Lt. Commander
# 1 Importing / copying toons
11-07-2011, 11:35 AM
I have started one from scratch. I looked to see if there was a way to copy one of my toons currently on the STO game. The probability is that I have overlooked something. Would someone be kind enough to walk this old man through the procedures to copying a toon over to the test server.

(thanks in advance)
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-07-2011, 11:38 AM
The option is found on the main STO website under the Support heading then the Public test option.
Its easy but takes about 2 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-07-2011, 11:42 AM
If you have already signed up ... will it still allow this process? (just currious)
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-07-2011, 12:50 PM
I have no idea.
I had a toon that I ported over from day one and then I ported my Sci toon over a few days ago, but when I attempted to send my only Fed toon over it said no.
Though admittedly I do have all three slots filled so I may be able to send my Fed VA over later today. After I delete a toon.
Ensign
Ever Since they changed the login to use PW instead of Cryptic, I've not been able to find the website to transfer my sto char to tribble. Does anyone have the direct link??? If this is due to Cryptic forcing us to use the stupid Perfect World accounts, then no point in going on with the Portal. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as it's not shown under the Support section anymore like it used to be.
Cryptic Studios Team
Community Moderator
# 7
11-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
THis does seem well hidden in the website these days, am I missing an obvious route from the homepage?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 8
11-06-2012, 02:41 PM
I actually just tried that page, and it says:

Quote:
Please sign up for Public Test Server access before requesting a character copy.
This page requires a cryptic account. Please click here to link an account.
I transferred a character over a few weeks ago to test STO Gateway, so I know for a fact I can transfer characters. Additionally, clicking the "here" to link an account does not redirect me anywhere.
Career Officer
# 9
11-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Both CO's and STO's test copy have been broke all day today. Earlier CORE Connect had a meltdown and test copying never came back for the Cryptic sites.
# 10
11-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
I actually just tried that page, and it says:

Quote:
Please sign up for Public Test Server access before requesting a character copy.
This page requires a cryptic account. Please click here to link an account.
I transferred a character over a few weeks ago to test STO Gateway, so I know for a fact I can transfer characters. Additionally, clicking the "here" to link an account does not redirect me anywhere.
I'm getting this exact same thing.

I transferred my main toon to tribble about a week ago and had no problems. I'd like to transfer one or two more of my toons, but right now it's impossible due to the problem mentioned and quoted above by felderburg.

Last edited by c0nd1t10nr3d; 11-06-2012 at 02:55 PM.