Lt. Commander
# 21
11-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Show him/her/it the rage and plasma-fires cropping up all over, show them the alternate monetization routes being suggested all over, most of all, show them how utterly ridiculous and unfair it is to treat Gold Subscribers (who have already paid a great deal and/or are paying each and every month) the same way you treat F2P players.
Amen. We WANT TO PAY, but we need to feel good about doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Looking over the silver versus gold index, based on my style of gameplay I cannot see any incentive other than the veteran's rewards for me to shell out an extra $10 a month for a gold subscription. I am a Star Trek fan, not an MMO fan, so I do not like "grinding." I think a lot of players are like me and you would do a lot better at selling subscriptions if you increased veteran's rewards and decreased "grinding" for Gold Players. The only caveat is that I decided to buy a lifetime subscription while it is on sale, so I can only do my best to predict my reaction as if I were still paying monthly or were a new player.

My question is, do you have any plans to further decrease "grind" and increase veterans rewards to encourage subscriptions;or are gold subscriptions just an unwanted vestige of your sales of lifetime subscriptions?
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
Will we be able to have Foundry missions that involve shooting same-faction enemy NPCs without having to reskin them all anytime soon?
^THIS^

I have such awesome plans for some internal Imperial strife, explaining how and why the Empire hasn't just rolled over the Alpha Quadrant like a Crimson ocean of blood.. But I can't do them if I can't have Klingon on Klingon combat.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWyndre
I think the harsh tone is communicating something very important to you guys StormShade ... people are really upset/offended by the layers upon layers of grind and nerf being put into the game to drive people to the c-store. Many of us lifetime subscribers previously happily spent extra money on store stuff, simply to support a game we liked.

You are turning the game into something we won't like. How do you imagine that will actually affect our wallets? Once the sale of the company was announced, I stopped spending any more money on the product, and so far what I've read and the dev tracker in particular has done nothing to entice me to even consider opening up the wallet again.

There is a very harsh reality for this game and your company, and while it might be tempting to assume that forum posts can be safely disregarded, I can tell you that with so many other MMO options out there, people are not going to put up with this level of grinding and blatant pushing into the cash shop.

Take a look at the F2P model that Turbine employs ... that's how you guys should be approaching things. They are making mad money on their system, and they haven't had to completely change their game from a casual friendly amazing game into a giant grind slog in order to do it.
It's a thread for Zero's Q&A not a whining thread about F2P...
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
I am a Star Trek fan, not an MMO fan..
That's a great way to put it Sakarak.

What efforts are or will be made to retain those members that consider themselves Star Trek fans rather than MMO fans? Is there any hope of retaining an account-wide unlock option for pets? This would go along way to keep those Star Trek fans.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Dear Zero,

Please can you describe to us in brief; some of the feedback that the the Fleet Starbase Summary Concept Beta has received during internal discussion from you, and the team, and also if possible, please describe some of the your ideas and the teams ideas for how Fleet Starbases will operate?

Thank you.

/Edit

Alternative question; Zero if you could trade places with any character in Star Trek for a day, who would it be and why?
Lt. Commander
# 27 Whining about whining?
11-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen666 View Post
It's a thread for Zero's Q&A not a whining thread about F2P...
It's not about stifling questions and feedback regarding major changes that are on the way either...
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-08-2011, 11:38 AM
I've noticed that the devs have been hard at work on F2P and various system overhauls.
My question is: when are we going to get some new stories. The DS9 FE has been delayed for months. When most people complain about a "content drought", they usually mean that a storyline is lacking. The DOFF system is amazing, don't get me wrong, but we need some more quests and missions for our main toons. The dailies, exploration, and STFs can only be done so many times. Star Trek and STO were built on a good story. They will only survive the same way
That brings me to the Foundry.
When will the Foundry get more assets?
The Foundry seems to be the only source of NEW stories, lately. Members are actually quitting due to neglect of the Foundry. We all know you're busy, but c'mon. If we are all busy playing new missions with new Foundry assets, we can't rage in the forums, right?
Lastly,
Please remove the dilithium from crafting. It is a unfair cost. Make crafting an EC sink instead, or time gated. But please remove the dilithium cost. There is a MAJOR outcry from nearly the entire community about this. Please listen...
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Question: Right now on Tribble, a character has to play EVERY mission in order to unlock later content (including the Gamma Orionis sector block) - and the later Orellius FE content and Dailies. Also, the rewards for the main storyline mission DO NOT scale (with the expection of the former FE series content.)

So, is this what''s going to be going Live for F2P, or are further changes to storyline/Front content in the works that we haven't seen pushed to Tribble yet?
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-08-2011, 04:56 PM
We have a limited amount of time with Zero, so by necessity, we will only be asking questions that are within her areas of responsibility, past and present. If you have a question you would like answered, please post the question as simply and directly as possible.

Thank you for all the submissions, there are some great ones in this thread already, keep em coming!