Lt. Commander
# 1 Required Respec
11-04-2011, 06:31 PM
I can't spend all of my skill points, I always end up with either an extra 50 or 100 skill points that can't be spent. The first problem begins with the first column or Tier 1 skills. In order to be promoted from Lieutenant to Lieutenant Commander, one must spend 6700 skill points. Unfortunately, the minimum number of skill points that can be spent to achieve this is 6750. The extra 50 skill points spent then screws any possibility of being able to evenly spend all 72,700 skill points evenly. If you have 100 skill points left over, you won't be promoted to LG/VA. This problem can only be solved by either changing the cost per skill, or by providing a higher number of skill points that can be used.

Furthermore, it is impossible to balance skill points between space and ground abilities in a meaningful way. If a player wants to have decent space skills, they must give up putting points into ground abilities, and vice-verse.

Finally, what happened to all the rank based skill rewards that we earned like Evasive Maneuvers, EPS Transfer, Nadian Inversion, etc. Did they all get taken away? This leaves huge holes in our skills and abilities in-game.

One question that begs to be asked; Did any of the Devs actually test this to see that all of their skill points could be spent evenly?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-04-2011, 06:45 PM
my LG klingon managed to spend all skillpoints with none leftover. also they raised the skill point cap a little bit. make sure your at the full cap as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-04-2011, 06:55 PM
What is seriously needed is a test window for evaluating the best build before making the numbers permanent. It is more difficult to achieve the desired balance from LT to VA in one shot, than it was when you built up from rank to rank. You knew how many points you had to spend on each level as you progressed, and then you add the faster burn rate with the 50% addition to the levels. The additional point requirements at the highest ranks makes it hard to achieve the balance equivalent to the old build. I say that the increase should not be more the 25% and the overall points needs to go up to 75,000.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Respec
11-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
my LG klingon managed to spend all skillpoints with none leftover. also they raised the skill point cap a little bit. make sure your at the full cap as well.

I am not sure what you mean by "they also raised the skill point cap". I still only see 72,700 as the maximum number of skill points that can be spent. I am not the only person who's had issues trying to spend all skill ponits with none left over. Several of my fleet members have also been unable to spend all points without leaving 50 or 100 points unspent with no place to put them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawby View Post
I am not sure what you mean by "they also raised the skill point cap". I still only see 72,700 as the maximum number of skill points that can be spent. I am not the only person who's had issues trying to spend all skill ponits with none left over. Several of my fleet members have also been unable to spend all points without leaving 50 or 100 points unspent with no place to put them.
on my LG the max is 72,750 ....
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-04-2011, 08:29 PM
I've had no problems with this system, I managed to spend all skills points on both my Captain 9 and VA 1 characters (at VA1 you need to one extra mission - I did azura, as they've increased the total points cap).

Also all the abilities are still there, I haven't lost anything on either of my characters. I've heard other people complain about this in game, I've told them to do the same thing and it's fixed it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-04-2011, 08:31 PM
If you have 50 unspent points left over and it shows your cap as 72,700, go kill some borg or run a doff mission- they raised the cap by 50 points, but you don't get the xp to meet the new cap for free, so as a result it appears as though they're idiots when they have in fact already dealt with this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-05-2011, 06:04 AM
The Training Columns used to all be divisible by 100. Column 1 was 100 each, Column 2 was 200 each, 3, 300 each, 4, 400 each, and 5 was 500 each.

Are they now not divisible by 100?
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-05-2011, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
If you have 50 unspent points left over and it shows your cap as 72,700, go kill some borg or run a doff mission- they raised the cap by 50 points, but you don't get the xp to meet the new cap for free, so as a result it appears as though they're idiots when they have in fact already dealt with this issue.
I have 72,750 Skill Points....I have run several DOFF missions as well as a delta vol. mission... and for the THIRD time now I allocate all my points and still cant get the ACCEPT button to highlight. What gives?
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
The Training Columns used to all be divisible by 100. Column 1 was 100 each, Column 2 was 200 each, 3, 300 each, 4, 400 each, and 5 was 500 each.

Are they now not divisible by 100?
WOW! The third column now takes 450 Points per. The numbers need some real reviewing to see if there is any way to get them to distribute evenly now.