Lt. Commander
# 11
11-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik

You won't have enough for a VA ship across all your characters.
Assuming ships switch to per-character unlocks. Barring that, then yes, you will, because that's how C-Store unlocks work.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Assuming ships switch to per-character unlocks. Barring that, then yes, you will, because that's how C-Store unlocks work.
All the same ship though. Not very appealing for most, I suspect. Token allows per character choice.

**should have been clearer above
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Not to mention for me and anyone else who already purchased all the ships we have had something taken away for any new characters i may decide to make, replaced with something that WAS free that gives me absolutly nothing as i paid for the ship with real money. Little annoying sorry if you can't see or understand WHY i might be a little annoyed.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
I'm actually pleased to have the VA token come back, I WAS ALMOST LIVID WHEN I heard it was being removed in the first place. Clearly we can't get emblems anymore so it's been replaced with something tangeable and useable (For a change).

Would you have preferred another pet? Oh wait thats the 800 day award, my bad...
The 250 Emblems could be used by each character to outfit their ship once they got to VA, I would have preferred an amount of Dilithium with similar buying power.

If you have already bought all the VA ships, or already have all the characters you want to make at VA, the "new" 500-day vet rewards is useless to you. Dilithium, at least, would be useful for everyone, regardless of whether or not they've bought the VA ships or have all their characters at VA. If only to bargain for C-Points to get something you don't have unlocked even if you're fully geared.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Taking away 250 emblems and replacing it with a 500-emblem value item? Yeah, totally unfair.
Yes, it is unfair. They took away a 500 emblem value item, and the 250 emblems, for a total of 750 emblem loss. Now we only get the 500 emblem item back, so its still a net loss of 250.
Lt. Commander
# 16 500 day reward
11-07-2011, 11:22 PM
I think, the situation is very simple. They promised the 250 emblems, and bought the game, played ,and payed.
They changed their mind about the emblems, but this is not our problem at all. The real question is, Cryptic is trustworthy or not. I'm not interested in other reward offer, I want my emblems.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8472 View Post
I think, the situation is very simple. They promised the 250 emblems, and bought the game, played ,and payed.
They changed their mind about the emblems, but this is not our problem at all. The real question is, Cryptic is trustworthy or not. I'm not interested in other reward offer, I want my emblems.
I understand you point here, but thats saying you want 120k dilithium across all your characters plus every new character your ever create.

Roll a character at level 1, have 120k dilithium. Trade all dilithium for CPoints. Delete Character. Create a new character, trade all dilithium for CPoints. Delete Character. Rinse, repeat. This is a clear exploit, and one that would shut this game down.

Alternatively, they could unlock the 120k dilithium at VA rank or so - but its EASY quick to get to VA rank with stacking XP boosts you can buy with all those CPoints your expoiting.

Dilithium won't work, and since emblems are dilithium, we can't have them.

They need to think of something with equal or greater value like Gozer promised. The ship token is not even a part of the emblem issue. (lol it is it's own issue)
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Yes, it's nice that the tokens are back. I do think 600 days is a little long for them though, since it takes only 2 months of subscription for the company to earn more than a C-store ship costs.

But, they are there back at least and do provide a usable reward since there's no more Emblems.
I think some are missing the point. If you already got the emblems as your reward.

No ship token for you!

Even if you start a new toon

Bad Cryptic...baaaad.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik

I understand you point here, but thats saying you want 120k dilithium across all your characters plus every new character your ever create.

Roll a character at level 1, have 120k dilithium. Trade all dilithium for CPoints. Delete Character. Create a new character, trade all dilithium for CPoints. Delete Character. Rinse, repeat. This is a clear exploit, and one that would shut this game down.

Alternatively, they could unlock the 120k dilithium at VA rank or so - but its EASY quick to get to VA rank with stacking XP boosts you can buy with all those CPoints your expoiting.

Dilithium won't work, and since emblems are dilithium, we can't have them.

They need to think of something with equal or greater value like Gozer promised. The ship token is not even a part of the emblem issue. (lol it is it's own issue)
I think basically not all player arer so tricky. Cryptic using the "collective quilty principle" and this is not acceptable at all! A fair solution could be to give the 250 emblems to all existing characters at one time only.
Then Cryptic won1t be problem with the their programming failure.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Its not about a collective guilty principal. Making changes to curtail exploits is not done to hinder our gameplay but to protect it from those who would utilize the exploit.

Rewarding the emblems, as dilithium, as a one time only across all characters isn't an account wide unlock which the veteran rewards have always been. What use is that iteration of the reward to you if you create a new character a day after it unlocks across all your characters? So your new character is now at a unique disadvantage?

Furthermore, if everyone had 120k on every character then this would extremely devalue the role dilithium plays in the economy. That same economy will be one of the only things keeping this game open.

Dilithium is really a no go.