Lt. Commander
# 1 New Doff System Sucks
11-04-2011, 10:51 PM
I don't know if its a bug, but assignments no longer have specializations only crew categories. You can no longer effect the outcomes just throw whatever into the slots and wish them the best of luck.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-04-2011, 10:52 PM
I hope this is a bug. Old one is way better and easy to understand.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-05-2011, 12:27 AM
It is a bug. I was already noted as such.

A dev left a message of the day in the chat that stated it was a known issue, when I logged into tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-05-2011, 12:42 AM
This is going to sound negative, but I'm posting it anyway.

The DOFF system is great. Heretic has put a huge amount of work into it, and it really shows. I cannot fault what he has done. I am looking forward to it hitting Holodeck.

However, my fear is that 'PWyptic' bosses will see it and start making 'suggestions' to 'make it better' and then basically end up ruining it before it ever hits live.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-05-2011, 12:55 AM
I also don't like how you have to individually select each mission to "collect rewards"...

Takes 3x as long to complete the missions when I log on, because It won't auto-scroll through so I can just collect them nice and quickly!
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-05-2011, 01:48 AM
It's a bug. We are aiming to get it fixed early next week.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=239660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish1
However, my fear is that 'PWyptic' bosses will see it and start making 'suggestions' to 'make it better' and then basically end up ruining it before it ever hits live.
Perfect World has, in fact, looked at the system. Their primary input was wanting to more effort into making it intuitive and understandable for new players. Needless to say, I definitely don't have any objections to this.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-05-2011, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostamojen View Post
I also don't like how you have to individually select each mission to "collect rewards"...

Takes 3x as long to complete the missions when I log on, because It won't auto-scroll through so I can just collect them nice and quickly!
+1

Not fun to click on every single mission to complete it. The method of auto-selecting the next finished mission after you collected the rewards was much better. Imho it would be a improvement to go back to the old mechanism if possible.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-05-2011, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Perfect World has, in fact, looked at the system. Their primary input was wanting to more effort into making it intuitive and understandable for new players. Needless to say, I definitely don't have any objections to this.
Can I object to it in the interest of contrariness?
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
It is a bug. I was already noted as such.

A dev left a message of the day in the chat that stated it was a known issue, when I logged into tribble.
Nice.... glad to hear that. I actually like the way it was on the first iteration. Where specialties, Rarity, and skills made a difference to success chances. I think they (devs) will be heading back that way....
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Is not being able to move up/collect rewards for reaching tier 1 in development part of this bug? If not I'd need to submit a report. :^D