Lt. Commander
# 1 Different weapon types now?
11-05-2011, 04:03 AM
Hi Guys

Due to the change to the new space skills does this mean i can without a dps loss mix my weapons loadout, for example can i have 2x disruptor cannons 1x plasma cannon and 1x phaser cannon and do the same dps and say 4x disruptor?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-05-2011, 04:18 AM
the skill now applies to all energy weapons, so unless the weapons themselves have special modifiers they should be roughly the same DPS. though regular heavy or quad im sure theres a slight difference based on that though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-05-2011, 04:23 AM
Phasers will still be more prevalent, despite the skill change.

What does that tell you about their proc, cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-05-2011, 04:29 AM
yes you can shoot rainbows now
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-05-2011, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
Phasers will still be more prevalent, despite the skill change.

What does that tell you about their proc, cryptic?
It may also have something to do with missions like "Everything Old Is New Again"
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-05-2011, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
yes you can shoot rainbows now
Not as efficiently with the Tactical console changes, which is why I believe they were instituted.

And who cares if someone wants to shoot a rainbow? Its' not like half the character and ship names in this game don't already ruin immersion.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkilleen
Hi Guys

Due to the change to the new space skills does this mean i can without a dps loss mix my weapons loadout, for example can i have 2x disruptor cannons 1x plasma cannon and 1x phaser cannon and do the same dps and say 4x disruptor?
nope because cannon consoles give less of an advantage than straight up disrupter consoles.

if you want all the special abilities that come with each type you need to sacrifice some dps
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-05-2011, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkilleen
Hi Guys

No, not yet.

The weapon type specific tactical consoles still exist. The only way to boost damage with all your weapons with tactical consoles now would require you to use the new energy damage buff consoles, but these provide a lower bonus. So you're still losing damage.

It is now easier to switch damage types, as you don't need to respec, just need new consoles. But that's it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-06-2011, 07:07 AM
Changing console does make it easy now
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-06-2011, 07:25 AM
One question that addresses an assumption...

Are we certain that tac console buffs stack? In other words...if I have a Raptor with four disruptor consoles, do I actually get a +26 x 4 bonus (+104) to my disruptors, or is there an equation of diminishing returns built into the system in that each follow-on console of the same type actually provides less of a buff for the follow-on consoles?

If there is..then it actually might be more efficient to have either a beam or cannon general console, and then a specific weapons class console.

Need to test this -- and I will next time I am on Tribble...but if the consoles do not 100% stack...then the implications are obvious in that tac consoles will likely be mixed as well between specific weapons class and "general" beam/cannon consoles...