Lt. Commander
# 11 Administrator
12-14-2011, 12:58 PM
This sounds like an issue i had some time back after the switch to win7.
Make sure you have the "Star trek Online" file set to "run as administrator"

file location:
C:/
Program Files(x86)/ or Users/Public/Games/
Crypitic Studios/Star Trek Online

Right click/ Run as administrator
Then right click again
/Properties
compatability, Check box " Run this program as an administrator

Hope that helps!
/salute
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-15-2011, 06:39 AM
Nope ... sadly ... didn't solve the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Turn off the proxy. I was haveing the same issue with EU proxy and the turning off helped me.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-22-2011, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akalayus
but STO just doesn't want to load past the character selection screen. .
I am connected via the EU proxy (so my ingame text chat does not freeze up all the time) , and I too have had this issue for the last week or so (maybe a little more) .

I try to log in and I don't even get to the character selection screen .
It just stalls until the eventual "connection has timed out" pops up after a minute or two .
I try to log in again and again and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not .
As I don't have all the time in the world , I sometimes just stop trying .
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-22-2011, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
I am connected via the EU proxy (so my ingame text chat does not freeze up all the time) , and I too have had this issue for the last week or so (maybe a little more) .

I try to log in and I don't even get to the character selection screen .
It just stalls until the eventual "connection has timed out" pops up after a minute or two .
I try to log in again and again and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not .
As I don't have all the time in the world , I sometimes just stop trying .
Having the same problem right now too.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-22-2011, 07:00 AM
I am life time account holder. I can not login to any Cryptic based webpage. I can not log into STO.

This is not ISP related. I am able to get to the Cryptic Border Router of 216.52.61.78 before my packets are being dropped. Apparently from others traces done I am 1 hop from the Web server that hosts startrekonline.com. (IP 208.95.185.44). As I am using a webproxy based in the USA to send this message I can only assume Australian IP addresses are being purposely blocked for some reason. I have contacted Internap the owners of the 216.52.61.78 address asking for clarification on the failed routes past that point. It could be that ICMP packets are blocked past that point but the fact I cant contact anything on the network segments past this point I can only assume there is some kind of IP Filtering taking place. I haven't played STO in a while but have just started 6 weeks leave to find I cant even play the game that I have a Life time membership too. Would love some answers from Cryptic regarding this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-22-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm having this same problem now and so is my friend. This is just in the last 3 days or so. We both get 'Connection to login server timed out'. Strangely my partner who's on the same Internet connection as me doesn't seem to get it.

Waiting a short while, often time enough to restart the game client will sort this out.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Ditto - last few days only . will try turning off the Euro proxy.

hmm - worked that time, but then again it usual does if I exit and re-load.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-27-2011, 02:50 AM
I'm getting this now...

EDIT: Fixed by removing the EU proxy.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-27-2011, 07:17 AM
Im getting stuck at connecting to log in server for live server, as for F2P test server, im getting to character screen.