Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
11-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I didn't say it was gimped or not fun, just so slow as to defy reason.
Well it is a carrier after all. Maybe if we also tagged it as "System Monitor" that would help????
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Well it is a carrier after all. Maybe if we also tagged it as "System Monitor" that would help????
Well until it gots its Dev loving back kinda, it was known as Bait for a long time. :p
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-08-2011, 10:39 PM
what do you mean by that? bait is not a term i would or ever could even consider a proper name for the carrier. the carrier has always been good and one of the best ships in the game no matter what.

o and if by (bait) you mean some kind of joke that i never found out about then sry.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Quote:
I didn't say it was gimped or not fun, just so slow as to defy reason.
Well the carrier maybe as long as a Romulan Warbird (should be but isn't in STO) but it's actually far more massive since it isn't hallow inside.

http://suricatasblog.files.wordpress...gonships18.png

It's the only ship that can play chicken with a D'deridex and win.

So it's not actually defying reason it's actually quite reasonable when you think about it.
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Not really the right term actually.
A monitor, as they were employed in more recent times, were ships that had several properties
of a captical ship from armor to armament yet lacked something very important: a decent engine.
That was what had to be minimized due to the size of the ship.
The Klingon carrier is actually quite fast when it wants to.
And unlike an actual monitor it can go to other places within a reasonable amount of time.
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-09-2011, 12:19 AM
I love the carrier, no other ship offers a totally different mechanic so late in the game, and its one of the few incentives and rewards that Klingon players have to keep them viable as a faction. Thanks to Capt Logan i think if it wasn't for that exclusive aspect, the empire would have folded.
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-09-2011, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarhamen View Post
what do you mean by that? bait is not a term i would or ever could even consider a proper name for the carrier. the carrier has always been good and one of the best ships in the game no matter what.

o and if by (bait) you mean some kind of joke that i never found out about then sry.
In the old days, The carrier would go first in a Que or in Ker'rat to bait the less patient Feds into attacking so the cloaked KDF could jump them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Well the carrier maybe as long as a Romulan Warbird (should be but isn't in STO) but it's actually far more massive since it isn't hallow inside.

http://suricatasblog.files.wordpress...gonships18.png

It's the only ship that can play chicken with a D'deridex and win.

So it's not actually defying reason it's actually quite reasonable when you think about it.
Nope reason is defied. It must stand outside with common sense and rationality until someone lets them in. :p
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Nope reason is defied. It must stand outside with common sense and rationality until someone lets them in. :p
I can already imagine it:

A cold afternoon, snow falling form the sky.
Three unfortunate dudes, "Reason", "Common Sense" and "Rationality" standing in front of a door.
With chattering teeth they are trying to get the new electronic lock that wasn't there yesterday to open the door.
Majel Roddenberry's voice keeps responding to their frantic attempts with a calm "acces denied" while Roach looks out through the window, with a keycard in one hand..and a screwdriver in the other saying to himself
"It's good to be bad sometimes."
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
I can already imagine it:

A cold afternoon, snow falling form the sky.
Three unfortunate dudes, "Reason", "Common Sense" and "Rationality" standing in front of a door.
With chattering teeth they are trying to get the new electronic lock that wasn't there yesterday to open the door.
Majel Roddenberry's voice keeps responding to their frantic attempts with a calm "acces denied" while Roach looks out through the window, with a keycard in one hand..and a screwdriver in the other saying to himself
"It's good to be bad sometimes."
Have you been talking to my Therapists?

As long as the lesser known Angels of the Accopalyse do not show up we're ok.
I still owe the Angel of "things that need a good Thumping to make them work" money.
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-09-2011, 05:51 PM
ooooooo ok ty for the info. i never knew thats what i was doing. i always just wonted to show off my uber pvp pro ness and what not. most of the time i would go in guns blazeing and my team mates would be lucky to even have scrap to shoot at .

one of the sad things is that a year ago i would only match or have about 100,000 more damage then the bops and raptors but now its more like 300,000+ every match. really shows how the KDF have changed .