Lt. Commander
# 1 I love high graphic settings!
11-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Take a look at that skyline. I sometimes just like to take a moment and admire the hard work of our devs.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Yes...it is a wonderful thing to see.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-07-2011, 06:51 PM
I see nothing special about that image or the graphics in this game...pfft

Sorry, i'm just being jealous :p I would love a computer that could run STO on high settings. The game still looks pretty nice on my Mac and every so often i max everything out just to see what it might look like for me one day, without of course the slideshow frame rate.

I was hoping to get a new computer next year, but since i am spending a few grand on a new camera, i don't think this will happen. Maybe the year after...

Shame, as STO is a very beautiful looking game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-07-2011, 06:52 PM
That does look nice. I love a lot of the graphics in space but for performance reasons i rarely get to enjoy them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Wait a minute..

This isn't a negative thread about F2P, PWI, the skill changes, Dilithium, or anything else. What's it doing here?

But seriously, yeah, some of the vistas really do look excellent in the game. If only the planets had some wildlife on them.. little critters (like alien squirrels or birds) to make the planets feel more.. alive.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
I was hoping to get a new computer next year,....
You know, for the cost of an entry level Mac you can get a PC that screams when playing games. I'm just sayin'....

The pic you see was shrunk by photobucket. I'm only running an HPE desktop with an ATI 5670 with 1GB of video RAM.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-07-2011, 07:05 PM
You are so right, Bob. STO is an insanely beautiful game. I try to take screenshots of the planetary systems in the system patrol missions and upload them to STOWiki and also DeviantArt whenever I have some free time. It's an aspect of this game that oftentimes gets lost in all the drama.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
You know, for the cost of an entry level Mac you can get a PC that screams when playing games. I'm just sayin'....
I know, but my MacBook was bought solely for university, it was just a bonus that i could play STO on it. I'm not complaining (much :p), i still get to enjoy the game very much and at times it does look stunning on my Mac.

Though i have just sold my first photo through a gallery this weekend, so fingers crossed i'll sell more in time and i might be able to afford a gaming computer.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-07-2011, 07:12 PM
When I first got this game, my computer was able to run it alright at normal graphics, but I realized the graphics card in the computer was a PoS and replaced it with a budget GT430. Not the most powerful graphics card out there, but it finally enabled the computer to run the game at higher graphics settings and damn what a difference.

Yea, a lot of planet effects are beautiful, but some of the space vistas you can find are bloody gorgeous.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Ssssssh!!!

The Appl-Ninjas have been dispatched to kill for less!
You can't let them know that we know the secret!