Lt. Commander
# 11
11-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Will we be able to have Foundry missions that involve shooting same-faction enemy NPCs without having to reskin them all anytime soon?
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-08-2011, 05:42 AM
You guys are more than welcome to change what I say here if need be. I think I’m at the point I don’t care what Cryptic thinks of what I say about their failed system they’re looking to force on us.

Why such the drastic change to crafting? Not only do I have to grind for a gated resource now I have to grind for anomalies on top of that? And why have the items you can craft been reduced in value as opposed to what you can get out of a STF. Every game I've ever played has always had crafted gear as the best. What I see and pardon my rudeness, you're turning it into 3rd rate junk while adding an expensive tax on top of it. Why couldn't you have placed EC as the tax instead and add the EC sinks that were sought out for such a long time. I think most of us wouldn’t have had a problem with that.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Q: What do your new responsiibilites entail?

Q: Will we see more, less or the same of you on the forums?

Q: Anything you can tell us about ongoing or planned Foundry development?
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-08-2011, 07:27 AM
What plans are in the works to address the shield stacking exploit?

What plans are in the works to address the abuse of the z-axis blind spot?

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Q: Do you know CPR as this game needs all the life support it can get... how are the medical benefits over at cryptic anyways?

Q: If this game were a horse would you shoot it?

Q: How do you seriously plan to bring in new players with all the great games releasing and what could STO possibly offer to them that another game with less issues my be able to offer?
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Dilithium is giving horrible numbers for those of us who worked hard on the game for the past year. How do you propose a fix?
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-08-2011, 08:12 AM
With the announced departure of Kirkfat - *the* driving force behind the Foundry author website starbaseugc.com - does Cryptic have any plans in place to ensure that new F2P users of the Foundry will be able to grasp the basic mechanics of the tool?

Or a more basic question: does Cryptic *want* new F2P users to use the Foundry in the first place, given that it is a resource-intensive system?
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Folks, please remember to keep your questions respectful. They have a much better chance of being answered that way.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Folks, please remember to keep your questions respectful. They have a much better chance of being answered that way.

Thanks,

Stormshade
I think the harsh tone is communicating something very important to you guys StormShade ... people are really upset/offended by the layers upon layers of grind and nerf being put into the game to drive people to the c-store. Many of us lifetime subscribers previously happily spent extra money on store stuff, simply to support a game we liked.

You are turning the game into something we won't like. How do you imagine that will actually affect our wallets? Once the sale of the company was announced, I stopped spending any more money on the product, and so far what I've read and the dev tracker in particular has done nothing to entice me to even consider opening up the wallet again.

There is a very harsh reality for this game and your company, and while it might be tempting to assume that forum posts can be safely disregarded, I can tell you that with so many other MMO options out there, people are not going to put up with this level of grinding and blatant pushing into the cash shop.

Take a look at the F2P model that Turbine employs ... that's how you guys should be approaching things. They are making mad money on their system, and they haven't had to completely change their game from a casual friendly amazing game into a giant grind slog in order to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWyndre
I think the harsh tone is communicating something very important to you guys StormShade ... people are really upset/offended by the layers upon layers of grind and nerf being put into the game to drive people to the c-store. Many of us lifetime subscribers previously happily spent extra money on store stuff, simply to support a game we liked.

You are turning the game into something we won't like. How do you imagine that will actually affect our wallets? Once the sale of the company was announced, I stopped spending any more money on the product, and so far what I've read and the dev tracker in particular has done nothing to entice me to even consider opening up the wallet again.

There is a very harsh reality for this game and your company, and while it might be tempting to assume that forum posts can be safely disregarded, I can tell you that with so many other MMO options out there, people are not going to put up with this level of grinding and blatant pushing into the cash shop.

Take a look at the F2P model that Turbine employs ... that's how you guys should be approaching things. They are making mad money on their system, and they haven't had to completely change their game from a casual friendly amazing game into a giant grind slog in order to do it.
^Quoted for truth^

Stormy, I really would like you to do the following, get off your computer, walk down to the Bean-Counters office, the head Beanie, if you will, and take them to these forums.

Show him/her/it the rage and plasma-fires cropping up all over, show them the alternate monetization routes being suggested all over, most of all, show them how utterly ridiculous and unfair it is to treat Gold Subscribers (who have already paid a great deal and/or are paying each and every month) the same way you treat F2P players.

If someone already pays for access to your (soon to be) free game, they should not then be railroaded to the C-Store.

Understand: It's perfectly fine for you to have the grind-or-pay model, it's perfectly fine for various portions of the game to be monetized in various ways, it's not fine for Golds to have to pay twice for the same content as Silvers.