Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
11-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsBody
Thanks to SteveHale for the rather concise description of what to look for when trying to establish if someone is indeed using this cheat but the combat logs fly past too quick to study. I seem to recall someone posting a command that made STO record the logs, so that you could check them after the event, can anyone advise me what that command is please?

Note: Mods, no one here is asking how to cheat, we are just asking how to prove if someone is, so that we can report them - nothing wrong with that I hope.

Hax Reporting is OP'd
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Aimbot?

Binds are immune to scramble?

Issawhatnow? Like, if I actually use my cool new keyboard the way issasupposta than I can ignores the scrambles?

But I have to use the same binds for every toon right? I hate reading manuals and programming stuffs.
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsBody
I seem to recall someone posting a command that made STO record the logs, so that you could check them after the event, can anyone advise me what that command is please?
/combatlog 1
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-08-2011, 01:38 PM
i will try to look and see because cheating is just ought right dumb one it will make people not want to pvp cause who wants to deal with a cheater and two it is for *****s! i have been accused of it myself one guy said i had some damage hack on my defiant and a lot try to nail me with the double shield thing just cause i know what skills to use and when to use them. they can report me all they want though lol.
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Well,

Obviously, proved by this somewhat awkward and modified screenshot;
http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/...iden197830/MT/

I have double shield haxed myself. Since I got no evidence of myself to deny the accusations I guess I am guilty for using it. Therefore this Thread has become invalid.
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Well,

I have double shield haxed myself. Since I got no evidence of myself to deny the accusations I guess I am guilty for using it. Therefore this Thread has become invalid.
>.> <.< ... Say what? Oh... You trying to say someone proved your shield hacked with a bit of shoop da whoop? Sorry... I am honestly not fully following you here.
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Well,

Hmmm, followed the OPVP channel for some hours and red most of your story when you we're not muted by the EmoeApe. The funny thing was:
There was a point, you admitted it. You said it was accidently but it happened.
Really strange to read how hard you tried to let the screenshot look like a fake (about one or two hours later).
I never saw you cheating but your behaviour is kinda... suspicious.
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphezir View Post
Hmmm, followed the OPVP channel for some hours and red most of your story when you we're not muted by the EmoeApe. The funny thing was:
There was a point, you admitted it. You said it was accidently but it happened.
Really strange to read how hard you tried to let the screenshot look like a fake (about one or two hours later).
I never saw you cheating but your behaviour is kinda... suspicious.
I said it could have been accidental if it was really true, nobody can say for 100%.
I never seriously said that it was an accident and it DID happen. Yes I made a joke about it, since nobody seemed to listen to reason anyway "Sure I use it all day every day in every PvP match". Do you now base truth on such funny statements based on desperation?

What I dont understand is;

- That he posted two screenshots of two different persons with only half captured screenies.
- Bottom has been cut
- You see 2 Klingon screeny and on top of that a Fed one.
- Chat screen in the middle of the screen etc.

Really strange.
If he would have used the normal in game screenshot command he would not get these weird screenshots.
If he would have used printscreen and copied it and pasted it in an empty mspaint file this weird stuff wouldnt have happened.

For what its worth, anyone probably had double shields at one or another time, probably just by swapping their shields. Well i got a surprise for you, it can happen just like that when you change your shield. No rapid ******ing required to equip it.

So people have logged me and detected it supposedly, or they claim so. And perhaps its even true, I cannot prove anything to dismiss the accusation can I?

Funny thing is, If i would have every screenshot or log of every match happened in this game, you probably had it equipped yourself at one point or another, just by a single shield change. So u can have this accusative attitude and pretend to know everything, you might consider watching your own logs when you swapped your shields.
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Keep it up boys and girls. The more we rage about double shields and who we think is/isn't using them, and who is on purpose vs accident, the more likely the devs are to actually fix the stupid thing.
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Seriously Cryptic, wtf. How long would an exploit of this magnitude go unfixed on any other MMO where the devs actually give a rat's ass? This is absolutely pathetic.