Lt. Commander
# 11
11-06-2011, 09:53 PM
For this to be as awesome as it needs to be, larger the warp core, larger the explosion. A Defiant would cause 1/3 the damage of a Galaxy due to the sheer difference in the size of the ship.

But also on the topic of improving PVP in general (which can be worked with this ^^ proposal) would be the limits on deaths in PVP.. .

****Hypothetical (Don't kill me)****

While in a space arena, each player would get a certain number of "lives" (Like in a game like Pac Man) determined by the type of map or by the leader of a private match. Limits could be as low as one, making each battle be one battle and not 15 or more like our current arenas. I feel in general there should be only one life during a PVP match, excluding Cap n Hold (due to the nature of the minigame).

When a player is destroyed (or runs out of lives) they would not be given the option to respawn, in turn they would have the option to "free float" (Like in a FPS) between the remaining team members points of view and observe the rest of the PVP match, or the option to leave the map/team or both.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-06-2011, 10:22 PM
I support this especially regarding Abandon Ship. It should deal significantly more damage than it currently does. They shut down a Doomsday Device with that. They always have it as the most wicked last resort and biggest bomb and it is HARD to get off an Abandon Ship.

It should also scale heavily with the size of the ship. Fighter? Who cares... BoP? Once again worthless... Carrier goes Critical... Bye-Bye.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Boost Torp Spread III make it fire 15 Quantum Torps at 10 targets(150 torps at once) LOL
While we are at BO III fires your phasers at 1000% Increase for 30 seconds

/sarcasm
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-07-2011, 01:08 AM
No.

Mustrum "This post was brought to you by the /target Hale Initiative" Ridcully
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-07-2011, 02:20 AM
In regards to abandon ship:

I actually like the idea, but it should be clearable with engineering team (success based on level of engineering team). It could be triggered with auto destruct. Hypothetically could be an awesome lead in to an "Eject warp core" ability (if you happen to run no engineering teams or they are on cooldown). The chance of the effect being triggered should be very low as well.

I sort of wish there was a user toggle that would enable some battle cinematics of consoles exploding on your bridge, or a torpedo blowing through your hull (when you are slammed with a critical hit) during combat. Either in a small window or full screen. The toggle would ensure a PvP match isn't disrupted, and the PvE combat would be a touch more "Trek".

But if we want to added this bit of "realism" wouldn't it be better to address the fact that a ship is 100% combat effective no matter what condition it is in?

In regards to the free view mode with lives:

Talking about a whole new PvP mode. If healing and focus fire were more balanced then it might work but as is the current mechanics would need some serious love to prevent the match being one sided.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-07-2011, 09:12 AM
I agree and I want this. How many time in the TV shows did you see them just sit around at 1KM from a warp core breach? They always went to warp to get out of the way. It's a warp core ffs, it's got a lot fo energy and it should do a lot more damage than ~800 damage to my left shield facing.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Just admit it Sarek u always die when some ship explodes in ur 2km range.

Kthxbye.

Good idea btw .
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-07-2011, 01:07 PM
I think you should have to sacrifice a Vulcan doff to get out of the way of a warp core breach, or lose the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
I think you should have to sacrifice a Vulcan doff to get out of the way of a warp core breach, or lose the ship.
That is if you only have a sliver of hull left
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-07-2011, 02:16 PM
If the chances of the expolsing were significantly reduced, say 33% chance of happening, I see nothing wrong with the damage being reduced. As it ism this would just be ridiculous.