Lt. Commander
# 1 Boost Warp Core Breach
11-06-2011, 02:05 PM
This might come across sarcastic, given how poorly the friendly fire mechanic for heavy torpedoes and mines has been received, but I've kind of wanted this for a while. I'd like to see Warp Core Breaches receive a significant boost in their potential damage, radius of effect, and visual representation.

These should be dangerous to anyone (everyone) within a range of 5km or so. Let chance, or even ship engine type, contribute to the chance for a breach to rock anything withing 3km or up to 7km. People should see a ship going critical and have to decide whether or not they are going to risk doing what they are doing or GTFO.

Right now we all pretty much blow up the same way and it doesn't matter to anyone else whose core isn't going critical. I want to see different types of explosions, including the bad *** ball of destructive light rapidly expanding and consuming everything in it's path.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Sorry Hale, gotta disagree. A team using movement control (eg. mass GW, TB, EWP) is already too powerful. What you suggest would be an enormous buff to teams like the Pandas who don't need it. If anything we should be trying to level the playing field and narrow the skill gap, not widen it by making instant team wipes the norm.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-06-2011, 02:49 PM
remember, they decreased the damage and the number of targets that warp core hits thanks to "quick level" missions hehehe
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-06-2011, 02:55 PM
I just want people to think twice before they kill me.

Maybe the more significant damage could just be a slim, random chance. Maybe the real effect could be a bit of a shock wave, repel. Either way, I want my fluffy explosions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-06-2011, 03:17 PM
I like this idea. For those worried about team wipes if the breach was more harmful to the victors than the victim's team might help out the pugs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelight04
I like this idea. For those worried about team wipes if the breach was more harmful to the victors than the victim's team might help out the pugs.
this sounds like it may just encourage even MOAR healing in the game...
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Greetings,

I support this idea.

Yours in Realistic Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-06-2011, 07:52 PM
They should add "warp core breach" as a T1 skill on the new tree. If you put in 9 points everything in the system gets destroyed, and maybe even ships in different instances (since it would be so powerful it would warp space time).
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
They should add "warp core breach" as a T1 skill on the new tree. If you put in 9 points everything in the system gets destroyed, and maybe even ships in different instances (since it would be so powerful it would warp space time).
or better yet, make that useless abandon ship skill increase the damage. that way you have to take the risk of accidently killing yourselfto try to take someone else out?
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-06-2011, 08:49 PM
I would support warp core breach being more dangerous if every ship in the game didn't die like this.

But as the devs have said in the past, that's how it accounts for an NPC or player being dead.

Also warp core breech damage could be improved in the overall weapons range was increased, the way it is now you're usually in close proximity to a target when it detonates, be it pvp or pve.