Lt. Commander
# 21
11-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard454 View Post
I think some are missing the point. If you already got the emblems as your reward.

No ship token for you!

Even if you start a new toon

Bad Cryptic...baaaad.
where does it say that?

you only do not get the token if a character has already received and spent a token before. ive heard nothing about having already received emblems blocking a token.

if you start a new toon you will get a ship token at 51.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-08-2011, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
where does it say that?

you only do not get the token if a character has already received and spent a token before. ive heard nothing about having already received emblems blocking a token.

if you start a new toon you will get a ship token at 51.

There is one other detail on this. Any character which has already achieved level 51 prior to the Tribble build going to Holodeck will not get a second token. Those characters already received a token, so they do not get a second one.
In red from the F2P Blog. All the way at the bottom. And I'm not sure, but they are not Account Wide unlocks anymore. 1 per account I heard somewhere. If I'm wrong I apologize.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-08-2011, 01:44 AM
There is one way Cryptic can really make this right, in addition to the Token, add in 250 emblems worth of Dilithium in Compensation in ADDITION to everything else.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-08-2011, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
I'm actually pleased to have the VA token come back, I WAS ALMOST LIVID WHEN I heard it was being removed in the first place. Clearly we can't get emblems anymore so it's been replaced with something tangeable and useable (For a change).

Would you have preferred another pet? Oh wait thats the 800 day award, my bad...
What about all the Va's/Lg's (got 9) they will get nothing in place of the 250 emblems, they said whe would get something of the same value, nothing isn't 250 emblems.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-08-2011, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Alternatively, they could unlock the 120k dilithium at VA rank or so - but its EASY quick to get to VA rank with stacking XP boosts you can buy with all those CPoints your expoiting.
LOL. Have you seen how little 120k Dilithium will actually get you? This is a non-issue.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
LOL. Have you seen how little 120k Dilithium will actually get you? This is a non-issue.
Yeah, between 240 and 2,400 CPoints on the player exchange each time you create a character, and subsequently delete it to continue farming. Not trivial at all. Just 1 and a half VA ships per go.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-08-2011, 06:16 AM
Quote:

Yeah, between 240 and 2,400 CPoints on the player exchange each time you create a character, and subsequently delete it to continue farming. Not trivial at all. Just 1 and a half VA ships per go.
2400 is a pipe dream. Prices have been pretty constantly at 300-400 D/C in Tribble server.

Gratz. Spend days to grind a character to VA and earn 350 C-Points. Repeat that 6 times and you can buy a VA ship!
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Its not about a collective guilty principal. Making changes to curtail exploits is not done to hinder our gameplay but to protect it from those who would utilize the exploit.

Rewarding the emblems, as dilithium, as a one time only across all characters isn't an account wide unlock which the veteran rewards have always been. What use is that iteration of the reward to you if you create a new character a day after it unlocks across all your characters? So your new character is now at a unique disadvantage?

Furthermore, if everyone had 120k on every character then this would extremely devalue the role dilithium plays in the economy. That same economy will be one of the only things keeping this game open.

Dilithium is really a no go.

Ok, i can understand it, your point is almost right.You already thinking in the future.
But I`m not taking in dilithium, I`m very content with the emblem currency. And now the Star Trek Online means the holodeck officially, not the tribble. So today, when I like to buy a borg set or purple items, I need to pay by emblems, not dilithium. I made a contract with Crytic some hundred days ago for emblem currency and I payed all 3 accounts of mine in USD. What could you say to if we all players would change the USD payment from one to another to for example Mongolian Tugrik? Imagine it please, this happened with us about emblems.
Really, the situation is this, Cryptic changed the contract without discussion.
And the other point is, I needn`t the token. Some hundred days ago, if Crytic offer was token, I won`t interested in at all.
I think the easiest and the only correct way is to give us the 250 emblems, or make and offer for something very very unic thing, like a Kelerun item/set/something.

It is really not a personal fight with you, only I like to get that emblems what is promised by Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-08-2011, 08:04 AM
We'll just have to hope They create more New VA/LG Ships to charge us for in the C-Store...

What's the odds of that happining.... [/sarcasm]

(...hate it when I gotta 'esplain the joke..)

<chuckle>
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-08-2011, 10:18 AM
that would be high......and of course when rank goes up we'll have a new teir of top rank ships.....wonder if they'll be releasing additional free in game ships at that point or just blatantly lock it down to cstore ships only.....