Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
11-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
Seriously sad pandas, wtf. How long will you allow your members to use a exploit of this magnitude and go unpunished on any other MMO where the pvper were still around they would give a rat's *** and shame you. This is absolutely pathetic.
My members? Pandas is a leaderless fleet. In the event that there is insurmountable proof that one of us is cheating, it would be up to all of the other members to decide what to do with him -- it would not fall on the shoulders of one person.

That being said, I take exploits very seriously. I know the Panda you are alluding to, and before he joined I looked into things to see if there was any hard evidence against him. There was not. I went to the source and even Tide told me that there was no hard evidence. That being said, it is possible to trigger the exploit by accident, and that Panda does like to switch between shield types as opposed to most who stick with a single shield.

I'm not personally going to take any action without hard evidence. If that evidence is ever found -- despite the fact that I alone don't have the power to kick anyone from SP -- I would take it very seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 52
11-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d'Angelo
Starting this past week and through the coming weeks, the team will be working on a big sweep of bug fixing. There are a lot of issues, some of which have been around since the initial launch of the game, that are getting attention. And the team is really excited to get time to polish up the game and make it shine. Youíll be seeing these changes showing up throughout the month on Tribble.
Who knows, maybe double shield hax and even AMS will be among these?

Mustrum "Hope springs eternal" Ridcully
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Ahh! These sound like things he was hinting at in his interview on STOked.

:crosses-fingers:

/End RP
Lt. Commander
# 54
11-09-2011, 12:30 AM
The "accidental" excuse is B.S in my opinion. The only guys who might accidentaly do it are most likely very inexperienced PvP'ers. It's so blatantly obvious when someone is running them that to try to act like they themselves wouldnt notice anything out of the ordinary is comical. Especially someone who PvP's on a regular basis? Please.

I'm not going to point fingers on the forums but If it smells like a turd, looks like a turd, and tastes like a turd.....well it just might be a turd. To the guys that have been using it on a regular basis you know who you are and you suck.

On a side note.....the new Tribes:Ascend beta is fun!
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorFury View Post
The "accidental" excuse is B.S in my opinion.
My thoughts exactly there is only one way to do this and if you donít do it that way you canít bug it. So if you have a once of knowledge about the bug you cant accidentally do it. On the majorfury point if you get cannon spammed on and hit a tac team 1 and magically have full shield you might be a shield hack. If you get smacked in the face with a BO3 and hit a tss1 and poof you have full shields you might be a double shielded care bear. If you talk smack in a instances cause your almighty and get your double shield log frapped you might look like a do anything towinass.
Lt. Commander
# 56
11-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
I said it could have been accidental if it was really true, nobody can say for 100%.
I never seriously said that it was an accident and it DID happen. Yes I made a joke about it, since nobody seemed to listen to reason anyway "Sure I use it all day every day in every PvP match". Do you now base truth on such funny statements based on desperation?

What I dont understand is;

- That he posted two screenshots of two different persons with only half captured screenies.
- Bottom has been cut
- You see 2 Klingon screeny and on top of that a Fed one.
- Chat screen in the middle of the screen etc.

Really strange.
If he would have used the normal in game screenshot command he would not get these weird screenshots.
If he would have used printscreen and copied it and pasted it in an empty mspaint file this weird stuff wouldnt have happened.

For what its worth, anyone probably had double shields at one or another time, probably just by swapping their shields. Well i got a surprise for you, it can happen just like that when you change your shield. No rapid ******ing required to equip it.

So people have logged me and detected it supposedly, or they claim so. And perhaps its even true, I cannot prove anything to dismiss the accusation can I?

Funny thing is, If i would have every screenshot or log of every match happened in this game, you probably had it equipped yourself at one point or another, just by a single shield change. So u can have this accusative attitude and pretend to know everything, you might consider watching your own logs when you swapped your shields.
You got a surprise for me? I'm wating. Your just barking around very old common knowledge. Well, I know how to get my double shields. Thats why I just dont switch them on the battlefield and thats why it does not happen accidental to me. But pls check my logs.

I'm not talking about your "funny statemant". I detected your poor try to be funny at that point. But earlier that day, you just said that it happened accidental and that you could remember to have switched to Covariants. Stop denying it. It's the same behaviour that made Kyle look like an idiot. He admitted the use and later he said that all the logs were fakes. Just keep it at this accidental base. As I said I never saw you cheating and I wouldnt even care, if you do it in Kerrat, lol.
We know SOB are some curious cheat detectives, inventing new Proc cheats in their minds to have an explanation of their defeats but i doubt they would fake screenshot like that. I mean, the log looks perfect. Someone who is able to do such things wouldnt fail at top of the screen.

Looking forward to our log checking 1v1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Al Thor
If i see someone using it yes ill send in a ticket on them to get them banned all their hard work all gone. I do not know how it works but I am sure there are ways to look so if it is"accidental" take a look before you start the fight If you have problems with exploits randomly showing up on your ship....
While you seem to have no idea how it works, you shouldnt be that sure. There is now way to check before you start the fight. The only protection is not doing it. Maybe youre doing it all day long but you just dont know. So you shouldnt try to get someone banned.
Lt. Commander
# 57
11-09-2011, 05:49 AM
I propose that every ship that enters a pvp environment will have their shields removed.

No, not placed in their inventory, I mean just gone from their ship. NO SHIELDS FOR PVP! YARRRRRRRRRR!

Shields are a crutch, NO SHIELDS AT ALL!

Also, if you die FOR ANY REASON, then your captain gets erased from your login roster. Gone, just gone.

If you get blown up, then your account is gone. You will have to purchase another account from cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 58
11-09-2011, 06:04 AM
Personally, I'm no longer interested in who did it or even why. It really doesn't matter. Anyone who did use it will be back at their normal disadvantage when it's fixed and the rest of us will be fine.

The good news is that last night I did receive a PM from Cryptic asking for information on this and some other stuff. It seems to have been well received and is being passed on to the people who can fix it. In the meantime, it would be nice if we could keep the pressure on without the petty ******** getting this thread closed, please. Just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 59
11-09-2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
I propose that every ship that enters a pvp environment will have their shields removed.

No, not placed in their inventory, I mean just gone from their ship. NO SHIELDS FOR PVP! YARRRRRRRRRR!

Shields are a crutch, NO SHIELDS AT ALL!

Also, if you die FOR ANY REASON, then your captain gets erased from your login roster. Gone, just gone.

If you get blown up, then your account is gone. You will have to purchase another account from cryptic.
didnt DOB do this waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day? and zorena too? lol...
Lt. Commander
# 60
11-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
didnt DOB do this waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day? and zorena too? lol...
Still no baby era comix