Lt. Commander
# 21
11-07-2011, 08:55 PM
The Vet rewards are entirely messed up as it is.

As a basic template all Vet rewards should be offering:
- Title
- Free Respec
- Free Skillpoint boost that increases by 2% EVERY 100 days until 20% at 1000 days
- Free Skillpoint boost that increases by 2% every 100 days when teamed until 20% at 1000 days
- Insert unique items
- Free Uniform Slot

Free VA Token - Should be at 100 - 200 days
Someone subscribing for 2 - 3 months has more than earned the VA Token.This Token is going to do a lot more for people at 200 days than the Extra Ship slot option or a silly Captain's Yacht.

However it is once again obvious Cryptic are creatively bankrupt except when it comes to wallet raiding. They would do Wallstreet proud.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Nagus had the best solution subscribe two months and get the VA ship token, they wont be losing anything. Just make it where the gold subscription has to be active, to get the token.

Most of the F2P players wont get VA, many of those wont buy a VA ship anyway.

Their greed and and the complete disregard for customer satisfaction is astounding.

They had a license to print money with this IP, and basically blew it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'm not sure I actually agree with all of that, but either way I'm not sure what you mean or are implying in relation to what I am talking about in the OP. Are you saying he really didnt mean the things he said or what?
I'm saying that the entire VA/LG Token issue is just par for the course for D'Angelo, he does a change we don't like, ignores our feedback, and puts it back in the way PWE wants it (as monetized as possible by requiring a 500-day subscription).

He's not here to listen to us or serve us, he's here to ignore us and do the dirty work for PWE, so that after the transition, PWE can put in a new EP we can't blame or be angry at for all the P2W, Grind or Pay changes we don't like.

It's a shell game, they want a hundred yards and to make small monetizing changes, so they put forth taking a mile and making huge burdensome changes, and then, after we rant and rail and gnash our teeth, they pare back to minor monetizing changes and taking the hundred yards and look reasonable doing it.

They get what they want, and players defend them for it, even as those very same players get screwed, and the other players pointing out the way they're getting screwed look like whiners and nevr-satisfied Cryptic-bashers.

Then, then, they get rid of the bad-cop EP (D'Angelo) who's presided over all the bad changes, and replace him with the good-cop EP and make us more civil than we would be otherwise.

The whole thing is a preplanned mind-game designed for PWE to screw us royally but avoid any significant blow-back after the changes are finished.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-07-2011, 10:11 PM
We are still blaming Zinc for various failures. There is no mindwipe with a new EP.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
We are still blaming Zinc for various failures. There is no mindwipe with a new EP.
You've drank the Kool-aid.

That's precisely the point. For the most part, the players didn't blame DStahl for Zincs failures, they didn't hold him accountable for letting he errors and issues remain, they gave him the benefit of the doubt, letting him walk on things he rightfully could have changed once he was in the center seat.

The EP after D'Angelo will likely be given the same pass, and the game will just keep rolling down hill.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
You've drank the Kool-aid.
You have replied to my post.

Stahl wasn't given a pass on anything that happened under Zinc. I didn't see anyone hold back their feedback and criticisms over exploration, pvp, pve, crafting and so on that were brought in and iterated upon by Zinc for a long time after Stahl was EP. Stahl even had a developing hand, pre launch, in many things like genesis (iirc) and will continue to be criticised long into the new EP's reign.

DeAngelo, similarly, has his fingers in everything as the Chief Technical Officer of the company and will hardly be let off the hook by people because it wouldn't be fair to bring him up during the new EP's term.

Off-topic is off-topic. Did DeAngelo purposefully tell an untruth or does he feel 20 months instead of 2 is better to correct the 'exploit'.

Lt. Commander
# 27
11-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Your right; this game definitely needs to take in money to stay running. And if someone is paying a monthly sub then they are providing revenue for the game. So as long as someone has subbed 2 months then that negates the "exploit" issue D'Angelo talked about. And if a subscription is required to get a VA ship then its not "free", so Cryptic is still getting their money.
Then to my point, the battle to fight in this case is to get the stipend a subscriber receives adjusted.

If the stipend sits at 400 a month, then a subscribing customer needs to wait 3 months to get a 1200 c store ship.

now I have read somewhere there was some kind of discount for subscribers in the Cstore? or was I imagining that....not sure.

basically what it boils down to is is a free ship worth two months of sub fees or three months? as a ship costs 25 bucks to buy outright then I'd have to argue that the stipend needs to be 600 a month, that way both methods are equal in cost, but favour the monthly subscribers...thus adding another incentive.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-08-2011, 12:15 AM
i dont really understand it. at the moment we technically get them at 0 days, now its 600 (even though geko said 500).
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=239471

at first i though he meant that we get c-store unlocks (where he says account unlocks) which would be a bonus as we could unlock them on our characters but i think he just meant the token is still per character just for every character. so end of the day we are not getting anything extra. we are getting what we had before just that it takes 600 days.

now i am at 600 so its no real issue but for those that are not it seems pretty steep. i thank them for putting it back as i guess they did not have to but i think 200-300 days would be much better compromise.

also putting them back in place of emblems is not really going to cut it. we had A and B and now we get A back at a much higher cost. I still would like something back in its place, regardless of what it is. another character slot would be fine with me.

also dont forget to put back the LG tokens in this whole thing.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startruck

now I have read somewhere there was some kind of discount for subscribers in the Cstore? or was I imagining that....not sure.
there was a line somewhere about special accounts getting a discount. it was not an official comunication, more something that people stumbled across on the f2p matrix or something. cant remember where it was but it was never confirmed what that applied to or if it was even accurate.

it would be great if golds got a discount in the store but dont hold your breath on it.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-08-2011, 12:51 AM
I made mention of Premium accounts in DCUO availing of a store discount as opposed to a stipend (in STO) last week or so in a thread, perhaps you got it from there. I haven't seen anything official that a store discount has even been considered at any level.
Closed Thread