Lt. Commander
# 21
11-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaqua
It seems to work just fine for Fox News. :p

But... no, I'm not advocating negativity. Just objectiveness.
Those with an inherent BS detector are just as turned away.

I would still like to hear someone explain the 'pro' reason for the tagging of dilithium to crafting. That way a 'reasonable' compromise can be addressed.
You keep adding fuel to the fire here, if you don't advocate negativity go back through this thread and read what you've put into it. Do it objectively.

To answer your question the rationale behind the crafting was to keep players from bypassing the dillithium system and acessing top end gear as soon as they hit Max level.

Lets not bog the thread down with an endless back and forth on the morality of that choice. There are other threads for that. Instead lets accept that its going to be a factor, and come up with ideas to make it less punitive to fleets and something we can live with. So far limiting crafting to blue quality items seems like a more realistic suggestion.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Startruck thank you so much for posting this! I had been thinking that it might be time for another STO Podcaster's Summit. The last one went well but wasn't very focused. This idea of yours would be a great way to do it. I will start discussing the idea with our team and as many of the other shows that I can get a response from.

I will post in here when I have news. Thanks again for being a voice for civility and progress.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startruck
...snip....
You know what? You're right. I'm much too hurt, disappointed and saddened to see something I love to be treated in this manner to have any shred of objectivity anymore.

Sorry to troll your thread. I need to leave this place for a long, long time.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-07-2011, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaqua
You know what? You're right. I'm much too hurt, disappointed and saddened to see something I love to be treated in this manner to have any shred of objectivity anymore.

Sorry to troll your thread. I need to leave this place for a long, long time.
Hey man, don't stress it, I was right there a week ago, just look at my post history!
Thing was I guess after posting for weeks about the auto refinement issue all of a sudden I hear on stoked they talk about it and then right after the devs get on it...well I guess that was enough of a motivator for me to see the possibility that we might not get to roll back changes, but we may just be able to find compromises. If you do stick around in the thread just take that love for the game and channel it into supporting what you think are good ideas, If we can direct that energy I think we can get some results.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-07-2011, 02:09 AM
I agree... i was thinking for a while now that the Podcasts should point out current and old bugs that need fixing, so that it gets heard by the Dev's... and if a month goes by without fix -> mention it AGAIN.

Highlighting suggestions on the Forum that would make sense is also a very good idea, especially since lately there are very few. When this game was new the forum was full of suggestions and ideas, lately nobody goes through the trouble anymore because the schedule of the Dev's seems so tight that nothing new can be squeezed in there for at least another 5 Seasons.

I think the community at this point is just waiting for the content drought to be OVER... and the F2P conversion that holds everything new off to be OVER. Get it done, then we can talk GAME again.

I also am sick of all this F2P conversion madness... just get it over with so we can move on already.

Featured Series 4 and Borg Ground Red Alerts... GO!
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Hmmmm podcast summit part 2. I think we can make that happen. More info coming soon

Thanks
Cohas
Redshirt Army
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-08-2011, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startruck
Hey guys, I have listened to all your respective podcasts for as long as you've alll been making them, and I've enjoyed them very much.

Lately the tone has been pretty much a reflection of the forums and mood of the players in general, and lets face it..for those of us that have been here for a while things are looking grim.

I think the last episode of STOked and Podcast UCG however had some good ideas in them, and hey, finally after a long battle of posts and debates the guys on STOked talked about something many people in the feedback forums have been working at..auto refinment for subscribers.

I was happy to see that shortly afterwords we got a post stating that they decided that was a good idea and it went ahead.

Lets not beat around the bush here...anyone remotely interested in STO listens to your podcasts on a regular basis, and we also know developers do as well.

My challenge to you all is to help the people that are trying to highlight realistic suggestions in the feedback forums so that those ideas that might make free to play less painful, and better for the game as a whole get heard.

There is a lot of posts in there, and good ideas are getting buried under mountains of this sucks, and I'm quitting.

If you guys could work together and get the best ideas out of that mess and onto the shows, maybe more people would be inclined to add their support and we can get things like crafting sorted out.

Unless the long term players get one very loud voice together and soon, the window of opportunity is going to slip by and were all going to be hosed. We need your help fellas, we really do, there is no more direct method than the medium you use.

We all need to stop arguing about what is, and start talking about what needs to be.
Tribbles in Ecstasy provides a well balanced.... argument every week. We take people out of the audience and get there views. I would be glad to help this cause out in any way.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-08-2011, 10:12 AM
We need stoked and the other podcasters to act for the community. Not being funny, but for a while they have been "free" advertising for cryptic and could almost be fanboyish.

We do not have anyone who will fully support us, and speak on our behalf to the devs, that much is clear.

We basically need a community rep that isn't on cryptics payroll, maybe then, some changes might start happening....
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
We need stoked and the other podcasters to act for the community.
We are all working on the next Summit. There should be concrete news very soon. As the community has more than one opinion on what is and should be happening, our hope is that with all the hosts present, everyone will have a voice and representation of their ideas!

When we have the details confirmed for the show, we will start a thread which announces it and which will serve as a collection point for the communities best ideas, past and present, on how individual community members think the Free to Play conversion should proceed.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-08-2011, 04:13 PM
thanks for responding guys, your contributions to the community are very appreciated.