Lt. Commander
# 71
11-28-2011, 12:31 PM
This information is out of date already. They updated many of the console values.
Lt. Commander
# 72
11-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Yes it was out of date, I don't get paid to do this.

Updated now.
Lt. Commander
# 73
11-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the info.
Lt. Commander
IMO I would have done this: look up each player, see how many consoles that were modified he has, then let him go to some place at esd/qo'nos or wherever and let them exchange old consoles *with some other new consoles of their choice. And yea, it happen to me too while on a quick space stf to be blown to pieces because my old setup- which I think was great, just sucked after the changes ( kdf bop - TSS didn't work properly, weapon power was too low bc of the nerfed consoles etc).*

Also, I had to buy few new ships to get the new items/weapons to kind of make up with the nerfs. That is not normal, but well, was my choice. Now I dont use the +3.5 weapon energy console since its just useless.*

Personally, I do like the new skill level. It makes the game a lite more balanced. Still, I would've just made 2 skill buckets, one for ground, one for space. Also, I think the space skills should not be affected only by the occupation (eng, sci, tac) but also by bofs. So, for ex, *if I have a tac, and want to tank as an eng (well, at least as cryptic won't totally nerf this, lol) I should be able to do it by choosing bofs that have abilities such as miracle worker or other eng specific. Same if an eng wants attack pattern alpha. The eng/tac/sci difference should only be significant while on ground. Well, without babbling too much around this topic, my 2 cents are above. I only hope there will be some extra console to compensate the gaps, that if not craftable, then we can get them by playing the game.*
Lt. Commander
# 75
12-05-2011, 09:35 AM
I don't see a reason for having two different kinds of cunsoles with the same effect, e. g. 18 kinetic damage or 18 energy damage ... why not just make one cunsole for each of them, totally 2 instead of 4 cunsoles? And what about the missing science abilities (Viral Matrix buffing etc.) ... meow.
Lt. Commander
# 76
12-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Tactical consoles seem to be back to the old standard that was changed a while ago. No one is going to use weapon type consoles, only the energy types. Remember why you guys changed that originally? The cannon/beam/torp consoles were never used because they buffed weapons less than just using the appropriate damage type console. This again makes it so anyone who uses one damage type, yet uses weapon type consoles gets screwed when they would have been better off if they used damage type consoles instead.
The tac consoles should have effects on CritH/CritD/Acc. That way you could mix an match to augment your already specced CritH/CritD/Acc numbers. Just a thought. Or have the different colors also have different number of modifiers like weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 77
12-13-2011, 09:20 AM
so what sci console now boosts gravity well seeing as my +18 to supspace anomaly has been replaced/renamed ?
Lt. Commander
# 78
02-15-2012, 06:09 AM
I know this thread is a bit old, but it was on a subject that interested me (Consoles), so I decided to give it a read.

Has anyone considered the possibility that the reason for the nerfs may be to allow for them to add in new and better items to keep the game fresh with providing new things to go after and aquire? Seems to me that balancing the playing field makes that more feasable.

Noone should underestimate the value of your personal experience and ability. They can't nerf that.

As a returning player who had the best of everything when I left I can honestly say the reason I left was because it got boring.

There was nothing left to shoot for, or go after.

Now I am back since the launch of F2P and I started a new Alt from scratch. I already have almost everything I could want that is top of the line. Only thing missing are two prototype techs and a few other more easily attainable sets I could get if I wanted.

There is a great deal of content I have yet to explore and I am by no means bored yet, but I can see eventually in the not to distant future (six months) being right back where I was when I stopped playing over a year ago. I have not even tried the new ground STF's yet. Still having fun with the Space STF's.

Nerfing the equipment that already exists does in fact allow for them to add in new items that are much better for us to go after. Not saying they will do this, but it is a possibility.

Unlike many people I don't have a serious issue over the money grab controversy. I have been able to enjoy myself immensely being just a F2P person. I have had more than enough enjoyment to be willing to buy from the C-Store and not feel like I have been ripped off.

I have even managed to aquire 10 master keys off the exchange for electronic credits allowing me to avoid spending C-Points, or cash on them. Only used three of them so far as I made myself stick to the rule that I will only open a gold box.

I say give Cryptic some time. Going F2P has rubbed many people the wrong way who have had subscriptions and lifetime accounts and I will agree those in that boat have had it rough, but from the perspective of a player who bought the game at launch and paid a subscription for over 100 days before getting tired of it I have to say that I am pleasently surprised and happy with the new F2P format so far.

I'll probably get flamed for this post, but it is honestly how I feel.