Lt. Commander
# 1 F2P C-Store
11-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Hi, I was thinking about the C-Store and all the stuff that will be added to it after F2P. Will we get "Free to gold member" items in the C-store like you do in Champions? I dont mean every item but 1 or 2 items a month (costumes) or something that will be free to gold members but silvers will have to pay for.

I say 1 or 2 items a month because I get the feeling the C-Store will go in to overdrive when F2P gets here and as I said, its done like this in Champions + they get the free 400c points.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Probably the Frequency Remodulators from the replicators only
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Highly doubt that there is any C-Store items that will be free to gold members. I am of the opinion that the only reason that the gold membership exists is because of lifers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Highly doubt that there is any C-Store items that will be free to gold members. I am of the opinion that the only reason that the gold membership exists is because of lifers.
Agree, Cryptic isn't interested in 'Gold Monthly Paying Players'
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-06-2011, 10:35 PM
There is also the fact that gold members get 400 Cryptic Points each month so they can get a free C-Store ship every month to 5 months depending on price.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Didnt you hear the cheapest ship will now cost you over 10k CP? /sarcasm
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
There is also the fact that gold members get 400 Cryptic Points each month so they can get a free C-Store ship every month to 5 months depending on price.
And gold members for Champions get 400 Cryptic points a month +free stuff in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-11-2011, 03:50 AM
The only "free" C-Store item Gold members will get (that I am aware of) is the Frequency Remodulator.

For that matter, if you read the posted comparison list, Gold members (whether subscibers or lifers) have very few perks over Silver Players. Silver members have full access to all mission content, can raise just as far as anyone else, and have just as much ability to get virtually any item in the game as anyone else.

Do you honestly think that there won't be Silver members taking advantage of being able to make only the purchaces that they want? Pay-to-Win isn't just limited to those who wish to remain subscribers you know, and now frugal Pay-to-Winners will no longer have to pay for anything extra that doesn't help them keep their desired cutting edge.

And so what is Gold members get 400 C-Points a month? That's what? $5.oo worth of C-Points a month that guess what? Silver members will actually be able to trade for with in the new game currency of dilithium! Which you willl be able to earn in game without having to spend any real world cash on it, unless, you know, you decide to buy C-Points in order to do so. Just by taking time to actually play the game and do the missions that earn dilithium. Exploration comes to mind, and most of the new DOFF system missions also earn dilithium, so once you reach Commander 3, you have a crew you can direct to go out and earn dilitium for you even while you are off line.

And Guess what? That's another thing Silver members will get for free. Everybody will get about 20 Duty Officers upon reaching Commander 3. Sure, those with more money than patience might buy one or more 7 DOFF pack that the C-Store will offer before then, but you don't have to! The DOFF missions themselves are available before then, and the DOFF recruitment missions (that usually net you 2 Duty Officers at a time) don't actually require that you actually assign Duty Officers to them. Meaning anyone, on a lark, can just go to Earth or Qo'Nos, see which recruitment missions are avalable, accept them, and wander off knowing that once the mission timer is done, their little workforce will arrive at their ship no matter where they are!

And since DOFFs will be just as tradable as BOFFS, they will be on the exchange as well, meaning anyone can get them, at any time.

What will Gold members get?

Full access to the Foundry, which lets players generate mission content that everyone can play. Yes - Gold members are paying for the priviledge of doing work that developers get paid to do. And thanks to that system, STO has more game content avaiable for all players than it would have had otherwise, and will continue to gain mission content for as long as it has Gold member players.

Is a measly 400 C-Point stipend for players with more access to actually create more playable content really that much to complain about?

Er... I'm done ranting now... <.<;;
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-11-2011, 03:54 AM
Quote:
This.
Pitifully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USSDelphin
And gold members for Champions get 400 Cryptic points a month +free stuff in the C-Store.
The issue is the CO f2p model was done by people who are actually competent and cared about delivering something for the money people invest.
STOs F2P is done... by Perfect world.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
We do? That is fantastic!