Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Title says it all. The change is a serious nerf to all end game ships and totally game changing. I can't even get close to the spec I run on my ships, I lose points in everything, hull, shields, power levels, damage. It's never a good idea to alienate your existing playerbase to bring in "new" players. Seriously, place a few calls to SOE and ask them how well it worked for them. But you better call them before December 15th.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
11-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Agreed, the skill revamp reeks with fail.
Plus to make it worse, they are "forcing" us to buy respecs from the C-Store, wasting either C-Points or Dilithium in the process, instead of the perfectly fine merit/honor system that did not need to be removed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
11-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgrey77 View Post
Title says it all. The change is a serious nerf to all end game ships and totally game changing. I can't even get close to the spec I run on my ships, I lose points in everything, hull, shields, power levels, damage. It's never a good idea to alienate your existing playerbase to bring in "new" players. Seriously, place a few calls to SOE and ask them how well it worked for them. But you better call before before December 15th.
Can you please explain what you mean by "nerf all end game ships?" Also, clarify what makes it game changing. It would also help to know what spec exactly you are running.

Based on what you've said, I don't understand how this is alienating the existing player base. This is just a much simpler skill tree. It's closer to what WoW did about 6 months in to its run than SW's NGE. The change should help negate the need for a respec, which is what the player base has asked been asking for.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
11-04-2011, 08:01 PM
To the OP,
I do not agree.
As a tactical I have little problems recreating my old build concept in part.
The only area I have lost in is CC based defenses.
It was the sacrifice to give my build durabilty and DPS potential.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
11-04-2011, 08:06 PM
I dislike the new skill systems, but I'm not going to call it the STO NGE. It doesn't fundamentally change the way the game is played, nor changes the game in any fundamental way period.

But then that's my problem with it. It hasn't actually fixed many of the problems they were claiming to fix, and in fact have exasperated some of the problems from the old system. But its certainly not the NGE. I dislike the system as its set up, especially with the new skill point cost increase, but its not all that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
11-04-2011, 08:16 PM
NGE. No. It doesn't remotely resemble the massive game scrambling that was NGE. Thus the OP's point has failed.

Now if you were to compare it to the City of Heroes Global Defense Nerfs (GDN), or even Enhancement Diversification (ED), I might take the point a bit more seriously.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
11-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
NGE. No. It doesn't remotely resemble the massive game scrambling that was NGE. Thus the OP's point has failed.

Now if you were to compare it to the City of Heroes Global Defense Nerfs (GDN), or even Enhancement Diversification (ED), I might take the point a bit more seriously.
Agreed. Nowhere close to an 'NGE' change.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
11-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffs View Post
I dislike the new skill systems, but I'm not going to call it the STO NGE. It doesn't fundamentally change the way the game is played, nor changes the game in any fundamental way period.

But then that's my problem with it. It hasn't actually fixed many of the problems they were claiming to fix, and in fact have exasperated some of the problems from the old system. But its certainly not the NGE. I dislike the system as its set up, especially with the new skill point cost increase, but its not all that.
What do you mean? Everything about the game is changing. And sorry the new skill system is not just bad, but terrible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
11-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgrey77 View Post
What do you mean? Everything about the game is changing. And sorry the new skill system is not just bad, but terrible.
It is? Space ships now fly like fighters and you need a joystick/throttle to play them like flight sims? Ground combat is now true FPS like Modern Combat/Battlefield/whatever?

Or, do you mean the skill system has been changed like other games change their Talent systems occasionally (which, really, is what this skill system is). Hardly as game breaking as one would think.

Plus, *everybody* is in the same boat (ship?). So, its not as if you, personally, were the only one who needs to figure out the skill system.

And, I'm glad that we know the system is *terrible* after only half a day or so of testing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
11-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
To the OP,
I do not agree.
As a tactical I have little problems recreating my old build concept in part.
The only area I have lost in is CC based defenses.
It was the sacrifice to give my build durabilty and DPS potential.
My escort was always surviveable before, loss of CC based defense is the worst thing that could happen to an escort....or anybody really with all these sci ships and sci captains flying round....

As far as this being similar to the NGE...Im going to have to agree with that. Total change of the skill system, to the point where you cannot even get close to your old build....well seems damn familiar to me.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:15 PM.