Lt. Commander
Well I have just renewed my Star Trek Online subscription for a month but I'm having a bit of a problem. Well at first I was happily playing the game and everything worked fine. But then all of a sudden I got disconnected from the server and it wont let me login. It says that "Connection to the account server timed out please contact support" so whats going on?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDdgamerxX
Well I have just renewed my Star Trek Online subscription for a month but I'm having a bit of a problem. Well at first I was happily playing the game and everything worked fine. But then all of a sudden I got disconnected from the server and it wont let me login. It says that "Connection to the account server timed out please contact support" so whats going on?
It does that to me also except I can log back on but after a few mins it logs me back off again.
What's going on here?
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDdgamerxX

I am having that same issue, and the support section is clueless in trying to identify the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-02-2011, 04:38 PM
it sounds like a problem with your internet connection, check your firewall and call your ISP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-02-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm not gettin past the character select screen. I can select the character I wanna play, but then I get disconnected from the login server. I can log into another MMO with NO issues.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-03-2011, 09:26 AM
I've been having the same issues for about a week now. Even posted a thread about it. The strange thing is that I was about to play the TOR beta perfectly fine, but STO just doesn't want to load past the character selection screen.

It probably doesn't help that I'm deployed at the moment.
Lt. Commander
Since after the first long period of maintainence I think this issue started with me. I may be wrong it may have been the patch but I've played a while now without this.

Every 10-15 minutes

But what made me come on here is it was happening within a minute for a while.

I have laptop running along side it and keep checking that. No loss of signal and I quickly open another page without issues there.

What ISP is everyone using???

Virgin Media here
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-14-2011, 12:51 AM
This is not an ISP issue. I have machines on three ISP, one a state network, and each have more than one MMO running successfully. It has been happening to a lot of friends as well.

It seems that some accounts are not getting in as well as other accounts, and the fault is likely in the account servers. Lifetime accounts seems to be having more problems.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-14-2011, 06:40 AM
Can confirm, this is not an ISP issue.

I have no problems logging into any other game - and I haven't had any problems logging into STO until the recent patches.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi

Been playing another MMO most of the year and came back to STO and suddenly I keep getting disconnected and I have this crackling clicking sound noise. Kinda makes it very difficult to play I have to say. My other MMO and the one before that for many many years all work fine and we have even had the exchange updated in the last month here for a faster service. So unless it clears I guess I am stuck playing my other MMOs. Shame really.