Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon starting with no EC?
10-26-2011, 10:13 AM
Considering klingons start at higher rank it might be helpful if they either start with some EC at the beginning or that the starter missions give them some so they can retrain their boffs before they head out. Being stuck with just what ever is given to you from the get go is rather difficult considering you'll have to wait awhile until you can make use of your boffs which you can already promote from the start. Slight oversight if you ask me
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-26-2011, 10:26 AM
As much as I can see the validity of your point, the reality is that this will never happen. KDF toons starting at commander still gets the same 3 basic common BOffs as we got at Lt 6, that should be the bigger change that gets addressed first, give us a few decent starting BOffs or a few more and let us choose which ones we want to take. After all, feds get to choose during the tutorial, and then for the next several story missions again and again...why must every KDF captain have the exact same 3 BOffs?
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-26-2011, 10:31 AM
having an option to not start with boff powers i can't use would be a sufficient concession to not getting EC to train them how i need them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Well I can live with No EC... if they gave me a choice of kits to pick from as well as BOffs, or even just somehow arranging so I get three BOffs, but three free BOff respecs.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jentai View Post
Considering klingons start at higher rank it might be helpful if they either start with some EC at the beginning or that the starter missions give them some so they can retrain their boffs before they head out. Being stuck with just what ever is given to you from the get go is rather difficult considering you'll have to wait awhile until you can make use of your boffs which you can already promote from the start. Slight oversight if you ask me
Just store a couple of deflectors, impulse drives and shields from your fed toon and mail them to the KDF toon. Have him recycle it. I have done this on Holodeck to give a starting KDF character around 100k EC to setup uniforms and buy basic equipment from vendors.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keppoch
Just store a couple of deflectors, impulse drives and shields from your fed toon and mail them to the KDF toon. Have him recycle it. I have done this on Holodeck to give a starting KDF character around 100k EC to setup uniforms and buy basic equipment from vendors.
run them over to the vendor in the bar and sell them. More money that way.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-26-2011, 01:52 PM
thats not the only thing they dont start with. For some reason i got 3 boffs and then no more. Im almost Major Gen 4 and I've not received even ONE new officer mission like you get on the fed side. The only way I got more boffs was generous donations.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
thats not the only thing they dont start with. For some reason i got 3 boffs and then no more. Im almost Major Gen 4 and I've not received even ONE new officer mission like you get on the fed side. The only way I got more boffs was generous donations.
Zero was in ITS chat the other day and mentioned that for KDF characters created since the last update, should be getting Boffs normally on level up. KDF characters created before 10/20 are still broke. Unfortunately, mine is a pre 10/20 KDF and thus is still broke.

-Keppoch
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Just a quick note: I started testing a KDF today & got 4 BOffs to start with, not 3. There was one of each class & I got to choose the class of the 4th. I've also been receiving new BOffs pretty rapidly as I level.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xablis
As much as I can see the validity of your point, the reality is that this will never happen. KDF toons starting at commander still gets the same 3 basic common BOffs as we got at Lt 6, that should be the bigger change that gets addressed first, give us a few decent starting BOffs or a few more and let us choose which ones we want to take. After all, feds get to choose during the tutorial, and then for the next several story missions again and again...why must every KDF captain have the exact same 3 BOffs?
I agree with this. We need better BOffs and more choice in the matter, especially considering we start with eight, not four BOff slots to fill now.