Engineering

Name:: Old effect:: New effect

Booster Modulator:: 7 Aux power ::3.5 Aux Power
Injector Assembly:: 7 Engine power :: 3.5 Engine power
EPS Flow Regulator:: 105 Power Transfer rate :: 70 Power Transfer rate
Field Emitter:: 7 Shield power :: 3.5 Shield power
SIF Generator:: 35 Hull repair :: 5.8 Hull repair
Plasma Distribution Manifold:: 7 Weapon power :: 3.5 Weapon power
Wow. A massive nerf to power levels? I couldn't test it yet, but a posting in another thread seemed to indicate that the +power from the skill tree also doesn't give us the +9 at 100 base anymore? What's the idea behing that? And attempting to nerf EPS consoles again? Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks

Tactical

Changes here are simple to understand.

Consoles that buffed a damage type (Phasers/disruptors/chronitons,etc.) now gives +26% buff to that damage type.
Consoles that buffed beams or cannons now gives +18% buff to all energy damage.
Consoles that buffed torps or mines now gives +18% kinetic damage.
Hadn't we been through all that already after season 2? And then settled on making these consoles give the same damage boosts?

Why do so many of the console changes feel as if nobody at Cryptic remembers what we learned from the season 2 changes?
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Just funny if you think about it, they keep halving consoles.

Orignal MKX Uncommon Consoles = 30+
Nerf 1 = 15+
Nerf 2 (Mk XI Rare) = +7.5

Original EPS = 300%
Nerf 1 = 115%
Nerf 2 = 75%

Like I said before, the Devs had nerfed consoles to the point why even bother having them.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
Ships are still account wide unlocks... and it has been stated there is no plan to change that...
Let the recrd show that when Cryptic says they have "no plans" to do something, they have almost always meant the opposite... just not right away.

That said, I doubt they'll go that far. They're already starting to take heat from the gaming media for their 'questionable' F2P decisions.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
Let the recrd show that when Cryptic says they have "no plans" to do something, they have almost always meant the opposite... just not right away.

That said, I doubt they'll go that far. They're already starting to take heat from the gaming media for their 'questionable' F2P decisions.
Got a link to any articles? Might be a good read.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-05-2011, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Excalibur View Post
Got a link to any articles? Might be a good read.
EDIT: Dev Tracker...
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-05-2011, 03:28 AM
I don't like how badly the consoles have been nerfed. The engineering and science consoles look like they have been nerfed to the point of almost being useless. 3.5 energy isn't much, even with the way energy scales with weapon power.

I especially don't like how the cannon/beam/torpedo consoles have been changed. Why not leave those to boost either beam weapons or cannon weapons and leave them as good as the energy type consoles. Why is that even being changed at all? Go ahead and add consoles that boost all energy weapons, but have a lower bonus, but leave the beam/cannon/torpedo/mine consoles the same as before (limited only to one type of weapon) and offering the same bonus as the weapon type consoles. A big thumbs down on the tactical console changes.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-05-2011, 05:33 AM
What the smeg, Cryptic?

Let me say just this...

Consoles are the one true factor that can change gameplay. The skill tree may have confused people (deflector dish/deflector field, anyone? ) but consoles were plain, simple things.

Your Galaxy X doesn't trun good? whack on 2 EPS Regulators to give a +x to engines. Problem solved.

A Tactical playing a Cruiser needing to improve their tractor beam? Easy. Slap on a +x to Tractor beam.

In a science ship wanting to improve your hull repair? Simple - fit a SIF Generator.

I must also add that I am *not* a player looking for the maximum DPS or trying to get an "uber" build. I am a casual player who plays STO for the fun of it, going along at my own pace.

A lot of people who will be playing STO when it goes F2P come becuase it will be free. However, with the current skill tree revamp, extreme nerfing of consoles, and general "Pay-to-win" attitude, you will be getting a lot of grief from your 'core', paying players.

In many respects, F2P is going to be not a nail, but a thumping great, pressure-driven rivet in the coffin of STO unless some major changes to the changes are going to take place. Life is being sucked out of the game quicker than if the grim reaper himself was doing it.

Way to go, PWI/Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-05-2011, 05:47 AM
All this crap changes on existing gameplay. Instead they should have been working on more diversity in gameplay, new missions, upgrade the platform, which start to look outdated and limited, make flying in all directions possible so real 3D etc etc, my point is there are so much more things to do to make the game more attractive than it is, than fiddling around in the current settings.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-05-2011, 05:57 AM
Cryptic .... Fix this. Fix this now.

This is even worse than the crap being shoved down our throats when it comes to crafting and how those changes effect fleet crafting.

Fix this ... Fix this now.

When I have an always calm and polite fleetmate who is always willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, ready now to jump on the bandwagon and help light the torches as we storm the gates ....

Fix this ... Fix this now.